PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

Sorry guys the posts have gone completely off topic now. Might be worth starting a new thread because anyone that is interested in what you guys are discussing won’t think of looking here. ;)

I just checked on kingsley's thread, the link for pes 4 is not on his initial post, but is at page 19, but i saw that it was removed from mediafire. I still have the file so i'll upload it if you want.

Thank would be great if you could upload it thank you

Sorry guys the posts have gone completely off topic now. Might be worth starting a new thread because anyone that is interested in what you guys are discussing won’t think of looking here. ;)

Sorry geeeeee for going off topic will keep it to 2008 from now on

Heh heh i guess no more posts in this thread. :P

haha na im a huge fan of pes 2008 just going through all the old pro evo games one by one

i have an annoying issue with 2008 tho i play it on pcsx2 and it runs perfecting smooth on x4 native resolution it looks great EXCEPT theres weird gfx glitches like some players hair flickers so you see their scalp and occasionally the animations on the players skitz out and flicker? i just can't seem to get rid of them

Thank would be great if you could upload it thank you

Sorry geeeeee for going off topic will keep it to 2008 from now on

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T2xoTM8jS8QRUn1DQ1rZjrLhXPpIvF2d/view?usp=sharing

This link should work. All credits to kingsley of course.

Yeah sorry for going off topic. I'd appreciate it if someone could briefly answer my previous question though.

I think it is the same system as pes 5 and 6, there is only one exception to make it work :

"Little more specific".

Right.

In-game. Options. Video. Change settings from Low or Medium or High. Accept. Go back to video settings. Change to another setting. Now the internal resolution is on. It will now stay on for the time you play the game. If you quit, you have to do it again.

I can't fix that. (Nor can I be bothered to.)

If after @omar rodriguez lopez's post that is not "specific" enough, then I can't help.

To come back on topic : I realised that it is more difficult to play pes 2008 without stats adjusted and on 10 minutes duration. Of course, the speed reduction is more realistic, but it makes dribbling way too easy. Chenghis explained why earlier in the topic, making speed slower for all player, make dribbling accuracy much easier. In default game, the players struggle more to keep control of the ball. Maybe reducing dribbling accuracy could do the trick, but for now i enjoy default game. And i prefer 10 minutes, because in default game you get crazy scorelines with 15minutes.

Today while reordering I stumbled almost by chance in an old copy of this game from Ps2 era, and remembering this thread I tried it on PCSX2 as well (sorry, Ps2 is staying in the closet!).

Boy, it seems you guys were completely right! From the few games I did, this game plays so much better than I ever remembered Pes 6 doing. Better cpu, better animations, and the effect of the rain is indeed fucking incredible considering that for a decent one even on "next gen" we had to wait a lot of other years!

Had a couple of games as I said, all very fun and varied. I might consider exploring it a bit :P

This game is my favorite PES. A lot of people here still play PS2 PES, which is basically PES 2008 engine tweaked over the years.

Anyway, if you like 2008 try the JLWE2008 version. Defending AI on Top Player is godly, and Superstar AI is gonna skin you alive. In fact JLWE2008 AI is too hard it’s unrealistic, a middle table team like Atalanta constantly making last ditch tackles and inch perfect blocks before the goal mouth is just impossible.

Last edited:
This game is my favorite PES. A lot of people here still play PS2 PES, which is basically PES 2008 engine tweaked over the years.

Anyway, if you like 2008 try the JLWE2008 version. Defending AI on Top Player is godly, and Superstar AI is gonna skin you alive. In fact JLWE2008 AI is too hard it’s unrealistic, a middle table team like Atalanta constantly making last ditch tackles and inch perfect blocks before the goal mouth is just impossible.

Yeh but i think after 2008 the gameplay went down hill on PS2. Lack of fouls etc...

Is JLWE2008 better than PES2008?

Also, the nice thing about all PS2 PES games using JLWE2007 engine afterwards is that they count assists better. In PES 6/WE10 the ball recipient takes more than 2 touches and that's it, no assist for you.

The PSP version played like PES 5 on the PSP and I think it used the same engine. Plus I seem to remember an article years ago about that the most stable PES 2008 was the PS2 ver.

I am still loving this game at the moment. I played some games against my brother and seeing some really good goal mouth action. My brother had a shot that the GK punched high into the air. GK was left on the floor as the ball came down. My brother’s striker was tried to header it over the line but then my GK managed to get up to head it off the line and then my defender smashed it away only for my bro’s other player to smash the ball back but it went wide.

It was one of those moments when you have to pause the game and watch the replay from every possible angle. It was only then did we notice the GK jump to header the ball of the line. He couldnt use his hands because of his body position when he was on the floor.

As i said there are so many different things happening and individuality stands out. I was playing as Denmark and i kept trying to feed Eriksen the ball, eventually he curled one in from outsude the box.

I am also playing the World Challenge where you have different scenarios to complete. I cannot get passed the firsr mission, defeating a weak team by more than 2 goals. Only playing on Professional but the CPU is so hard to break down. Once again so many things happening, like the CPU trying to hack me down, balls off the line, the CPU playing a cross field pass then playing another cross field pass then playing another. Running rings round me.

This game is so good. I am so looking forward to finishing my OF so that i can have a great ML. :)

PS Excuse the spelling mistakes, tired.

I really wish i was still recording highlights of my matches. Having some fantastic moments in my ML tester.

I played Southampton and Austin scored a looping header from the edge of the box. The keeper just watched it loop over his head into the corner. I havent seen a header like that before.

Then another match v Fulham and Mitrovic took the ball to the byline. I thought he was going to cross it into the box but, no, he chipped it to the edge of the box and Piazon (think that’s his name) volleyed it into the corner.

Another thing i like is when there is a 50/50 challenge and if i win the ball sometimes the player that lost the ball tries to hack me down. It’s really funny especially if you get away from the tackle.

This game is so good at the moment. And all this on Regular difficulty. Once my Option File is complete, probably by the end of the year, i will start a new ML and probably start recording the matches again.

PES 2010 is also really worth trying for those who like stats-centric approach from ps2 era. Yes, the animations are bad, but the individuality is outstanding and team individuality (tactics sliders) is better than ps2 era pes. Really enjoying right now with smoke patch.

Pes 10 is the last great PES.
Anyone know where I can download Pes08 or pes10 for pc? Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah it moved to next gen. I wish it hadn't.
I don't remember there being much difference between 6 and 2008 on ps2 but I only played it a couple of times.

Yeah it moved to next gen. I wish it hadn't.
I don't remember there being much difference between 6 and 2008 on ps2 but I only played it a couple of times.

I have always found PES6 too arcadey, shooting easier, too easy to win headers from goal kicks, and hardly any fouls. PES2008 is better in these areas imho. I just think if PES2008 had been as good on pc as it is on ps2 then that would have been the one that everyone was patching.

No way! I don't know if it would run on my laptop.
I forgot what the editing is like. That would be the only thing that would sway it for me.

Only just catching up on the post PES 6 PESes on PS2. Is there any real difference between PES 2008 and PES 2011 on PS2? Also was 20011 the last PS2 PES? Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom