PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

:lmao: Spot on though, I completely agree.

As we're using food outlet analogies, here's mine:

PES is like Wimpy - Shit, don't go near it.

Then came FIFA08 - Burger King, one of the best fast food outlets.

Now we have Euro08 - McDonald's, not a bad alternative, take it or leave it though.

OR

FIFA 08 is the Subway - the best, healthiest & FRESHEST fast-food outlet.

Euro 2008 is the Bakers Oven - not a bad alternative, take it or leave it......and;

PES is the Greggs. Overproduced, low quality, factory-line shite.

greggs own bakers oven!!!

not own as in "i owned your ass", but as in Actually own the company

:lol:

I didn't know either Dave!

Anyway, FIFA is for boys and

PES is for lady boys!

That's what I thought Lami :)).

Though there now seems to be nobody to fight the PES corner! Moral victory for FIFA I think :)).

I'll defend just about every incarnation up to 2008, they shot themselves in the foot with everyone shouting at them "hey don't point that gun at your foot and pull the trigger" along with a big 55x55ft sign saying the same thing, in big sod off bold font, with get your fingers out of your posteriors for good measure too...

I'll defend just about every incarnation up to 2008, they shot themselves in the foot with everyone shouting at them "hey don't point that gun at your foot and pull the trigger" along with a big 55x55ft sign saying the same thing, in big sod off bold font, with get your fingers out of your posteriors for good measure too...

They thought that by having the same team size/budget that was tweaking the 2001 engine could write a brand new graphics/physics code from scratch....
Which of course failed horribly...and I can bet that they started making PES2008 right after PES6 release....which was another disaster....
I just hope that the outrage and the big finansial losses (they did happen believe me even casual PES fans vomited) that forced them to lower the price so drastically will probaby wip their asses good....

I'm actually really, really (really) tempted to try and get PES2008 for as cheap as possible, just for something footbally to play for the next month. Euro 2008 has made me crave reaction times and it's very hard to go back to FIFA now, even though I loved it - it was like eating at Subway for a month and then someone giving you a free meal at John H Montgomery's Great British Food Restaurant. As great as the game is, how can you go back after playing something better? Happened every six months with PES. Oh there's a new WE, I'll try it - not much difference, I'll go back to the old one. Argh I can't play this now, I have to get the new one... Only this is worse, because you can't go and get the new one yet, because it's not out yet!

Even if I pay £10 to play it online for a month, that would be alright, as long as online play isn't as horribly broken as it was when I tried it.

I saw it pre-owned for £2.50 in Game the other day mate.

Just got back from town, GAME had it but it was £26 pre-owned on 360 and £32 pre-owned on PS3... But never mind. From what I've heard the online has never been fixed, so there would have been no point in me getting it.

It's not so much that PES has got really shit, it's that Fifa has totally blown it away and is millions times better this year. PES hasn't changed too much (but what they did change, they screwed it up)

Even PES5 feels like a piece of shit to me now after playing Fifa 08 on my 360... I used to love that game and I could play it for hours on end, now its just so crap :(.

I think he means the editing someone did on the PES Wikipedia page.
Yes, it was immature but some immature humour is just funny :D.

It's not so much that PES has got really shit, it's that Fifa has totally blown it away and is millions times better this year. PES hasn't changed too much (but what they did change, they screwed it up)

Even PES5 feels like a piece of shit to me now after playing Fifa 08 on my 360... I used to love that game and I could play it for hours on end, now its just so crap :(.

Try WE9LiveWare Evolution....I have the PC version and nothing cant touch it....

I'm not going to import a game that's old when I have a game like Fifa 08 on my 360...
WE9LE looks just like PES5 anyway, which I have... It won't be too much different as it's still made by Konami and they never do much to their game...

Back
Top Bottom