Pes Stats Database is gone forever

This is sad news, it is a very important website for the database.

I wanted to ask if you know the reason for the closure?
or if it is for lack of hosting payment?

If I can help you to recover this data, please count on me.

I am surprised with this news. you could upgrade to a web or try to make a desktop tool as indicated by our friend marqisspes6.

Count on me to help.

Thanks for all the help.
We are trying to rearrange the mod team and try to figure out a solution on the discord channel. Please participate if you want to help!

Reactions: Tom
I'm a big Pes fan and I'm seeing that I'm not the only one who is very sorry about the closure of Pesdatbase which is a constant reference (I use the present tense, because I hope that one day it can be restored in one way or another) for those who want to create statistics in Pes. Thanks to those who in recent years have allowed me to create recent teams and not only on Pes in my case Pes 06 and 2011. Is there a possibility that one day the site will be reborn under another name? With the same characteristics, i.e. a site where there are both statistics for recent Pes but also and above all for older ones such as Pes 2006 and 2011? Thanks in advance to whoever answers me.

I wanted to ask if you know the reason for the closure?
or if it is for lack of hosting payment?
we couldn't properly deal with site code and host issues, on top of people slowly losing enthusiasm for the site, pes and football, so the site was practically dying, and to be honest we accepted it as inevitable, but our admin for some impulsive reason erased all traces of psd in a moment, including discord community, without telling anyone
I am surprised with this news. you could upgrade to a web or try to make a desktop tool as indicated by our friend marqisspes6.
we didn't really have people capable of doing it, and didn't know where to ask for help
Is there a possibility that one day the site will be reborn under another name?
we have been offered a lot of help here, so hopefully we can put up some new site using our database, in one way or another. i have no idea how it works to be honest, so it's not a promise or anything - just something we'd like to happen

Hi guys I gave some format to the DB our hero porcha uploaded before. Maybe it's useful to someone. I hope we can rebuild the site somehow with the data and will try to help with the little I can. I had to divide it by positions in order for the file to be manageable, its so much data excel wouldn't even let me transpose the rows and columns šŸ˜‚.

The file:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fiq27ygmber2yqy/PSD_FULL.xlsx/file

The format
Captura55.PNG

Hi guys I gave some format to the DB our hero porcha uploaded before. Maybe it's useful to someone. I hope we can rebuild the site somehow with the data and will try to help with the little I can. I had to divide it by positions in order for the file to be manageable, its so much data excel wouldn't even let me transpose the rows and columns šŸ˜‚.

The file:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fiq27ygmber2yqy/PSD_FULL.xlsx/file

The format
View attachment 215792
these are not stats from PSD unfortunately (at least on that screenshot), it's not how these players were rated by us

these are not stats from PSD unfortunately (at least on that screenshot), it's not how these players were rated by us
That's what I was seeing now, I remember some stats being different. I just used the data porcha uploaded. If someone can upload a real db from PSD, I can do the same.

Hi Epsi, same here, I got shocked seeing that the discord channel was erased, I supposed they kicked me for some reason, but seeing a mod with the same problem means they deleted the server. I tried to DM eternal night at discord, but seems he blocked DMs to non-friends.
Here I'm. I am delighted to collaborate with what is needed.

we have been offered a lot of help here, so hopefully we can put up some new site using our database, in one way or another. i have no idea how it works to be honest, so it's not a promise or anything - just something we'd like to happen

Is it possible to update all this data in Excel and create an easy APP intuitive tool via VB Macros to make it easy to use and not lose the information?

Why not go back to using WEB HOST to host the database?

Sofifa databases are released every year and the hosting web is expensive, at this point, I think it is best to create an APP with all the Sofifa database via Excel and create a Search Macro for Stats.

Search by Name:
Search by Club:
Search by Selection:

In excel you can customize the Macro VB and update it with the Stats for each year. (2021)(2022)(2023)... etc

just an idea.

Is it possible to update all this data in Excel and create an easy APP intuitive tool via VB Macros to make it easy to use and not lose the information?

Why not go back to using WEB HOST to host the database?

Sofifa databases are released every year and the hosting web is expensive, at this point, I think it is best to create an APP with all the Sofifa database via Excel and create a Search Macro for Stats.

In excel you can customize the Macro VB and update it with the Stats for each year. (2021)(2022)(2023)... etc

just an idea.
i don't know, i'd rather keep the database over the web which PSD team can edit in real-time. but that excel idea may work if we exhaust any other options for web. i have no experience with spreadsheets so i can't comment on the method

if anyone is wondering about the current status, we're waiting to see if we have a site backup left (we're still trying to contact the guy who may have it), and then i think we'll consult with dev guys who volunteered to help in discord

if anyone is wondering about the current status, we're waiting to see if we have a site backup left (we're still trying to contact the guy who may have it), and then i think we'll consult with dev guys who volunteered to help in discord

Fingers crossed!

It's shocking how many people around the world feel sorry for what has happened, I get tons of messages and questions about this since yesterday, I could never imagine the amount of people that are genuinely super interested in this database.

I was checking the excell file related to the database and I noticed that "Attack/Defence Awareness Card" is missing which defines if a player is only offensive/defensive or offensive/defensive or balanced. It seems to me that sometimes even on the site some players had not reported it. Then I don't know if it's me who didn't see it in the excell file. I don't know if it could be added since there are thousands of players. Let me know and thanks in advance.

Such a shame. I use to use the website religiously back in the PES 5/6 days. I never found them perfect for the modern PES games. For example, you'd give someone like Antony his recommended stats and he's end up 93 rated :D
But i still used it as a guide and adjusted it where needed.

Such a shame. I use to use the website religiously back in the PES 5/6 days. I never found them perfect for the modern PES games. For example, you'd give someone like Antony his recommended stats and he's end up 93 rated :D
But i still used it as a guide and adjusted it where needed.
Pretty sure it's not just some stats freaks like us, for sure some real team managers take those stats in account, which is reasonable, otherwise why would someone pay 100M for antony šŸ˜‚

Emotionally destroyed after these news. I haven't even played PES or any other video game for a long time, but PSD site was a treasure of football knowledge. I was always getting excited when updates happened or new players were entered. And of course the classic section. Really the easiest and most objective way for a football fan to evaluate a player. All this work shouldn't be wiped out that simply. Nobody should tolerate it. I can't imagine the creators quitting. There are many ways to publish your work, like a blogspot for example. I don't like seeing expressions like "dying game" or "walking-dead". The PES video game may have been this case but the sport itsself (football) isn't getting less popular. So this is all it should be about! I expect we have some good news sooner or later. For the moment I am taking screenshots through Web Archive, but I have noticed some updates haven't been saved or the PES 6 stat model is missing for some players.

I should've made a "backup" from the "ranking/ladder" as I used to do... I got the opportunity to do so the last day it was UP for some hours, but I didn't think it would close forever... Shit, I hope someone can reach an admin or someone who has a backup, and we can work from that and maybe migrate data somewhere else

Last edited:
http://www.pesmitidelcalcio.com/viewtopic.php?t=1995

Guys, I was wondering about Pes Miti del Calcio, is this an alternate or offshoot of Pes Stats Database? I've seen that they have a lot of classic player threads, divided by eras in a very similar format.. But I think some of the stats, when compared to PSD, are slightly different. Would like to know a bit more about Pes Miti and its history, etc. :)

Yes there are alternatives, also pes kings via tapatalk https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/peskingsedition/

But it would be better to rebuild PSD somewhere else right? As I don't think mods there would agree to just modify everything according to PSD mods criteria šŸ˜‚

Guys, I was wondering about Pes Miti del Calcio, is this an alternate or offshoot of Pes Stats Database? I've seen that they have a lot of classic player threads, divided by eras in a very similar format.. But I think some of the stats, when compared to PSD, are slightly different. Would like to know a bit more about Pes Miti and its history, etc. :)

this came as a big suprise to me as well, it was totally a fucked up thing to do by rob. the site was dying and we were ready to accept it, but erasing all legacy and the remnants of community is a stupid and unncecessary thing to do
so the story is, these last few years you could say that PSD was on "life support", because site code mas a total mess, we had no one to fix it, and even when we had rob's friend dev volunteer for a short while, he said it's messed up and would take tons of time to even figure out the cause of most issues, after he already sepnt many hours on it. it was only getting worse with sporadic weeks of downtime, we could only do some band-aid fixes for that: frequent server restarts, sometimes restoring weeks-old backups losing all new data, but at least it was running, and we were improving our stats quality in spite of that, we had some sort of community around it in discord. then our hosting provider started getting very shady, introducing new issues, their support would be nearly impossible to reach, last thing they did in april is took a monthly payment for a week of their services, then demand another montly payment, saying we have a grace period of 3 weeks before they shut us down, then they shut the site down after just two days (on my birthday, lol), of course their support was impossible to reach again. rob has been saying that the messed up site code would make it nearly impossible to transfer to another host, so the best we could do is rely on patreon and ad revenue to keep it on life support and get ready for the site to go down for good, this went on for about a year, but it caught up to us as you can see
i think we should've reached out for some support to other pes communities like this one, but i personally didn't know how excatly we would do that (how to put it into words), so we never did, except on out discord (it was two weeks ago, and no one noticed it). it seems foolish now as i see web devs in this here thread who could've at least consulted us on the code issues
anyway, we may have a site backup left with one of our guys who was trying to work on keeping the site semi-alive, but i'm not sure, i'll need to ask first. do any of you guys want to take a look at it later? i really hope that we can at least rescue the database and revive it in one form or another @A.A.A @marqisspes6

i think we're should create another discord server for PSD community now, but except this thread, i don't know how else we could find our lost audience
Any luck on the backup?

So, over the past few months, I've been geeking out and building this kickass database of FIFA 23 -> PES 21 player stats. These stats are all linked to the original PES IDs, which means they're totally future-proof!

If you need any help or if there's anything I can do to contribute to the PES community, I'm your guy. Seriously, just hit me up, and I'll be more than happy to lend a hand in any way I can.

let me tell you about the conversion process. I've got my own formula going on here. I make sure the stats are realistic and damn good for gameplay. And , the overall player ratings? They're only off by +/- 1 from the FIFA stats.

Right now, my database is rocking around 8,000 players, and I'm constantly adding more stats to it. You know, gotta keep things fresh for all you PES enthusiasts out there! Also updating them once a week with the latest FIFA Live update. Its a semi automated process.

Hit me up if you need anything, and let's make the PES gaming experience even more epic together!

A good source for classic players, though they tend to overrate them quite a bit compared to Konami DB, especially in Curling, Mentality and Teamwork (from comparisons I've made). I've made a rough formula how to adjust Pes Miti stats so they are closer to Konami's, have it on my home laptop.

Back
Top Bottom