Pes Stats Database is gone forever

Epsi

Non-League
14 November 2010
Italy
Hi guys,

Former mod here.
Psd is gone forever.
I have been involved since 2009 in the forums and then on the site, providing my effort in creating accurate stats for the players. It became one of my passions.
We had host issues in the last months and we couldn't keep the site on.
Today I've seen that also Discord channel has been canceled forever, without any notice, by the site administrator.
This is such a shame, work of a lifetime has been lost forever.
If any other mod or active user is here please contact me. I lost all the contacts because of Discord channel erasure.

Rip Psd you gave us a lot in these years. I am happy to have given all my work for all these years to all our users and pes all over the world.

Edit: discord channel has been recreated, join here if you wish to help: https://discord.gg/RXZqQfJet6

Last edited:
@A.A.A @Epsi
Hello guys, I'm a developer myself too, and i always wanted to start a website for stats honestly, but I'm always finding issue where how to start, where to get players basic stats, transfer data, handle the users, etc.
If you or any other modder from PSD is interest into working together for a new stats website, i wouldn't mind to work with you, im mostly a old gen pes fan (ps2 style, and more pes5 than anything else) but i won't mind to help and collaborate for newer pes/we games :)

The following is a method I've been using for a while when looking for a particular player on PSD.

Let's say we're looking for Juan Sebastián Verón. Google his name + pes stats database

1683766671198.png1683766713135.png

Copy the link address and go to the Wayback Machine (https://archive.org/web/) and press Browse History

1683766805741.png1683766879976.png

Click on a past date snapshot, and wait a little while, and there you go. (You can also click on the forum for his corresponding thread).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Oh man I am so sad about this, and I was not even directly involved. :CONFUSE:

I can’t imagine how you guys feel having spent so much time working on the stats.

Thank you so much for your efforts for all these years and for keeping the retro PES stats updated too which I used for my option files. Thanks again. :((

this came as a big suprise to me as well, it was totally a fucked up thing to do by rob. the site was dying and we were ready to accept it, but erasing all legacy and the remnants of community is a stupid and unncecessary thing to do
so the story is, these last few years you could say that PSD was on "life support", because site code mas a total mess, we had no one to fix it, and even when we had rob's friend dev volunteer for a short while, he said it's messed up and would take tons of time to even figure out the cause of most issues, after he already sepnt many hours on it. it was only getting worse with sporadic weeks of downtime, we could only do some band-aid fixes for that: frequent server restarts, sometimes restoring weeks-old backups losing all new data, but at least it was running, and we were improving our stats quality in spite of that, we had some sort of community around it in discord. then our hosting provider started getting very shady, introducing new issues, their support would be nearly impossible to reach, last thing they did in april is took a monthly payment for a week of their services, then demand another montly payment, saying we have a grace period of 3 weeks before they shut us down, then they shut the site down after just two days (on my birthday, lol), of course their support was impossible to reach again. rob has been saying that the messed up site code would make it nearly impossible to transfer to another host, so the best we could do is rely on patreon and ad revenue to keep it on life support and get ready for the site to go down for good, this went on for about a year, but it caught up to us as you can see
i think we should've reached out for some support to other pes communities like this one, but i personally didn't know how excatly we would do that (how to put it into words), so we never did, except on out discord (it was two weeks ago, and no one noticed it). it seems foolish now as i see web devs in this here thread who could've at least consulted us on the code issues
anyway, we may have a site backup left with one of our guys who was trying to work on keeping the site semi-alive, but i'm not sure, i'll need to ask first. do any of you guys want to take a look at it later? i really hope that we can at least rescue the database and revive it in one form or another @A.A.A @marqisspes6

i think we're should create another discord server for PSD community now, but except this thread, i don't know how else we could find our lost audience

Last edited:
@josev after saying about the fact of making a website i came to an idea, not for custom stats... But to help pes community and i learned how to create browser extensions, my idea is the following... Well in fact i already started developing, a button for sites like sofifa, fminside, pesmaster, pesmiti that will automatically read all the data from the page we're reading and convert that data into pes format, in that part... I cant help, i have zero knowledge of stats, but i can write the code for it if someone gives me a proper formula. As additional to that, with users permission we can push that copied data into a db.
From that you can start reworking a whole new database for players, might take a while and again i will need help from the community with convertion formulas... But thats all i can offer right now

Here you have a few screenshots of my current work

1683796648200.png

1683796638683.png

Also my code will be open source in case someone wants to make their own fork and versions

I can't promise a big project like it was psd, but at least i can give something to start working with :)

I cant help, i have zero knowledge of stats, but i can write the code for it if someone gives me a proper formula. As additional to that, with users permission we can push that copied data into a db.
one of our community members is working on fm to pes stats converter and it's really good at this stage, i'll let him know if i have a chance. thanks for offering your help
my main hope is that we still have access to a site backup with player database, because starting from scratch would seem impossible even if we have a way to populate the db with converted stats, web archive is also an option to get some part of db back. the main question is if it's realistically possible to create a new barebones stats site, meaning someone could volunteer, because we have no people who know how to do that in our PSD team, we're totally cluelees about these things, and how hard would it be, and if people even interested enough in pes stats in 2023?

one of our community members is working on fm to pes stats converter and it's really good at this stage, i'll let him know if i have a chance. thanks for offering your help
my main hope is that we still have access to a site backup with player database, because starting from scratch would seem impossible even if we have a way to populate the db with converted stats, web archive is also an option to get some part of db back. the main question is if it's realistically possible to create a new barebones stats site, meaning someone could volunteer, because we have no people who know how to do that in our PSD team, we're totally cluelees about these things, and how hard would it be, and if people even interested enough in pes st

It shouldn't be "someone" it must be a group of people, otherwise the project will be impossible to carry with, i can help on backend, i have even my own vps where there's only hosting my pes5 online server, but I won't be able to maintaining a full site on my own.

About the database this is my last dump from last year into a csv with pes5 stats style

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes5-we9-le-psd-offline-db-2021-09-26-pes2008-9-csv.86057/

There are no classic players, only players from leagues, it may be useful or not.

It shouldn't be "someone" it must be a group of people, otherwise the project will be impossible to carry with, i can help on backend, i have even my own vps where there's only hosting my pes5 online server, but I won't be able to maintaining a full site on my own.

About the database this is my last dump from last year into a csv with pes5 stats style

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes5-we9-le-psd-offline-db-2021-09-26-pes2008-9-csv.86057/

There are no classic players, only players from leagues, it may be useful or not.
thank you, this db dump could be useful too, we'll try to figure out if we can do something about the future when we get psd people together to discuss
i personally have no clue about how to run a site, and realistically i don't have my hopes high that we can get enough volunteers to launch a new project, but any help or advice is greatly appreciated. if anyone has any ideas or insights, please share

I am away at the moment but if it helps, my PES2008 option file was updated up until when the site went down. I update every player on their birth day.

Let me know and I will upload it when I get home from my break. It can be made into a CSV file. :)

Last edited:
I am away at the moment but if it helps, my PES2008 option file was updated up until when the site went down. I update every player on their birth day.

Let me know I will upload it when I get home from my break. It can be made into a CSV file. :)
thank you. that could be very useful if we won't be able to get the db back in other ways we're considering now

Back
Top Bottom