PES 6/PES 5/WE9 LE All Stuttering

One question, how do you guys adapt visually switching from 144hz to 60hz ? I'm not sure if I should buy a high refresh monitor, but I don't play just PES , I enjoy my FPS games occasionally.
If you play any other games and are looking at a new monitor I would always recommend having something capable of 120hz plus. If you’ll play PES as well on it then it’s worth making sure it has VRR (variable refresh rate) and that its VRR range goes down to 60hz. That way you shouldn’t need to mess around with using CRU to manually switch your refresh rate every time you want to switch games. And as for switching between the two if you mean how it feels to the user, it doesn’t really feel much different playing classic pes and then moving to something running higher, at least to me. Mouse movement definitely can feel a little sluggish at 60hz now though!
Edit: consider as well that you’ll be able to run classic PES just fine at 120hz (will just render each frame twice which has no affect visually to the player).
Could you please teach me how to use it?
All the instructions for install and configuration that you need are at the link I provided, there’s not really more that I can add I’m afraid.

@BluesyShrimper I'm trying this with PES 6 and Windows 10, I play with an old laptop but it runs the game at solid 60 fps and low/mid consumes but the game still feels like crap. I've been using the d3d8.dll file alone but now I tried it with dxwrapper.dll and ini files and as I said it runs a bit better but still bad. My settings in the ini are d3d8to9, enablevsync and fullscreen on.​

Running the exe as admin makes it run even a little bit better but change the compatibility to XP or disabling fso makes it run bad.
If it’s just base pes6 (no patches) then I am not sure I’m afraid. How old are we talking? 6 was the first one to have a 1080p option I think so if your old laptop is really old then it might struggle I guess. When you say it feels like crap, is there continuous stutter? Or tearing?

For reference I’m running PES3, 5 and 6 on a Dell latitude e7270 with an intel integrated 520 card. With dxwrapper it runs them all on high settings with no lag other than the opening minute of the first match while it converts shaders.

Last edited:
@BluesyShrimper It has some years but I run the game at 720p that is the native resolution and 1080p internal resolution and as I said it runs runs at solid 60 fps, I tried to run the game using 720p internal resolution too but it looks really bad and the performance is just the same. I've noticed some time ago that old PES games don't detect the 720p resolution in the settings so that could be the problem but I'm not sure.

I say that the performance feels bad because I have a lot input lag while playing, I mean that players take some time to react to my commands like moving or shooting and some micro stutters and screen tearing (the wrapper helps with that but it's not completely fixed)

Has dxwrapper been mentioned in here yet? It probably has but nothing came up on search. Appreciate there's lots of wrappers out there and that DGVoodoo or ENB seems to be the preference for classic PES, but I have been using dxwrapper recently instead of DGVoodoo and have found I get better performance. With Voodoo I would get occasional drops to 59fps a few moments per match. But with dxwrapper it maintains 60fps with no tearing throughout.

There's also the usual miscellaneous stuff I have done/have to do which has likely already been mentioned but is important:
  • In terms of the exe - setting compatibility mode to XP and disabling full screen optimisations - ensures Windows DWM Vsync is disabled (Probably only relevant for those on Windows 10, which for me even on version 21h2 causes problems with microstutter if played without a wrapper).
  • If you have a display with a refresh rate higher than 60 that does not have a VRR you will need to set it to 60 or 120 (ideally 60 though some modern displays will flicker at a refresh rate this low in my experience). You can use CRU to do this if you're not able to through display settings.
  • If you are using a patch which uses the speeder in Kitserver to slow down the game - this will cause a consistent slowdown in my experience. I have never been able to use this feature as it always appears to impact the framerate, it seems the feature itself works by slowing down the game engine speed. Don't forget about this if you're playing a patch and it's lagging, I always disable it.
What stub file should I put on pes6 folder?

Hello, a question, the other options that you have enabled like the singleprocaffinity and anisotropicfiltering and antialiasing what are they for? it is advisable to enable them? greetings.
Hi, those are all optional. Only requirements are the d3d8to9 to fix the intermittent microstutter and vsync to get rid of the tearing.
The other options are enabled as I was mostly just testing.

Singleprocaffinity forces the game to run on a single core of your processor. Generally this can work better for older games so I have it enabled but there’s no feedback or noticeable improvement that I’ve seen with it on.

Anisotropic filtering in basic terms makes far away objects look sharper. Again I have it on because why not. Not sure if it makes a difference with PES though.

AA softens edges. Without it the players outline and shirt numbers etc can look quite shimmery, and the goal posts are quite jagged. Sadly this built in AA didn’t seem to work either so I’ve since turned it off. However I’ve been able to use an SMAA injector instead alongside dxwrapper and this appears to work (still testing).

Back
Top Bottom