PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

The only negative I have with PES 2017 and granted, I play on default assists - it gets easy after a while (I'm playing with Spurs so have good players so bear that in mind as well).

It's the 'easiest' Fox Engine PES for sure. A lovely game and the CPU doesn't talk BS like it does in most of the releases since then but yeah, PES 2017 doesn't challenge enough in Superstar for me.

Disclaimer: I'm always going on about football games being easy like I'm some god - I'm not :LOL: For some reason in PES 2017 I find the CPU a little passive at times. I beat Real Madrid earlier 2-0 without breaking a sweat, didn't have to fight for the result at all.

Maybe I'll play as a Sky Bet Champ or Serie B side on my next save.

The only negative I have with PES 2017 and granted, I play on default assists - it gets easy after a while (I'm playing with Spurs so have good players so bear that in mind as well).

It's the 'easiest' Fox Engine PES for sure. A lovely game and the CPU doesn't talk BS like it does in most of the releases since then but yeah, PES 2017 doesn't challenge enough in Superstar for me.

Disclaimer: I'm always going on about football games being easy like I'm some god - I'm not :LOL: For some reason in PES 2017 I find the CPU a little passive at times. I beat Real Madrid earlier 2-0 without breaking a sweat, didn't have to fight for the result at all.

Fuck , you're back with your old nickname.
Welcome back pal.
Yeah I'd say it's pretty easy ,or I have to fight hard every game and I win 9/10.
But it's always a tough fight the first 60-70 min ,and then I'll get a goal or two.

I've had a bunch of 4-0/5-0 wins this season (my eight) but then again I have a Milan superteam, I'd say 85 OVR ish.
Top player/15 min and PAO is my setup.
30 games in ,and I'm 18 PTS clear of Napoli in second place.

I'd say I would have to fight to win the league with a normal Milan side.
In my book ,the best modern game ,I'll play this over FIFA 16 most days

Fuck , you're back with your old nickname.
Welcome back pal.
Yeah I'd say it's pretty easy ,or I have to fight hard every game and I win 9/10.
But it's always a tough fight the first 60-70 min ,and then I'll get a goal or two.

I've had a bunch of 4-0/5-0 wins this season (my eight) but then again I have a Milan superteam, I'd say 85 OVR ish.
Top player/15 min and PAO is my setup.
30 games in ,and I'm 18 PTS clear of Napoli in second place.

I'd say I would have to fight to win the league with a normal Milan side.
In my book ,the best modern game ,I'll play this over FIFA 16 most days
Yeah the lovely modmins gave my old name back :LOL:

agree mate PES 2017 is a beautiful game.

Perhaps give FM passing and shooting a go?
I was in the old school passing assistance camp for a long time that PES needed assistance so that ‘stats’ mattered.

it’s definitely a different experience and better one imo, opens up the game for passing moves in particular that are impossible otherwise.

First time posting on here. But after reading a lot of the Pes 2017 comments and getting fed up of 2021 I thought I’d try the game again last night. My master league is on season 2038 so I’ve put some hours in. Only played 3 games . 2 league games 1 cup. 15 mins. Advanced shooting/thru ball. Manual passing. Top player. I’ve got to say really enjoyed it. And to my disbelief I got 2 penalties in 3 games plus gave 1 away and received a straight red. So looks like I’m gonna be hammering this for a while again now .

Had a couple of matches with it (Xbox One version) yesterday night and it indeed feels good. Too bad I couldn't replay Porto vs. Milan as Porto isn't licensed (and neither are the majority of the teams in the Portuguese league, for that matter) and we have no way to import things onto the Xbox.
I wanted to fall back to Benfica - Bayern, but... Well, you know what happened with Bayern back then. F$*k you, EA. F$*k you, Konami. F$*k everyone thinking that exclusive deals are a good thing.

on a different note, congrats @Zied500 (and other Porto fans) for yesterday's win. It's not over yet, though!

Interesting - somehow Winning Eleven 2017 better than usual version of game Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 or almost the same ?

WE2017.jpg

Interesting - somehow Winning Eleven 2017 better than usual version of game Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 or almost the same ?

WE2017.jpg
I don't know mate. I assume that since the game release became universal for all the globe, it is the same code, same gameplay. I think PC is not even region locked, so i doubt a user from USA/ASIA would play with different gameplay from a European user.

Is this copy 100% legit PES 2017 for PS4? I don't remember the Winning Eleven cover to include both PES and Winning Eleven in the cover. I haven't seen a cover since the game became universal, but IIRC it was like this
world-soccer-winning-eleven-2017-476077.7.jpg

To be fair, i spotted a cover like this for PES 2017 & PES 2018 in an e-shop from Malaysia.

I don't know mate. I assume that since the game release became universal for all the globe, it is the same code, same gameplay. I think PC is not even region locked, so i doubt a user from USA/ASIA would play with different gameplay from a European user.

Is this copy 100% legit PES 2017 for PS4? I don't remember the Winning Eleven cover to include both PES and Winning Eleven in the cover. I haven't seen a cover since the game became universal, but IIRC it was like this
world-soccer-winning-eleven-2017-476077.7.jpg

To be fair, i spotted a cover like this for PES 2017 & PES 2018 in an e-shop from Malaysia.
The one with both "PES" and "Winning Eleven" are the Korean version and the Asian version (specifically referring to Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and the southeast Asia), and the one with "Winning Eleven" only is the Japanese version

The one with both "PES" and "Winning Eleven" are the Korean version and the Asian version (specifically referring to Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and the southeast Asia), and the one with "Winning Eleven" only is the Japanese version
Thanx mate. But the gameplay is the same for all, correct?

Just to give some justice. I replayed some 2017 last week . The ball in PES 2017 PS4 is very small, compared to PES standards. Not as tiny as FIFA 17, but still small, the smaller in PS4 PES series.

On 2017 PC that i played too, is still small, but doesn't look as small as nextgen port of PS4, not sure if it is due to smoke patch I use, or oldport, or placebo.

Must be something about that year, 2017 :D with that little ball sizes.. :P

Only the 2011~2013 series had some small ball, but then again, in that games everything is tiny, balls, player models, only fields were huge, especially in 2011.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd say this ,but Pes 17 felt really bad when playing it the other day ,-1 game speed and it was like a F1 race.
Super fast
I noticed in both PC+PS4, it is very unreliable regarding gamespeed. I play in default speed, other games are slow, other smooth, a lot are superfast, like Sonic the Hedgehog.

I can't isolate the factors that effect gamespeed. Is it settings? Night or day? Weather, stadium, lighting?

Don't know but my experience from match to another vary a lot, to a degree that makes me check my settings, if i accidentally chamged the game speed...

I noticed in both PC+PS4, it is very unreliable regarding gamespeed. I play in default speed, other games are slow, other smooth, a lot are superfast, like Sonic the Hedgehog.

I can't isolate the factors that effect gamespeed. Is it settings? Night or day? Weather, stadium, lighting?

Don't know but my experience from match to another vary a lot, to a degree that makes me check my settings, if i accidentally chamged the game speed...
Same Here ,Pes 17 game speed varies a lot ,but I've always felt it was faster than modern games (18+)
I had to turn it off after a half played

Same Here ,Pes 17 game speed varies a lot ,but I've always felt it was faster than modern games (18+)
I had to turn it off after a half played
Yeah that's true 100%. Even 2018 has some very decent speed flow. Only fails, due to max responsiveness+no physicality , in some Scooby-Doo legs after non-existing collissions, and some SpongeBob legs in fast one-touch backheel passing.

But again it id the execution that is fast, the general 2018 movement and flow are smooth enough.

Yeah that's true 100%. Even 2018 has some very decent speed flow. Only fails, due to max responsiveness+no physicality , in some Scooby-Doo legs after non-existing collissions, and some SpongeBob legs in fast one-touch backheel passing.

But again it id the execution that is fast, the general 2018 movement and flow are smooth enough.
I like the flow and pace of 18 ,to bad about the physicality.
Also ,never liked the pitches.
Take that away and it's a pretty solid game.

Played my 15 the other day ,passing on PA1 is almost like PA0.
Underated game for sure ,some weird stuff though ,like cpu always manage to get their passes/through balls in ,like 19 at times ,pretty much undefendable

Just to give some justice. I replayed some 2017 last week . The ball in PES 2017 PS4 is very small, compared to PES standards. Not as tiny as FIFA 17, but still small, the smaller in PS4 PES series.

On 2017 PC that i played too, is still small, but doesn't look as small as nextgen port of PS4, not sure if it is due to smoke patch I use, or oldport, or placebo.

Must be something about that year, 2107 :D with that little ball sizes.. :P

Only the 2011~2013 series had some small ball, but then again, in that games everything is tiny, balls, player models, only fields were huge, especially in 2011.
Funny you say that, just yesterday i played the game with my friends (PC) he also said the ball is small, lol. I think it's just placebo, ball looks normal to me, maybe it's just camera settings ?

There's footage in this forum where nesa24 posted his edited ball size, it's really HUGE :D, sadly i couldn't find it

edit : Ok, just found it. There it is, just how big is nesa's balls, lol :D

Funny you say that, just yesterday i played the game with my friends (PC) he also said the ball is small, lol. I think it's just placebo, ball looks normal to me, maybe it's just camera settings ?

There's footage in this forum where nesa24 posted his edited ball size, it's really HUGE :D, sadly i couldn't find it

edit : Ok, just found it. There it is, just how big is nesa's balls, lol :D

Ha ha.
I dont think I've seen the ball as small tbh

Never thought I'd say this ,but Pes 17 felt really bad when playing it the other day ,-1 game speed and it was like a F1 race.
Super fast

The pace is brutal and takes a lot of adjusting to, that's why I've gone back to 18 and not 17. I think 17 is the best PES game on PS4 but don't have time to get used to it again.

Though IMO they slowed things down a bit too much with 18.

The pace is brutal and takes a lot of adjusting to, that's why I've gone back to 18 and not 17. I think 17 is the best PES game on PS4 but don't have time to get used to it again.

Though IMO they slowed things down a bit too much with 18.
Use to love 17 ,and it's one of the best Pes on last gen ,probably the best.
So many things could have been done better on 18 ,but it's still a good game

did a few games on the PS4 versions of 16 17 and 18, since i have all of them (boy do i feel smart now)... ended up choosing 2017 for a new Master League save.

for me the team IDs really make a difference, and (i play on -2 & superstar *edit: 15 minute halves became necessary to negate AI aggressiveness/compactness) i never felt like the game was too fast or easy. especially once assists are turned off, it feels the most realistic physically. while there are some 22-23 updates floating around for PES 18, i don't mind 'only' having 19-20 + about 3 dozen all-time club teams. ran a 32 team tournament with the all-time teams (i was Barca 04-10), went 1-1-1 and knocked out in the first phase. the final four in the knockout ended up real madrid, man u, valencia, and bayern... all time valencia ended up taking the cup. di stefano won the golden boot. great stuff

i also noticed 2018 has fewer random events, and a lot more 'predetermined' feel to situations. i suspect that another year of the myclub nonsense had an influence in giving the game 'fixed' outcomes - but i'm sure theres someone here whos spent more time with both games.

Last edited:
This is my favourite PES outside of the classic PS2 era, and by some distance. Recently loaded all the kits onto my PS5 and started a ML again on this, just had a great match so feel like posting. Took me a few matches to get used to this game again as I've been playing the PS2 classics non stop lately, but now I've adjusted it feels great to play.

There's a really good amount of physicality in this game that they just completely got rid of after this. You're actually able to have tactical changes affect matches against the AI, because bringing on your big tall striker and going all out defence-counter attack-long ball can actually work, for example. You can earn fouls which break up momentum too. That completely disappeared in later titles.

The AI is of course still occasionally prone to random BS but this is much more on the PS2 level of things and happens far, far less than the later titles, where random momentum shifts feel barely concealed.

The ML is actually pretty decent too. I know we were long past innovating the single player experience by this point, but I enjoy having things like the player roles come up and changing the dynamic. The preferred tactical playstyle of players is a great feature as well, having certain players either increase or reduce your team spirit based on if they get on better with a possession style or counter attack, or long ball or short pass build up for example, is great. It's like they actually thought about it.

It makes being a small second division team a lot of fun, building your ML team around a preferred tactical setup rather than any particular name. That works well with the budget and salary system too. It feels balanced both on and off the pitch overall. Admittedly, I'm not sure who signed off on the ball physics when crossing, I tend to use the R2 modifier to cross just so I can still see the ball! It goes so fast otherwise, but I'll let them off for that one issue in an otherwise very good football game.

This is my favourite PES outside of the classic PS2 era, and by some distance. Recently loaded all the kits onto my PS5 and started a ML again on this, just had a great match so feel like posting. Took me a few matches to get used to this game again as I've been playing the PS2 classics non stop lately, but now I've adjusted it feels great to play.

thats exactly what i ended up doing. i felt like playing a soccer sim, looked over all the new games, downloaded modded variations of them on PC... was unsatisifed.... then i looked over my game library and redownloaded. of course its fun to play the soccer game with the current rosters but i found that 2017 has a pace and weight about everything that feels a lot more true. i've settled into playing 15 minute halves on -2 speed, which i think complement each other well... once you get to managing the top teams, every team plays ultra-aggressive defense and this way the cards pile up... also, at -2 speed, i can play a 15 minute half and not feel like i have to ram the ball up field as fast as possible to maximize chances.

in some of the old NCAA football game forums, there are people who look at the real life speed of players in various positions, and apply slider packs that reflect this data. the newer PES games (yes, even with gameplay mods) lack that basis in reality, i feel... its all set up to ensure a normal shot count for a game lasting 1/9 the normal time.

hopefully some day there will be another kick in interest for this game and we can get some updated rosters. while i appreciate what everyone is doing trying to fix PES 2021 etc, i just don't think that it has the potential to feel as real as the basic PES 2017. i realize its not the easiest game to locate anymore but i know there are enough people with PS5s out there who would be blown away by playing something not-FIFA.

of course Master League regens/transfers/job offers (Real Madrid tries to hire me, the barcelona coach, every year) are lackluster and are improved by mods... but the in-game cutscenes related to the CL in PES 2017 are glorious and add immensely to the experience. not to mention - if someone is looking for a realistic football simulation that reflects the world outside of the games.... thats what football manager is for.

I went and found a ps4 copy and god it feels so crisp yet weighty at the same time why change it in later games, I wish there was an updated option file somewhere
mod- if posting links is prohibited i apologize and will delete. that said:

here's what i found

i combined the most recent file (found here, i believe, 19-20 season) with the top link (classic clubs). then, i put all the classic club teams in a south american and asian league. if you do this, though, you may want to leave a few of the national team kits out (to leave room for the fantastic classic kits people made).

mod- if posting links is prohibited i apologize and will delete. that said:

here's what i found

i combined the most recent file (found here, i believe, 19-20 season) with the top link (classic clubs). then, i put all the classic club teams in a south american and asian league. if you do this, though, you may want to leave a few of the national team kits out (to leave room for the fantastic classic kits people made).
Thanks for this let me give it a shot

Back
Top Bottom