PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Woow so it also looks better? And i think i can install optionfiles also? i think i’m buying an ps5 instead of seriesx. I need a good footballgame!
Not sure about option files but I imagine so as pes21 can .
I'm not sure why games look better , Pes 5 automatically activates HDR on my TV regardless of which game where the ps4 pro only did on certain games , also I took time to set it up ..it's noticeably better looking compared to how I had it before

Not sure about option files but I imagine so as pes21 can .
I'm not sure why games look better , Pes 5 automatically activates HDR on my TV regardless of which game where the ps4 pro only did on certain games , also I took time to set it up ..it's noticeably better looking compared to how I had it before
Nice!

Hello. I have searched long and hard, without success. Is there a classic option file for PS3? I have one for PS4 but it would be nice to have one for PS3. Thank you.

When starting to play Pes 18-19 I always end up back on 17.
Played a game on my Milan save,season 6.
Responsiveness
Player switching.
Physicality
Defending.
CPU AI variety

Man this game is truly the only one I need on the xb1/PS4 era,though I like 18,nothing compares to this game.

I think I'll keep going with my save,though starting over feels tempting.
Almost forgot how good it was.

Also after playing Pes 18-19-20 and FIFA 20 this game doesn't feel as fast as I remembered (-1 game speed Top player 20 min pass assist 0)

When starting to play Pes 18-19 I always end up back on 17.
Played a game on my Milan save,season 6.
Responsiveness
Player switching.
Physicality
Defending.
CPU AI variety

Man this game is truly the only one I need on the xb1/PS4 era,though I like 18,nothing compares to this game.

I think I'll keep going with my save,though starting over feels tempting.
Almost forgot how good it was.

Also after playing Pes 18-19-20 and FIFA 20 this game doesn't feel as fast as I remembered (-1 game speed Top player 20 min pass assist 0)
It really is an unbelievable game. Aside from the quality of life improvements you mentioned above, it really does feel like a football game come to life. You see so much variety and unpredictable decision making and skill from the CPU it really could be like playing against a human online.

It's the perfect fox engine PES and yet they seemed to do a 180 and go in a completely deflating bot like direction from this game onwards.

It really is an unbelievable game. Aside from the quality of life improvements you mentioned above, it really does feel like a football game come to life. You see so much variety and unpredictable decision making and skill from the CPU it really could be like playing against a human online.

It's the perfect fox engine PES and yet they seemed to do a 180 and go in a completely deflating bot like direction from this game onwards.
Every time I play it , especially being away from it for a while,I pretty much drop my jaw at what's going on playing it.
Truly a gem,can't believe I still try to make any game after this one playable by editing and fixing.
Think I need to stay with Pes 17 tbh.
It's a game that could make me buy a PS4 and a copy of it (Xbox player here).
A gem

I even gave my 360 version a spin earlier today.
Only played a half,but it felt different,didn't see much physicality,could be a played exhibition game,who knows.
But the gameplay itself,feels different ,can't put my finger on it,not for the worse though,maybe a bit more "free" and slower pace for sure.
To bad it's such a stripped down version with 9 stadiums.

But who knows,might go for a side ML

I even gave my 360 version a spin earlier today.
Only played a half,but it felt different,didn't see much physicality,could be a played exhibition game,who knows.
But the gameplay itself,feels different ,can't put my finger on it,not for the worse though,maybe a bit more "free" and slower pace for sure.
To bad it's such a stripped down version with 9 stadiums.

But who knows,might go for a side ML
There's plenty of pes 2017 xbox360 patch though.

Three games played last night on my Milan save.
Probably around 80-85 ovr as a team,pretty proud of that I kept Locatelli/Mauri/Vido/Cutrone/Romanogli/Donnarumma since day one,all 70 ish 5 seasons ago.

25 games in,leading Juventus with 10 points by now,only one loss so far,last 16 of CL and coppa Italia.

One thing I've always loved (not 15 though) is the fact that Konami has always been good at representing a realistic table.
Top teams often lose 2-4 games and draw 2-6 games making the table realistic.

When on Fifa 19 and backwards,it's the two top team in each league winning 24 drawing 10-12 and losing 2-4 games.
Or worse,FIFA 20-21,not 100 on 21 since I haven't played a full season,but 20 had Liverpool/City/Bayern /BVB winning 34 losing 1 and 3 draws,making it completely useless playing it.
Or at least very very tough and not realistic enough.
Great fun playing this again.

Took me a while too return to PAO (and playing Pes at all).
But being around 70-78% in passing feels pretty damn good.
Had the worst hammering of a team ever,I think of all my Pes gaming.
8-0 win Vs Bologna.
Super Milan keeps rolling.
29 games played,18pts clear of Napoli in 2nd place.
Avanti!

My perception of PES17 was that on full manual, the cpu seemed to be given a boost - it's like Konami recognised you could more easily outfox their AI by playing manual passes that didn't fit in with the underlying scripted nature of all their games, so had to compensate by giving the cpu some sort of advantage. My memory is that on assisted, the AI were more enjoyable to play against.

By PES20/21, they'd managed to reverse that, so that the AI was more vulnerable when you played full manual, not that the AI made more passing errors but that you could get in closer to them for physical challenges and win the ball back. On assisted passing, the cpu in 20/21 is overpowered physically and if you do win the ball off them, the referee intervenes and is obviously biased in favour of the cpu.

I think that the fact that PES 5/6 didn't have manual passing is one of the reasons they were perceived as being so good, because without manual passing, the game could take more account of stats and effectively decide when bad passes would occur, so they could effectively script more midfield battles, giving a better balanced game. There are obviously other reasons too, but I think this is a factor.

One thing they haven't been able to recreate after 17 is the player switching and how "awaken" the players are, especially in defence,and I'm also talking about playing manual passing.
All other games after that has been very passive in that aspect.

Also when the CPU takes a goal kick (goalie) your team mates immediately takes up marking and tries to win headers,also positioning hasn't been done better since.

Brilliant game,has its flaws,but Vs all other 17,it's been downhill.

One thing they haven't been able to recreate after 17 is the player switching and how "awaken" the players are, especially in defence,and I'm also talking about playing manual passing.
All other games after that has been very passive in that aspect.

Also when the CPU takes a goal kick (goalie) your team mates immediately takes up marking and tries to win headers,also positioning hasn't been done better since.

Brilliant game,has its flaws,but Vs all other 17,it's been downhill.
Yes, One thing I always use to asses how well developed a game is, Is by using what I call the "For F*** sake" test.

If i'm playing a game and i'm not muttering "Oh for F*** sake" to myself every five minutes because of bad controls or bad AI, then it's a good game.

PES 2020 & 2021 are the only games that fail this test. I am constantly cursing because the game constantly betrays you in some area due to player position, defenders running away from something or bad cursor switching etc. I never say this once while playing 2017 because everything works as it should, your team shape and defender AI is reliable and not in the sense that they just do the work for you but rather they behave as they should and assume correct position until you take control of the player you need to commit to the relevant action. You feel like the AI constantly has your back here and you can count on it unlike in recent games where they feel like malfunctioning robots running all around the pitch.

It's supposed to get better after each iteration, supposed to improve on the previous design and findings, not regress. All technology seems to improve from cars to planes to computers to phones every year, yet PES...

It's March 16th 2026. And Barcelona are currently 19th.

View attachment 55942

I played for them last season (BAL) and helped then win a title. So what was my reward? They stripped me off captaincy. So I took my talents back to Atletico. We're in 1st and almost guaranteed the title. Barcelona are close to relegation. Poetic justice.
Can you show me the Barcelona squad? I am laughing hysterically right now

Last edited:
Yes, One thing I always use to asses how well developed a game is, Is by using what I call the "For F*** sake" test.

If i'm playing a game and i'm not muttering "Oh for F*** sake" to myself every five minutes because of bad controls or bad AI, then it's a good game.

PES 2020 & 2021 are the only games that fail this test. I am constantly cursing because the game constantly betrays you in some area due to player position, defenders running away from something or bad cursor switching etc. I never say this once while playing 2017 because everything works as it should, your team shape and defender AI is reliable and not in the sense that they just do the work for you but rather they behave as they should and assume correct position until you take control of the player you need to commit to the relevant action. You feel like the AI constantly has your back here and you can count on it unlike in recent games where they feel like malfunctioning robots running all around the pitch.

It's supposed to get better after each iteration, supposed to improve on the previous design and findings, not regress. All technology seems to improve from cars to planes to computers to phones every year, yet PES...
Ha ha,I can relate to the "ffs".
It's a good measure to know if a game is good or not.
My test is pretty much whether I get emotional when scoring/winning,getting up from my chair or not.

Remember being quite annoyed with Pes 18,back heels etc.
Felt 19 to be awful,could manage league mode,but ML,really bad.
Pes 20,didn't feel a thing,felt like sitting in a waiting room at the doctor's/garage/bank.
Completely empty.

17 just works in all areas.
Must have put together 15-20 seasons by now,still it feels fresh.
Remarkable game

Yeah, exactly the same as me for 20 and 21 but it's pure anger I felt when I played them because both games were so riddled with so many issues, terrible AI awareness, poor teammate AI, basic and repetitive opposition AI, terrible refereeing, obvious cpu cheating, etc.

17 and 18 were the 2 games I played with the longest and merely felt minor irritations, although I played them almost exclusively in fixed-cursor mode, which helped avoid some of the problems.

With 19, the AI was so bad that I gave up on that game very early.

I do think there has been year and year progression right through from 15-21 in terms of the feel and pace of the game. Playing 18 immediately after playing 21 always feels a little less polished and slightly clunky, likewise going further back to 17-15. But overall, the gameplay and AI has clearly regressed in the past 3 editions.

Can you show me the Barcelona squad? I am laughing hysterically right now

First things first, Barcelona were in fact relegated.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017_20210630223147.jpg
They did win promotion back to La Liga next season though. Somehow still the second highest ranked club team in the world.

As you asked, here's the Barcelona squad in 2027

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017_20210630223220.jpg

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017_20210630223247.jpg

Messi and Suarez are both 40 years old and refuse to retire.

Back
Top Bottom