PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

If Adam is going for the best PES ever this year and what made me play 5/6 for a long time was the randomness, wide variety of passes, crosses shots on goal by the AI, team tactics, if that's achieved this year then konami have a good development team, cos that's what's been missing the most, they can try sugar coating those areas by producing first touch and slower better animations, but that's just part of the complete package. Not good enough for me this year if it's only the latter, Fifa may have problems in certain areas, but the variety I see when I play against the AI is something iv never experienced before, which is the reason why I'm still playing it till now.

If Adam is going for the best PES ever this year and what made me play 5/6 for a long time was the randomness, wide variety of passes, crosses shots on goal by the AI, team tactics, if that's achieved this year then konami have a good development team, cos that's what's been missing the most, they can try sugar coating those areas by producing first touch and slower better animations, but that's just part of the complete package. Not good enough for me this year if it's only the latter, Fifa may have problems in certain areas, but the variety I see when I play against the AI is something iv never experienced before, which is the reason why I'm still playing it till now.

Great post! :APPLAUD::TU:

Say what you want, but no video of Pes 2017 (even offscreen) = HUuuUuuuUuuge FAIL!

They are gonna reveal everything in few days on E3. So stop obsessing over a trailer not being shown yet, a lot of games are waiting for E3 to show the full reveal of their game.

I'm a big supporter of tactics being implemented in our footy games, but PES has done a very crap job of OVERDOING the instructions on the tactics sine PES14's emergence. As a result, I am very hesitant to feel optimistic about these advanced tactics for PES17. PES focused so heavily on the complicated tactics that they made players play like robots, which took away any natural, human instinct that should be a common viewing in footy games. I'm a bit unsure of what they're doing, and I hope I'm wrong, but I hope they aren't using tactics as the BASE, and forgetting about the natural detection system (of the ball, players, touchlines, etc).

I'd prefer to see tactics overdone than completely ignored, as they are in FIFA. If I'm a manager and I assign a defensive midfielder to protect a couple of fragile centre backs, that's what I want him to do. And in any professional team that's exactly what he'll do.

Furthermore, tactics are what give a team its identity, which is why teams in FIFA all seem the same.

Last edited:
I'm a big supporter of tactics being implemented in our footy games, but PES has done a very crap job of OVERDOING the instructions on the tactics sine PES14's emergence. As a result, I am very hesitant to feel optimistic about these advanced tactics for PES17. PES focused so heavily on the complicated tactics that they made players play like robots, which took away any natural, human instinct that should be a common viewing in footy games. I'm a bit unsure of what they're doing, and I hope I'm wrong, but I hope they aren't using tactics as the BASE, and forgetting about the natural detection system (of the ball, players, touchlines, etc).

The overdoing tactics also ruined the player individuality.I remember in 2015 teams tactics which set as short pass,
the players in the team will just never or barely cross and make long pass.
I don't understand why some ppl said that player individuality became better in recent years,players like xabi alonso and pirlo who always make long pass in real life,
but in the game they won't or barely make long pass in a team with short pass instrustion even you set the players with long expert and early cross.
Its funny that if you set long pass as the tactic for barcelona,you will see that the ai will just follow the tactic like a robot
I don't see any player individuality when the game determine that tactics can completely override ai behaviors.
Back to 2013,you can easily see that the ai will make long pass,long shot,try to dribble himself with any tactics if the player has those skills like early cross,trickster,speed merchant.
That should be how the player individuality works.ofc ai still followed the tactics to play as a team but tactics didn't override ai completely in 2013

I'd prefer to see tactics overdone than completely ignored, as they are in FIFA. If I'm a manager and I assign a defensive midfielder to protect a couple of fragile centre backs, that's what I want him to do. And in any professional team that's exactly what he'll do.

Furthermore, tactics are what give a team its identity, which is why teams in FIFA all seem the same.

Well yeah, nobody wants them ignored. I don't want them as a base either though. That's like saying you're going to put 22-players on a pitch, throw the ball in the middle of them, and they will only go after the ball if the tactic says "kick with your elbow", it doesn't make sense - yet that's how PES instructions have made the game so robotic. No need to bring FIFA into the discussion as they are different games, but yes I agree that FIFA's tactics (CTT) have long been ignored. FIFA tactics are based on the formation of the opposition versus actual tactical slider values.

Look at this video from PES 2014 (excuse the nasal voice) that had potential of just changing some tactics and some player specific values. KONAMI will find the right combination by focusing more on the player specific values/individuality such as "tenacity" to create the natural response as a by-product of what happens on the pitch, versus just going after tactics. Like I said earlier, I hope they don't go that route.

http://youtu.be/DVX5SzfpO7A

The overdoing tactics also ruined the player individuality.I remember in 2015 teams tactics which set as short pass,
the players in the team will just never or barely cross and make long pass.
I don't understand why some ppl said that player individuality became better in recent years,players like xabi alonso and pirlo who always make long pass in real life,
but in the game they won't or barely make long pass in a team with short pass instrustion even you set the players with long expert and early cross.
Its funny that if you set long pass as the tactic for barcelona,you will see that the ai will just follow the tactic like a robot
I don't see any player individuality when the game determine that tactics can completely override ai behaviors.
Back to 2013,you can easily see that the ai will make long pass,long shot,try to dribble himself with any tactics if the player has those skills like early cross,trickster,speed merchant.
That should be how the player individuality works.ofc ai still followed the tactics to play as a team but tactics didn't override ai completely in 2013

Agreed completely, hard to bring in any kind of player individuality when the instructions impact are so strong.

PES 2013 was the best game. 2014 felt like it wasn't finished, hated it, traded it right away. If PES 2016 wants realism and fun do what that game did.

Well yeah, nobody wants them ignored. I don't want them as a base either though. That's like saying you're going to put 22-players on a pitch, throw the ball in the middle of them, and they will only go after the ball if the tactic says "kick with your elbow", it doesn't make sense - yet that's how PES instructions have made the game so robotic. No need to bring FIFA into the discussion as they are different games, but yes I agree that FIFA's tactics (CTT) have long been ignored. FIFA tactics are based on the formation of the opposition versus actual tactical slider values.

Look at this video from PES 2014 (excuse the nasal voice) that had potential of just changing some tactics and some player specific values. KONAMI will find the right combination by focusing more on the player specific values/individuality such as "tenacity" to create the natural response as a by-product of what happens on the pitch, versus just going after tactics. Like I said earlier, I hope they don't go that route.

http://youtu.be/DVX5SzfpO7A

Agreed completely, hard to bring in any kind of player individuality when the instructions impact are so strong.

I forgot that !!
what a great level of animations in PES 2014 !!! almost no skating ...
natural movements ... great connection between two animations (compared with PES 2016)
why them ruined it instead of only develop it ?!!! :CONFUSE:

I forgot that !!
natural movements ... great connection between two animations (compared with PES 2016)

because there so lost, they need the community to give them ideas and when that happens opinions collide.

end result is confusion for development.

Last edited:
matt10, tactics are fine man and not complicated, infact they are simple compared to 2011-2013. the actual issue is they need a few more sliders. PES 2011-2013 was the best for these, right now is very good in theory but the game is too basic to see them at their best.

PES tactics is as you know the biggest area where the game just smashes fifa away. They are very effective if you want to stop the AI from overwhelming you and a must for playing against other people in multiplayer.

Last edited:
I forgot that !!

Because a certain someone kept whinging it wasn't as quick as Fifa.

I forgot that !!

unfortunately that game was so unfinished in the attacking zone, midfield play was something else in 2014, best representation of the sport since probably ever, just felt right

then back to full arcade in 2015...

unfortunately that game was so unfinished in the attacking zone, midfield play was something else in 2014, best representation of the sport since probably ever, just felt right

I wouldnt say Pes 2015 is full arcade. At least it has a decent pace and theres still some sense of weight on players.

But on Pes 2016 sure they went full arcade with that ridiculous accurate passing and ridiculiz fast gameplay with players literally floating on the pitch with no sense of weight and almost zero footplanting. Its ugly to watch:

I consider Pes 2016 to be a love letter from Konami to kids/casuals.

Funny how these writers talk about how much slower and sim the game is, yet their game play videos show them ping-ponging the ball around and running at a full tilt sprint the entire game lol. Fellas, when playing the game you can slow down and even walk the ball once in a while... you know, just like in real football.

As long as they fixed the goofy issue of the CPU only ever scoring via low corner shots... that's all I care about.

Because a certain someone kept whinging it wasn't as quick as Fifa.

because there so lost, they need the community to give them ideas and when that happens opinions collide.

end result is confusion for development.

so frustrating :TTTH:

I know pes 2014 was unfinished game
but they reached a level on certain aspect of game ... and ruined it to starting from zero point !!
like movement of kits that existed in pes 2014 and don't in 2015,2016 !!
like short model that was right on 2015 and became oversize and pipe shape ! at 2016 !

I am not pessimist guy, but just can't understand why they ruin what they have already ?!!!
it is not just 2 or 3 time that they do that ... it seems like a habit for Konami !!
another Ex: ruining 2011 good passing system in 2012 ... also 2011 graphic and lighting was better than 2012 ! ... etc

PES online vs. assisted players is the best advertising for Fifa. :LOL:

Hoping they address that in PES 2017

Now that La Liga is FIFA exclusive, does that mean that we will probably have just one team from the league? Like Manchester U in 2016? I hope they give some information on editing.

I already said in a thread that pes 2017 should be a tweaked pes 2014, same level of technical ability but with better final third options. A dream come true to every football gamer.
I remember i used to play 2014 with jenkey gameplay patch, and for me i remember i enjoyed it back then, especially those animations on the player movement. It was fantastic to me.

My english sucks so can anyone explain this to me? Its a new free kick system of fifa 17 I now but, it means that you can cchange the set piece taker position from the ball? Man if it is, I gave this feedback years ago, but for PES!

DIRECT FREE KICKS
Customize your run up on free kicks to create more variety in the spin and movement on the ball. You can now deliver worldies like outside of the foot direct free kicks that bend around the opposition

Back
Top Bottom