PES 2017 Player Style, Preferred Position,Player Ability and Tactical Advice for CPU

Good day, I wanted to ask if the CPU tactics in the Championship mode worked well they could test with Real Madrid times?

@Tremonia87
Championship tactics that i have provide should work well. Do you need a video with a championship team vs real madrid? Or what?

sorry i misundertanded you...
you mean tournaments mode.. or league mode, understood.
Or if you are talking about ML mode, they works also, but there are other variables to bear in mind like Team Spirit, Team Role, Rivalries, Form and new coach..

The ML mode this year is pretty close to a RPG

Last edited:
I'm absolute frustrated with tactics right now, anyway i'm with Alex's 1.03 and his 1st dt18 release.
The CPU looks overrated even have lower overall than my players. Sokratis, 1,85 m height, 90 jumping and 89 heading losing to liepzig Poulsen who i know he's got lower jump and heading as well, the height gap between them two are not too much. PS: BVB and RBL having no rivality or a derby match.

Or if you are talking about ML mode, they works also, but there are other variables to bear in mind like Team Spirit, Team Role, Rivalries, Form and new coach..

OkThank You, is this Tactic Video a Realistic Tactic Video from Zidane?

OkThank You, is this Tactic Video a Realistic Tactic Video from Zidane?

I use my tactics. i have provided for you a real madrid scheme , have you tried it?
I don't like the scheme I that you posted IMO there are too much space between the players...

I'm absolute frustrated with tactics right now, anyway i'm with Alex's 1.03 and his 1st dt18 release.
The CPU looks overrated even have lower overall than my players. Sokratis, 1,85 m height, 90 jumping and 89 heading losing to liepzig Poulsen who i know he's got lower jump and heading as well, the height gap between them two are not too much. PS: BVB and RBL having no rivality or a derby match.
I want to try, thnks to point that

That was on ML match, coach mode, superstar.
RBL plays as italian low table and my team play as i instruct.
But, their long ball always meet their strikers, not only poulsen, but the other striker always win aerial duel.

I use my tactics. i have provided for you a real madrid scheme , have you tried it?
I don't like the scheme I that you posted IMO there are too much space between the players...
Yes I've tried it looked also only good but in the Master League I had problems I have the CPU play

explain me what's the problems, if not i can't understand. What's issue in Master league? Are you playing as real madrid (you control it) or you playing versus real madrid (CPU control it)?

That was on ML match, coach mode, superstar.
RBL plays as italian low table and my team play as i instruct.
But, their long ball always meet their strikers, not only poulsen, but the other striker always win aerial duel.

Ok, now i'm starting to record some video about RBL

I am the coach of real madrid :-)

Ok and what's the issue, too difficult to play? The team leave too much space? Or what? How is your team Spirit?

Ok, now i'm starting to record some video about RBL

Ok and what's the issue, too difficult to play? The team leave too much space? Or what? How is your team Spirit?

So the team spirit is at 94 but I've got the feeling the players just leave in the defensive too much space especially over the outside

I think that match the real style of RM, have you seen the last match aganist villareal?
And anyway have you read the frist page and my suggestion to remove the three COM style trickster, mazing run and speeding bullet from all the players ? And also def goalkepeer and the discussion about the hole player role?
On what platform are you playing?

I think that match the real style of RM, have you seen the last match aganist villareal?
And anyway have you read the frist page and my suggestion to remove the three COM style trickster, mazing run and speeding bullet from all the players ? And also def goalkepeer and the discussion about the hole player role?
On what platform are you playing?

I want to delete 3 abilities to fix the problems?

You should remove that three COM styles and anyway read first page.

Kilay do you agree, i keep one or two of the 3 com or two if the player really tend to be personal and/or make the wrong choice. It dumbs players down and it might be a good idea for some players

Kilay what is your opinion on libero style GK's, any way tom replicate this? I think a lot about Edwin van der Sar, who also happened to play a lot with his feet. Offensive goalkeeper is for sure one way to go...

Also is there a combination of playing style+com playing style+skills that can replicate a free role? This used to be free roaming some years ago...

I have tried using hole player+incisive run but I'm still not conviced.

Trying to replicate the Ljungberg and Pires roles, who played more like side AM's with freedom to roam.

Kilay what is your opinion on libero style GK's, any way tom replicate this? I think a lot about Edwin van der Sar, who also happened to play a lot with his feet. Offensive goalkeeper is for sure one way to go...

Also is there a combination of playing style+com playing style+skills that can replicate a free role? This used to be free roaming some years ago...

I have tried using hole player+incisive run but I'm still not conviced.

Trying to replicate the Ljungberg and Pires roles, who played more like side AM's with freedom to roam.
about free roaming have you tried AM box-to-box + incisive run? or also AM Dummy runner+ incisive run

About a libero keeper you can try to raise the att prowess but i don't know if something will change

about free roaming have you tried AM box-to-box + incisive run? or also AM Dummy runner+ incisive run

About a libero keeper you can try to raise the att prowess but i don't know if something will change

Did some thorough testing and these are the results:

4-4-2 Formation (Flexible Positioning)
At Kick Off LM and RM / In Possession AM (LS) and AM (RS) / Out Of Possession LM and RM

1. AM box-to-box + incisive run:

Doesn't do the trick. Player behaves more as a "Creative Wing-back" (Somewhat similar to what Gaizka Mendieta used to play). This could be something interesting to further investigate.

2. AM Dummy runner+ incisive run: :TU:

This is the right combination. Although the "free roaming" aspect is not 100% perfect, players do move nicely and behave pretty close to a "Freddie Ljungberg"/ "Robert Pires" type of role (Side AMs with freedom of movement that also can behave like SMs).

For this to work, players must NOT have the Speeding Bullet COM skill, as this card is exclusively attached to vertical breakthroughs, which heavily overrides incisive runs and keeps SMs/ side AMs running vertically and close to the wing. Speeding bullet I think is more for pure wingers or very offensive minded SBs.

P.S.

For Libero style keeper I tested:

Offensive GK+ 99 attacking prowess: Nothing noticeable

Offensive GK+ 99 ball winning: Nothing noticeable

Offensive GK+ 99 covering: Nothing noticeable

I have yet to test these 3 combined, although I suspect the result will be the same.

Did some thorough testing and these are the results:

4-4-2 Formation (Flexible Positioning)
At Kick Off LM and RM / In Possession AM (LS) and AM (RS) / Out Of Possession LM and RM

1. AM box-to-box + incisive run:

Doesn't do the trick. Player behaves more as a "Creative Wing-back" (Somewhat similar to what Gaizka Mendieta used to play). This could be something interesting to further investigate.

2. AM Dummy runner+ incisive run: :TU:

This is the right combination. Although the "free roaming" aspect is not 100% perfect, players do move nicely and behave pretty close to a "Freddie Ljungberg"/ "Robert Pires" type of role (Side AMs with freedom of movement that also can behave like SMs).

For this to work, players must NOT have the Speeding Bullet COM skill, as this card is exclusively attached to vertical breakthroughs, which heavily overrides incisive runs and keeps SMs/ side AMs running vertically and close to the wing. Speeding bullet I think is more for pure wingers or very offensive minded SBs.

P.S.

For Libero style keeper I tested:

Offensive GK+ 99 attacking prowess: Nothing noticeable

Offensive GK+ 99 ball winning: Nothing noticeable

Offensive GK+ 99 covering: Nothing noticeable

I have yet to test these 3 combined, although I suspect the result will be the same.

Hi. Interesting work. Def prowess is the stat for Libero gks. you need to also upgrade ball winning or he'll run forward like a headless chicken. Att prowess will make your gk move forward more in possession phases, and support better the plays from the back with better movement. Try this plus offensive gk card, then without just to see. Covering is unrelated, it's strength of the hands (ability to deflect balls)

Also if you're trying to get a result with offensive positioning for any role, position, i suggest giving a high attprowess during the testing phase. You'll notice trends better.

@sanji @kilay

Test for Libero style GK's:

1. Offensive Goalkeeper+Def prowess 99+Ball Winning 99 - NO noticeable differences.
2. Goalkeeper (No playing style)+Def prowess 99+Ball Winning 99 - NO noticeable differences.

@sanji @kilay

Test for Libero style GK's:

1. Offensive Goalkeeper+Def prowess 99+Ball Winning 99 - NO noticeable differences.
2. Goalkeeper (No playing style)+Def prowess 99+Ball Winning 99 - NO noticeable differences.

Ok so off goalkeeper doesn't change a thing. But do you see no difference betwenn 40 bw 40 def pro and 99 for each? That's not normal. The effects were noticeable in my game even with a smaller gap. The gk will move forward more. Did you have 1vs1 situation, or situations where gk moves forward? Those happen more with high def prowess/ball winning. Look at Neuer, Ederson or Lopes Konami ratings. There is a trend.

Back
Top Bottom