PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

:CURSE: Not looking good. have you let them aware of this ?

i admit my mate let me shoot, some say if you have space to shoot and you are with a superstar then its no excuse not to be a goal. whoever i think differently...according to this thought every shot should be goal when you have space and you are with a top player? nah

forwarded this to officialpes and they saw my tweet, hope they'll see the video too as reference

I think some people need to calm down a bit.

PES 5 and 6 are still regarded as the jewels in the series' crown, and rightly so. However, those titles also had many of the "issues" that we are now facing. Keepers on the line, skating, caged nets, cheap goals, overpowered R2, lack of fouls, dodgy ref calls, ping-pong physics. All present in the flagship earlier games. Most of these things happen in real football too.

Stop looking for perfection and ask yourself if you enjoy playing it. If you do, play it.

PES 5 and 6 are still regarded as the jewels in the series' crown, and rightly so. However, those titles also had many of the "issues" that we are now facing. Keepers on the line, skating, caged nets, cheap goals, overpowered R2, lack of fouls, dodgy ref calls, ping-pong physics. All present in the flagship earlier games. Most of these things happen in real football too.

Stop looking for perfection and ask yourself if you enjoy playing it. If you do, play it.

I've only played one game on PS3 so far and first impressions are good. I agree with what you say regarding PES5 and 6 apart from the ping pong physics and lack of fouls. They were not an issue in PES5.

Hopefully they will sort out the fouls in this one though I very much doubt it.

2. The fucking keepers :)
- I cannot believe, that since PES 2015 demo, they haven't corrected the keepers staying on the line bug, making an unnecessary jumping animation and letting in the goal. see the 2 videos attached, one on professional, one on superstar (I moved away defenders to let the attacker freely go close on the short video).

HOW ON EARTH THEY CAN OVERLOOK SUCH OBVIOUS SHORT-COMING 2 years in a row!!!

I fed this back 1000 time via official survey, here and everywhere, but
seems to me, that KONAMI is happy with this behavior, unfortunately, it kills the scoring feeling..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAbG3VZiwgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7a_ACjvc0

Here is another example.

Keepers are still big problem for close range, low power shots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njddGtxEfMA

Scoring or receiving such goals feel so cheap..

Honestly, I don't really know where the problem is. You're in control of that keeper and you didn't make him rush out, what did you expect?

Exactly what I was thinking. The 'perfect video game' doesn't exist and never will.

I think some of the time we all look for faults rather than enjoying a very good game.

This is something else in my opinion and gets better with every play!

Honestly, I don't really know where the problem is. You're in control of that keeper and you didn't make him rush out, what did you expect?
Look the defenders... :OOOH:
PES was difficult to FIFA fans, and since Konami clearly aimed at them as market , they makes the game a half-wit, it's all about money;) not because of sport.

Last edited:
A very polished PES 2015, that's what this 2016 demo is for me. I like it. Smoother and more responsive it looks faster but I think it's not, it's juts much more alive. The could have changed the UI so it looked like a new game not just a patch to PES2015.

In PS3 there are some sutil graphic improvements: antialiasing and crowd are better. PS4 looks better from the videos I've watched but not enough to make the change for me.

Look the defenders... :OOOH:
PES was difficult to FIFA fans, and since Konami clearly aimed at them as market , they makes the game a half-wit, it's all about money;) not because of sport.

He controlled the defenders and removed them out of the way.. He's talking about the keepers. Any keeper in the world left in that situation is an open invitation for an easy goal.

Lami come-on.

The AI does the same. The last goal was scored by me and the AI didn't brought the keeper out.

I know, it's only problem for (mostly) offline players like me.

Lami come-on.

The AI does the same. The last goal was scored by me and the AI didn't brought the keeper out.

I know, it's only problem for (mostly) offline players like me.

Oh. I am an offline player as well. If the CPU keeper stays in that situation then yes it's bad. But being in a 1-1 situation IRL is a very difficult one. Also not all keepers are super keepers. I do agree that they should come out for such situations to cover the goal and make the attacker not see much of the goal. It's just keeper 101. I think the prob started happening since the PES dept made some keepers offensive while others aren't. So while the offensive ones will come at you quick, the non offensive ones will just sit back and sadly allow a goal in.

Oh. I am an offline player as well. If the CPU keeper stays in that situation then yes it's bad. But being in a 1-1 situation IRL is a very difficult one. Also not all keepers are super keepers. I do agree that they should come out for such situations to cover the goal and make the attacker not see much of the goal. It's just keeper 101. I think the prob started happening since the PES dept made some keepers offensive while others aren't. So while the offensive ones will come at you quick, the non offensive ones will just sit back and sadly allow a goal in.

This is my opinion and klashman's as well. Keeper ID should be responsible for that.

My problem is not conceding a goal in such situations, or scoring, but the keeper at least should give us an impression, that he tried to do his best..

Strange enough it's not always happening with the same keeper. Sometimes explosive rush out, in other situation stuck to the line, making the stupid pre-dive minijump and dives too late.

Anyway try to enjoy other aspects, as I mentioned.

Had a nice cut-scene, when I was down a goal and the opponent made a substitution in the late minutes and one of my player's "helped" the player to go off the pitch :)

Bayrern vs Roma

Superstar
Manal passing
Manual shooting
-1 speed

www.youtube.com\watch?v=fDBwsSs334o

Im loving the game despite the clear lack of fouls wich is a major problem.For me its been really challenging and I feel like Im getting better and better. Every game does feel different, specially when you play with different teams that clearly have different tatics, strategies and advantages.

This is the first time that Im using advanced (manual ?) shooting and Im liking a lot since its challenging and theres more variation in shootings, not e every shoot while sprinting is a guarantee dangerous in a way that forces the keeper to make a save, you can hit som strong low shooting wich is nice. I have to use R2 more tho.

Does anyone have a download link for the Xbox 360 demo I'm not a gold member of an alternative would link you cool?

initial impressions (ps4):

pros
- pace
- color / lighting
- unpredictability - old PES feeling kikcs in
- ball is more free / improved ball physics
- fixed stamina
- new context dependent animations / cut scenes
- better / more varied AI.
- collision system

cons
- referees - lot's of fouls not given, fouls which should be red / yellow not well judged, way too many advantage played (should only in case of real opportunity), if diving is not successful, yellow is always given
- keepers stuck to their lines, close range scoring is not rewarding, slo-mo diving

Back
Top Bottom