PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I'm playing on Ps3 and have no problems with the game speed or ping pong passing . . I think the defending is excellent if you can outwit the opposition forwards. The only time I encounter ping pong is in the opposition defence when they are winning and trying to hang on to a lead which is very frustrating.

I use to get good insights on PES years ago but since probably 2 years KONAMI Completely pulled the plug towards me and I get zero, Seems like the FIFA Youtubers are the only important ones

It's a damn shame spooky they probably figure they have your support so why bother. Trying to grow their base but it's wrong neglecting the old faithful

Played some matches. What i can say its Best football game i ever played, so responsible feels like pes 2013. Ok need go play more games :) Fun and enjoy is back

Must have played about 15-20 matches of the demo now and I'm really enjoying it. Played two matches of Juventus v Roma, then switched to FIFA 15 and it really made me appreciate how much I prefer the weight and pace of PES. FIFA really felt like ice skating and even on Slow it felt like a whirlwind. FIFA 16 will have to do an awful lot to be better than PES 2016.

With that said, PES certainly isn't perfect. Konami still don't seem to get fouls and the stutter when you get tackled can be infuriating. It's honestly like Konami hasn't learn from their past mistakes. Keepers can be very hit and miss, and the AI can be AWFUL at times where players will just stand there and ignore a loose ball. The jostling for balls can be hit and miss too, sometimes it feels great but sometimes FIFA just does it better.

I'm not one for nets and faces etc, I spend the vast majority of the game watching tiny figures so I don't get to see faces etc that often anyway. But when there's cutscenes showing the ground and you see things like sponsor boards, the graphics look like they've been lifted from a PlayStation 2. The PS4 and Xbox One have more than enough power to have decent resolution graphics around the stadium, if only for cutscenes. But looking at blocky images really ruins the immersion.

But this is the demo and we know some things will change for the full game so we'll see. At the moment, I'm really excited for PES.

That goalkeeper scoring video is a bug, surely, rather than anything else.

It's as if the AI doesn't see the goalkeeper as an opposition player, more like a referee. There's no dribbling involved, there's no hint of closing down, they just part like the red sea.

It's a bug, surely, and you'd hope that they'll fix that in a day one patch (if enough people tell them about it)! Otherwise, yeah, that'll become the most hammered exploit of all-time!

Last year Pes 2015 demo was exactly the same. You could easily score with a goalkeeper, pace was higher than full game, more fast pace game.

This is because in Exhibition mode you can easily sprint with players because it's like CPU is relaxing, defending like in that video

This is Pes 2015 demo on Ps4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeVzBEB1fFA

You could never do that on full game in Competitions like Master league, Cup, or online

Played a good few games of this years demo on PS4 after not having owned a PES or FIFA since PES2013 on PS3.

I loved last years demo and played it a lot but never got the full game because of no option file editing etc.

This years game seems like only a slight improvement if my memory serves of how PES 2015 demo felt ... I still have the demo and will fire it up soon to compare to 2016.

In my mind it is far too fast on '0' default speed. If not in attack then certainly in basic movements and in mirroring the pace and flow of a real game especially when NOT in possession of the ball.

Tonight I was shadowing/covering a player when out of possession with Pirlo and the ONLY thing I was doing was using the left stick with NO other buttons held and looking at his legs and feet shuffling and skating he looked like he was auditioning for Riverdance. Players just moving too fast and frantically like they are sped up compared to how a player actually moves when out of possession and covering space or a player in real life.

I see some other members have commented on how they thought that previous games in the series were going in a better direction, the sort of one that we should be heading with this series on these consoles in the year 2015.

When I read such statements it makes me think of PES 2013 and the trailer below ... The potential and freedom that game had with its modifiers and combinations you could combine with the manual button was insane and the options at your finger tips.

Am I right in thinking all the nuances and controls in this trailer have not been in any PES since 2014 onwards ? If so that's criminal.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzdzRar1oO4

I don't think the direction the series is heading is the right one with fast PS2 era remake as its core ambition. The current state of Football games both FIFA and PES is depressing to me personally, they should both be FAR more advanced and have fixed so many of the issues that have plagued both series' for years now, Other genres have changed and advanced their feel, audio, animations and gameplay massively but our beloved Football genre stagnates year after year it seems.

Its soul destroying to see when you know that things could be so much better and these games were once the bread and butter of our yearly gaming time.

If I watch a skill moves tutorial for PES 2015 will it apply to 2016? There are situations that I find myself in where a single stepover can get me out of it, but I have no idea what to do. It isn't nearly as intuitive to do them as it is in FIFA. The only ones I could do that are also intuitive are the skills players do when they control the ball.

Played a good few games of this years demo on PS4 after not having owned a PES or FIFA since PES2013 on PS3.

I loved last years demo and played it a lot but never got the full game because of no option file editing etc.

This years game seems like only a slight improvement if my memory serves of how PES 2015 demo felt ... I still have the demo and will fire it up soon to compare to 2016.

In my mind it is far too fast on '0' default speed. If not in attack then certainly in basic movements and in mirroring the pace and flow of a real game especially when NOT in possession of the ball.

Tonight I was shadowing/covering a player when out of possession with Pirlo and the ONLY thing I was doing was using the left stick with NO other buttons held and looking at his legs and feet shuffling and skating he looked like he was auditioning for Riverdance. Players just moving too fast and frantically like they are sped up compared to how a player actually moves when out of possession and covering space or a player in real life.

I see some other members have commented on how they thought that previous games in the series were going in a better direction, the sort of one that we should be heading with this series on these consoles in the year 2015.

When I read such statements it makes me think of PES 2013 and the trailer below ... The potential and freedom that game had with its modifiers and combinations you could combine with the manual button was insane and the options at your finger tips.

Am I right in thinking all the nuances and controls in this trailer have not been in any PES since 2014 onwards ? If so that's criminal.

I don't think the direction the series is heading is the right one with fast PS2 era remake as its core ambition. The current state of Football games both FIFA and PES is depressing to me personally, they should both be FAR more advanced and have fixed so many of the issues that have plagued both series' for years now, Other genres have changed and advanced their feel, audio, animations and gameplay massively but our beloved Football genre stagnates year after year it seems.

Its soul destroying to see when you know that things could be so much better and these games were once the bread and butter of our yearly gaming time.

:THINK:...i hear you bro but sometimes we need to let the past go. Classic PES will always be a what is was. Playing PES2016 with classic PES in mind doesn't do it justice i think.

:TU::YES::SMUG:

I love the fact you can do this. I was Bayern, high pressure/slow possesion style of play, worked perfectly. Top Player.
CMX30ZIWwAASkeH.jpg

Was planning to play a couple of games last night then watch a movie...3 hours later and I was still playing.

I won a couple of free kicks and conceded a couple but they do need to tidy up what gets called a foul and what doesn't. Loved hearing the little scream from players when they get fouled and also loved how I made a slide tackle and it just clipped his ankle, conceding a foul. In FIFA, they just let the attacking player ghost through it!!

Felt really good to play and love the dribbling! Well just moving the left stick around gets you into so many different positions. Sometimes out of a tight spot and sometimes into a jostle with the opposition. Feels brilliant in that regard and is the reason why FIFA irritates me when you play both. Every touch on FIFA seems so exaggerated and when you use the pace modifier it makes them tippy toe around. PES seems to nail those in between subtleties just with the left stick.

Felt like pressing the shoot button (or the clear button) for a defender needed to be well timed or else you'd lunge and missand sometimes fall over. Powering up fully as the ball is in the air often won me the header but doing it too early meant the guy leapt for nothing. Great stuff.

I saved two videos on the Xbox - not goals but a great save and a great volley that just missed.

http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/37b11179-4f69-4a57-a13a-2e1fc49ec3a0
http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/571dc856-ea93-422b-8fd0-78c984f803cd

Rushing the keeper saw him get chipped twice but if you rush him for half
a second and back off he can block the shot without needing to fully commit. Tried a couple of camera angles (first one was custom 8-2-5 and the second was 4-0-7 from memory). Preferred the second as it had a nice open goalface like broadcast cam and got me a little closer to the action.

slightly off-topic but I never knew that xboxclips site existed

very cool

Keeper Goal: https://vimeo.com/136305347

sorry about the quality, best i can do

it's on ps3, superstar and manual shooting

just tried it on PS3, Neuer got attacked and tackled every time right away. its a BS:COP:

@Spooky1611 is my main twitter, I Don't tweet to much.. Sometimes in dutch though. @SpookyEN is my english twitter but I hardly use it.

damn mate didnt you make the first unofficial online transfer update to PES 6 back then? damns time flies ... :) never said thank you

just tried it on PS3, Neuer got attacked and tackled every time right away. its a BS:COP:

damn mate didnt you make the first unofficial online transfer update to PES 6 back then? damns time flies ... :) never said thank you

Yep I did mate! Spent hours and hours every day making them in 2007! Saw the topic on Evo-web a few weeks ago, more then 100k visitors. good old times!

And it was my pleasure :D Better late then never!

The keepy uppies i mean

This is rather simple, simply hold R3 for a while. and dribble wherever you wanna go. Most effective when a receiver of a pass gets the ball. to flick it up. Weedens made a video about it today by the way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVfkdz8gdGQ

After playing well over 50 games now, this game is awesome, but good to point out the negatives I'v experienced to hopefully get rectified come release to improve the experience..here goes

- pass speed can be very quick at times even on manual, so I can understand the pinball comments when on assisted. Needs to be toned down
- disappointed with several stats missing from the game, elusiveness and vision were two I used to look at a lot when trying to buy players in master league, typical konami.
- CPU has a tendency to score a lot from lobbed through balls connecting with a header resulting in a goal, happens a lot,
- fast players like evra for example, I find too overpowering, once you get the hang of the game, you can go from one end to the other very easily, top speed and acceleration needs to be toned down a lot, or else online is gonna be all about fast and strong players again, goes against what they were saying that players like pirlo and iniesta type players will be just as important, at the moment I don't see that, can be easily fixed.
-midfield battles are intermittent, need to tinker with tactics a lot, also noticed when a defender gets the ball, there are channels exposed in the middle of the park, allowing the defender to run through the the midfield with ease, needs to be fixed.

Despite the flaws this could be a fun game to start a masterleague old school with the default squad and build it up you will really notice when u can get quality into the team

These have been gone for years mate :( The one I miss most is the shot technique stat. It uniquely differentiated certain players who had a high stat from others and could shoot accurately at goal from the most difficult situations and angles. That made a big difference to the striker I picked.

Shot technique has definitely been gone for years (as stat I really miss) but dribble speed was in the game last year, I'm almost positive... there was a whole extra page of stats - I need to go boot up 2014 and take a screenshot so I can compare what's actually missing.

Also, after playing some more games, I'm seeing way too accurate passing from the lower teams (ie Corinthians) vs. the better teams. I would really like to see some more error and variance in passing... passes rarely if ever completely miss the mark, and they should .

Back
Top Bottom