PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

This is a simple way to sum it up, yet pretty much on-the-ball.

It's definitely true that PES has been a series for people who would like to 'create' their own footballing experience. I think that many might have the wrong expectations of the series, and have probably fallen out of love with its ethos because of a general change in their own mentality - rather than say any significant series shift. I know that I could probably level that kind of criticism at myself.

Still, I am somewhat shocked that the more creative of the two series' has, so far, not put in the feature that has arguably been the biggest thing to happen in sports-games this past generation: sliders. Even though I think that Fifa is pretty poor game out of the box, it is made all the better because you can change it into something you think resembles football. PES 2015 would do very well to try to adopt a similar creative principle. I really do hope it's the first thing they announce.

At this point, it's probably going to be easier to accept that PES is going to be flawed again in some major way. It just will; it's as inevitable as some member of your family you don't like coming to visit you over Christmas. I just don't think the development team are capable of making the free-flowing type of experience that Fifa exhibits. Of course, that doesn't excuse the game, but neither does it mean it should be pushed to the pits of oblivion. What we will hopefully end up with is some kid of flawed gem, and like Klash says, you should be prepared to personally polish it to get the mud off (or something like that).

I wouldn't mind sliders but they have to be implemented a lot better han they are in FIFA.

FIFA sliders are poor overall for me this year because no setting frees the game it, everything is on exreme dimension to another. This is after doing some tests this year. I spoke with matt10 on this.

He's getting some joy from it however.

I want sliders to open and manipulate the overall freedom within the game, I don't want a shift from one script to another.

Continuing the worrying trend since 2008. This year however has seen the biggest single slump in PES sales history. Down almost 2,000,000 on PES/WE 13.

Almost 2 million people in one year, if that trend was to continue then PES would fail to exist within two years.

PES 14 has been nothing short of a disaster for an already ailing franchise and it seems to have been a step too far for many customers.

It could be argued that these sales figures will simply lead to less investment and less budgets by Konami - the very same cut backs that are already evident in PES 14 (lack of weather, stadiums, transfers, updates, huge gameplay issues).

These figures also don't consider people (like me) who bought PES 14 without knowing what horrors awaited, the fact is customers are now going to be even more dubious about buying PES 15 - and for good reasons.

The end is nigh it seems. Today Konami announced that the PES Facebook app is to close. It seems the lack of sales has hit home and a cost cutting exercise has begun.

Is PES dying?

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-year-on-year-sales-down-by-1-8-million-units/

Cost cutting in place?

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-football-association-app-close-april-7th/

Maybe not that drastic view from my point of view, but this is starting to look worrying. What is the license for UEFA like on KONAMI part? Is it full license or just partial? I hear EA is willing to put in money for Champs League/Europe League and Copa Libertadores, so that puts Adam words about KONAMI having the license for those for many years to come a bit ferfetched statement. KONAMI can't even utilise those licenses and needs to use fake teams in CL. Ridiculous to be fair.

Hopefully they will wake up soon. It's time they NEED to wake up and do something great.

Last edited:

Given for granted we should get worried about other numbers which means "collapsing imminent", surely Konami is going to cut like every activity on earth.
We are slowly going to come to one producer in football videogames and you know what it means.
The "rage" comes up to my mind, if this way is acceptable in making this statement, because konami is the only which could give us a feeling of virtual football out of jazz-set cancan.
As we said above some post, it's a fact of mentality which has to change, but I fear they can't.

Given for granted we should get worried about other numbers which means "collapsing imminent", surely Konami is going to cut like every activity on earth.
We are slowly going to come to one producer in football videogames and you know what it means.
The "rage" comes up to my mind, if this way is acceptable in making this statement, because konami is the only which could give us a feeling of virtual football out of jazz-set cancan.
As we said above some post, it's a fact of mentality which has to change, but I fear they can't.

Exactly.

It will not come to this. The decline in sales will make it hard for KONAMI to get licenses, take risk and to allot of stuff EA is doing, but it's not the end.

Even if the sales are low they can still make money out of the game. KONAMI has allot of money in the bank. I don't have the link, but they make allot of money with apps and other kind of stuff.

Many people who play football games are not only children. there is still a big market out there who want a tactical football game. If KONAMI can deliver then they have nothing to worry about.

And it might help if people stop havng these high expectations about licenses and what not. You can't have it all, all we want is a philosphy put in a game that shows when you are playing the game (remember the ps2 days, few people, creating a awesome game). Just like how EA puts their philosphy, again love it or hate it, in FIFA.

But KONAMI has to be aware that in 2014 things like animations, mechanics and commentary are part of the standards, the basics. the fact that they are struggling on these matters shows that something is really wrong inside of KONAMI. PES2015 will show if they have done something about it.

That is a picture, not a game screenshot

That is a picture, not a game screenshot

Oh man, my bad, i mistook. I meant this could be one of the stadiums in next PES. Konami Brazil confirm PES 2015 for E3
https://twitter.com/KonamiBRA/status/474920121421398016.
It seems as last year the usual bits and pieces here and there as a happy hour at 19CET. At this point, the attention of gamers worldwide will fall on the title by Konami as the eye of a marksman on target. Good luck guys.

There's a countdown by KONAMI, just saying. http://events.konami.com/

My head hurts..
To many sponsors, marks, clock watches... so many promisses...

20130422162353!Explosion.gif

Boom! Let's see what they bring to E3.

Last edited:

funny(sarcasm)
some people spam this thread too much.. go and play some real football and then come back when there is real things to talk about regards pes2015.

Funny parts deserve to be welcome too...
Here is a rumour.

http://winningelevenblog.es/blog/ru...mor-nueva-version-de-pes-2014-para-el-mundial

If this is true, i'm going to kill konami...
They are announce the newest DLC World Challenge only on Europe to be in the stores including PES 2014.
But i don´t know if this became to PC as well.
Release date 13 June and it costs 39.90 Euros.

Last edited:

I can assure you with that price it won't be on PC. Ridiculous if someone will buy it too.

Does anyone remember when EA released UCL version aside? Here konami releases WC version..My God, this 2015 starts well.
I really cant imagine what other fucking fantastic things will go on. Maybe this here we will find paying DLCs for faces..

I come from wenb where someone upload oldgen fifa screens. This is just to smile some time, not any flaming intention, too.
You can see how they scan any minimun detail, proving the line of defenders in Anfield screenshot, is completely wrong, where they're looking to, how much space the striker has to pass or taking the shoot; and the screen is captured by the second ring of the stadium on which they realize graphic is nothing new from lastgen..:FAIL:

I come from wenb where someone upload oldgen fifa screens. This is just to smile some time, not any flaming intention, too.
You can see how they scan any minimun detail, proving the line of defenders in Anfield screenshot, is completely wrong, where they're looking to, how much space the striker has to pass or taking the shoot; and the screen is captured by the second ring of the stadium on which they realize graphic is nothing new from lastgen..:FAIL:

Those are NG shots and frankly underwhelming.

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21646&start=280

The post is the one of K1NG. In the right down corner I read x360 if you put it as screensaver. From Anfield screenshot, it's just baby cry to state al those things about defense line. Anyway for me it's enough, I really don't wish someone come here to say "it's the PES threadm, stay on topic, please".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom