PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Really? Random fullback developing Messi dribbling skills in dying minutes of a match ... never happened in PES 6, right?

Happens in real life too. Imagine if the big teams always crushed the smaller teams, week in week out. How unrealistic would that be!?

This is why i said before the older tactical settings where better and deeper, everything was based on sliders so you had a range of 0-20 to select on how wide or narrow your team would play, now it's too extreme.

Completely agree and that was evident from the demo too

What would you expect when it releases so close to the likes of GTA, FarCry, LittleBigPlanet, Smash Bros, Dragon Age etc. Crazy of Konami to release it at this time as people only have so much to spend on video games usually.

and dont forget the majority who want a footy game would of already have bought FIFA..i thought it was a tactical move by konami but playing it more and more it obviously wasn't ready for release and im not convinced it is now..needs a patch

The more I play this game the more Im getting annoyed.

Played 5 CL games as City tonight Vs Bayern, Roma x 2 and 2 games v a Russian team. How many crosses did I have to defend? Zero.
Its all through the middle and my defenders turn to idiots allowing so much space and get done with the ball behind every time.
I must have conceded the same goal about 5 times over the 5 games and even though I know its coming I can do nothing about it as my defenders allow people to pass through them.

I cant find a camera setting I like either. I use custom with hight and zoom maxed out but its still not enough. I like the blimp camera but would love to zoom in a bit as thats a bit too far out.

So, for the first time ever I decide to play a PES game online as I think the AI needs a patch and guess what? Cant get a game. Cant connect me. After 30 mins of that bullshit and I just turn it off.

This game needs some serious work done to it. I preferred the demo. The teams in the demo play better than they do in the full game. I never conceded the same goals and there was more variety in the AIs play.

Rant over

The more I play this game the more Im getting annoyed.

Played 5 CL games as City tonight Vs Bayern, Roma x 2 and 2 games v a Russian team. How many crosses did I have to defend? Zero.
Its all through the middle and my defenders turn to idiots allowing so much space and get done with the ball behind every time.
I must have conceded the same goal about 5 times over the 5 games and even though I know its coming I can do nothing about it as my defenders allow people to pass through them.

I cant find a camera setting I like either. I use custom with hight and zoom maxed out but its still not enough. I like the blimp camera but would love to zoom in a bit as thats a bit too far out.

So, for the first time ever I decide to play a PES game online as I think the AI needs a patch and guess what? Cant get a game. Cant connect me. After 30 mins of that bullshit and I just turn it off.

This game needs some serious work done to it. I preferred the demo. The teams in the demo play better than they do in the full game. I never conceded the same goals and there was more variety in the AIs play.

Rant over

yes. game has some serious potential, but how the hell they didn't get the issues during testing.

In my first 5 games or so I was able to see the most glaring issues:
- stamina depletion (much worse, than demo, not realistic)
- AI does not foul, does not cross (some teams cross, and some teams do fouls but not enough, not realistic)
- keepers dumb and slow at inside box shots, not coming to close down angles
- advantage badly implemented
etc. etc.

but sometimes it gives you great feeling.
this goals look semi-drunk like real games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suxoz9Xx4iU

If only Konami would have real community interaction and they would solve most of the issues this could be a serious cracker..

Finally getting to grips with manual settings.

I found the best thing to do for me was to set shooting to manual, pass support to zero and then play on a difficulty one level lower than normal with a speed of -1. This gave me a chance to learn how much power and stick to use for passes and shots without getting trounced by the opposition.

I played random exhibition matches to keep things interesting and set my team to red arrows and the opposition to green. Again, this gave me a chance to think about what I'm doing without having to rely too much on muscle memory and reflexes while still getting a feel for things.

The result has been great. Games are so much more tactical now, and the degree of error introduced by the manual settings means the games more closely resemble real life matches. The AI also seems to play differently too. It seems to take a more measured approach and there seems to be more variety in the animations too.

Build up play is great fun and scoring a goal feels like a real achievement.

Really enjoying this game right now, and it's even managed to pull me away from CoD AW for quite a while, which is no mean achievement!

Best PES in years.

This is why i said before the older tactical settings where better and deeper, everything was based on sliders so you had a range of 0-20 to select on how wide or narrow your team would play, now it's too extreme.

Just to let you know Klash we still have some sliders hidden under the tactical settings. Have you checked them out?

Great goal, Lami. It must be so satisfying to score a goal like that on full manual! :TU:

Thanks guys :D Yes extremely satisfying and with a Serie B team like Modena, even though I lost heavily :P

I found the best thing to do for me was to set shooting to manual, pass support to zero and then play on a difficulty one level lower than normal with a speed of -1. This gave me a chance to learn how much power and stick to use for passes and shots without getting trounced by the opposition.

I played random exhibition matches to keep things interesting and set my team to red arrows and the opposition to green. Again, this gave me a chance to think about what I'm doing without having to rely too much on muscle memory and reflexes while still getting a feel for things.

The result has been great. Games are so much more tactical now, and the degree of error introduced by the manual settings means the games more closely resemble real life matches. The AI also seems to play differently too. It seems to take a more measured approach and there seems to be more variety in the animations too.

Really enjoying this game right now, and it's even managed to pull me away from CoD AW for quite a while, which is no mean achievement!

Best PES in years.

:TU:

Loving the game so far but the stamina system is ruining it for me. Tried not running or pressing but you always get the same result, players done in at 30 minutes then a wee respite at half time then running on empty about 60 minutes. What use are 3 subs when you have 10 outfield players with no stamina. I'm 15 games into my master league with the crap players and I'm seriously thinking of quitting it and just starting again with a good team.

The game is simply majestic in everyway and is the closest thing I've played that resembles the real thing. I can't get over how satisfying everything feels on manual. Back for more.
And finally, we have a pes game with good animations.

Last edited:
finally figured out manual shooting - you have to release the left stick before the ball is hit, this way it stays at the angle you are pointing - headers are same you have to press direction and power and release just before the ball is in range - different to fifa which is why my shots were going wildly wide. Just had a 0-0 (how exciting) but i must of had 8 shots which the keeper needed to save well and a diving header just wide.. Volleys are also the same for anyone struggling like i was on manual. I only had 2 games so it my be a placebo but the ai seemed to play slightly differently too im presuming it may be because i was shooting on target alot more - they had a few shots themselves from outside the box rather than playing to feet inside the box tun and shoot....needs more playtime

finally figured out manual shooting - you have to release the left stick before the ball is hit, this way it stays at the angle you are pointing - headers are same you have to press direction and power and release just before the ball is in range - different to fifa which is why my shots were going wildly wide...

Thanks for this.

Must admit, I thought that the shot direction locked straight after the power button press anyway, irrespective of the subsequent left stick position.

Gonna go away now and give this a try. :COOL:

Last edited:
Ok so this morning I was playing a European Championship with Portugal. Against Serbia, I was dominationg, getting close to their box etc, and then they had their chance. Low cross into a well marked player, but he still scores. I felt a bit cheated and mainly upset because of the low cross issue. I started thinking that people here might be right about CPU only low crossing. Its quite annoying. then came 2nd half, and in two consecutive attacks, Serbia makes two high crosses, but Pepe and Bruno Alves are kings in the skies, just like real life. Thing is ball got free in front of my box and some player (have to check is name again later) hits it first time, great curve over the keeper and hits the top wood before going in. I was like :BLINK: with such a great goal from CPU.

I´ll try to upload it later. Real organic goal and I was plying only on professional level! Thinking I had a chance! I didn´t win a single game in that group. I even raised to 2 bars pass assist, basic through ball and I´m still struggling! Damn!

I wish some players speed were more clear, everybody looks to run at same speed and sometimes that´s not fair. By now my games are played just with passing around, I can´t find ways to ilude CPU on one on ones... just can´t drible past them. It could be frustrating by now, but the animations on passing, shooting, heading, they are just amazing! And the ball speed, I think its the best I´ve ever seen.

About stamina, I really don´t see much of a problem here, because it clearly behaves diferent from other year´s editions.
To me, it looks like even with stamina totally depleted, players still run and still play, not top form of course but they still can manage to do things over the pitch. Also, I´ve noticed that CPU also deplets stamina on the most advanced players, so to me not really an issue.

Tactics wise, also strugling to understand them. There seems to be two places to edit tactics so wich one should I actually use? I think options are "edit tactics" and "preset tactics", sorry if I´m wrong, but wich one actually goes on when starting the match?

About stamina, I really don´t see much of a problem here, because it clearly behaves diferent from other year´s editions.
To me, it looks like even with stamina totally depleted, players still run and still play, not top form of course but they still can manage to do things over the pitch. Also, I´ve noticed that CPU also deplets stamina on the most advanced players, so to me not really an issue.
Yes, I was thinking something similar. I wonder if we're just trained by now to react to an empty bar with a must-substitute response, when maybe that's not how we're supposed to read it this year.

Tactics wise, also strugling to understand them. There seems to be two places to edit tactics so wich one should I actually use? I think options are "edit tactics" and "preset tactics", sorry if I´m wrong, but wich one actually goes on when starting the match?
Do you mean Preset Tactics and Tactical Options?

Preset Tactics is where you edit your main strategy (also called the 'Offensive' strategy). I believe this is the default strategy with which you start the match.

Tactical Options contains two further optional strategies, labelled Custom and Defensive. You can manually switch to these strategies during the match using up/down on the d-pad.

Then there's the Fluid Formations setting (under Tactical Options). If you toggle this on, then within each strategy you can set different formations for when in possession and when out of possession.

For those of you that pre-ordered PES 2015 from the US PS Store and still haven't received your pre-order bonus, I finally figured out how to claim it. You have go back into the PS Store and collect it under PES 2015 add-ons.

Yes, I was thinking something similar. I wonder if we're just trained by now to react to an empty bar with a must-substitute response, when maybe that's not how we're supposed to read it this year.

Do you mean Preset Tactics and Tactical Options?

Preset Tactics is where you edit your main strategy (also called the 'Offensive' strategy). I believe this is the default strategy with which you start the match.

Tactical Options contains two further optional strategies, labelled Custom and Defensive. You can manually switch to these strategies during the match using up/down on the d-pad.

Then there's the Fluid Formations setting (under Tactical Options). If you toggle this on, then within each strategy you can set different formations for when in possession and when out of possession.

Ahh that´s exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks! I´m strugling with the game and I feel I must tweak the tactics to start creating my chances. It seems interesting, this way looks like we can have a handfull of options for a single match and use them on the fly! Damn this thing is going to get deep!

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2015_20141122131830

manual shooting figured out - initial strike hits the post. scored a couple outside the area now.sorry for the poor ps4 editing i didnt know what i was doing :)..won my firdt game on all manual superstar 2-1 doing ita leauge..lost next one 4-0 in champs league against bri leuv ..couldnt handle the long balls

Last edited by a moderator:
The game is simply majestic in everyway and is the closest thing I've played that resembles the real thing. I can't get over how satisfying everything feels on manual. Back for more.
And finally, we have a pes game with good animations.

Agree. This game on manual and offline is amazing. If they can add more camera options it will be great. I finally settled with field side camera (zoomed out). Wonder what is the most common camera angels people use around here

Does anyone know if there is a particular reason why the camera isn't adjustable during online matches? I want it more zoomed out!

Agree. This game on manual and offline is amazing. If they can add more camera options it will be great. I finally settled with field side camera (zoomed out). Wonder what is the most common camera angels people use around here

i always like fifa's dynamic camera, not everyones taste but i have it custom zoom 8 height 4 angle 9..its similar to the dynamic v2 that EA dont use anymore

anyone knows how to create a costume tournament, where 5-6 friends can play against each other offline. No Com, just us playing like in a league. Can´t seem to find it, where it´s online us, without the com. will be a huge help if anyone knows :)

anyone knows how to create a costume tournament, where 5-6 friends can play against each other offline. No Com, just us playing like in a league. Can´t seem to find it, where it´s online us, without the com. will be a huge help if anyone knows :)

What kind of costumes do you want to play in? I think holding down R2 while the game loads unlocks the Batman kit. Unless of course you mean you and your mates wearing costumes, in which case you can do that with any game.

Does anyone know if there is a particular reason why the camera isn't adjustable during online matches? I want it more zoomed out!

I agree. I feel the same. With the current camera options I keep having to look at the map. I like it zoomed out more so I could see more of the field. It really makes the game feel different zoomed out too. Any news on if this will be added ?

Best PES in years.

I don't want to open manual vs assisted debate but I increasingly see posts around many forums about how converting to manual play provides a different experience to the game. I think many people don't give time to learn the best way to play this game. You hear things like game is too easy! how about pumping difficulty and play with less assisted controls? Passing is broken, not sure why not rely less on assisted controls and take more control of where the pass goes, as opposed to letting the system determines that for you. I also hear some say shooting is too easy and you can score from any where, how about trying manual shooting? things like the shot/passes are over- powered, well, that's because we load up the power gauge while we don't exercise proper control over the time we hold down the shooting or passing buttons. The game has a lot to offer but I think the less dependence on assisted control the more control you have over the game and more challenging the experience is. I agree,think the best way to play this game is on manual. That being said, I do agree with some of the issues that need to be addressed. I just hope that the next patch wouldn't ruin the gameplay which I think one of the best I have never seen in a football game.

Back
Top Bottom