PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

On the subject of fake second division teams and a lack of authenticity being lost by not having correct stadiums, I still maintain that the worst thing Konami did was to try to build an air of realism in the game's league and master league modes.

It all came as a result of them getting the Champions League and Europa League license in PES 2009. Over the subsequent years, they attempted to make it appear like a real European style league system to mirror qualification for the European competitions from major European leagues. You can see their logic on it but given that it manages to lack any real authenticity it feels completely half-arsed, especially when you have real leagues sitting alongside completely made up ones. It sat so much easier when Master League was built up generically from 3 or 4 full leagues (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Primera Liga) with the option of making it a fantasy league structure if you so wanted. This worked better because PES could never offer the full-package and not pretending to made you approach it in another way. Since then they've done the same thing with South America owing the the Copa Libertadores licenses.

The way they've structured promotion/relegation of second divisions is a shame. They're made up of fake teams which suddenly come into a real league and the problem is that it just seems odd as the game strives for authenticity. Remember before, you could choose your own selection of real teams that you wanted in Division 2? It meant teams with real players who could transfer to and from other teams and gave a less jarring vibe. I suppose that it also compounds the issue when the game clings to this notion of realistic league structures while simultaneously making most of the real teams play in generic stadiums over the course of the season. Stadiums isn't something I care much about personally but I can totally see why people would turn around and ask what's up with that.

This is all separate from the gameplay of course, which is pretty good based on the demo.
I've agreed with you about this many times before and I'm going to agree again.

The old 'fantasy' ML worked so much better for PES. Having what was essentially a three division European superleague was much more interesting to me than clumsily trying to recreate real league structures to feed into the Champions League. Obviously the CL licence was a massive coup for Konami and they wanted to make it the integral part of ML, but if they included a separate 'classic' master league mode I would be all over that.

The old 'fantasy' ML worked so much better for PES. Having what was essentially a three division European superleague was much more interesting to me than clumsily trying to recreate real league structures to feed into the Champions League. Obviously the CL licence was a massive coup for Konami and they wanted to make it the integral part of ML, but if they included a separate 'classic' master league mode I would be all over that.

Yeah I feel like a bit of a broken-record on this front but it did seem to work well given the limitations PES is working with.

I felt that I needed to include an edit for my post though as I realised that a lot of people do just add custom files to their games to include real second division teams these days. It does get around some of the problems.

I think myClub should be a good alternative to the old fantasy ML.

Yes that's why it's interesting to me too :)

Can someone shed some light to me please. I am trying to pre-order WE15 instead of PES 15. On Play-Asia they have two WE15 listed. One Japan which is $72 USD then the Asian one which is $59 USD. What is the difference ??

The main difference would be no J League in the Asian version.

Last edited:
I hope your wrong but Im fearing your right. English language and commentary is over 3gb in the game at least. Even if the commentary is Japanese thats fine as long as menus are in English.

Who should I contact about this. ?

Japanese commentary is the best.

Was it PES 13 or 14 that had Demo 1 and Demo 2 releases ? people were happy with Demo 1 then Demo 2 was meh, then the final version was garbage. I've said this number of times they better not screw up final release. Maybe before pre-ordering it wouldbe a good idea to wait and read the reviewa and impressions before we pull the trigger.

It was with PES 2013.
That was a total waste imo and I felt exact the same way.
Loved Demo 1, didn´t like Demo 2 and the full version didn´t give me that much of a long term satisfaction.

There is always hope included between demo and full release.

I think myClub should be a good alternative to the old fantasy ML.

I think so too.
I´m a little disappointed with the ML itself.
At least I hope they put injuries back in.

Japanese commentary is the best.

Shuttooooo!!!

A main issue I still have with PES (and maybe even FIFA as haven't played demo that much)is that it's just too easy to receive the ball and roll forwards. Watched a demo of some guys playing as Valenciennes, and the touch and control was like 22 Messi's on the pitch. Now I suppose this adds to the 'responsive' element that everyone keeps barping on about, but I want the facet of even getting the ball under control to be an art in itself. For this to happen the ball must feel totally independent with things like pressure of opposition marking etc determining if it's easy or not to get the ball under control.

However, this must be applied for the CPU too as well as the human player. This would bring a more tactical element to proceedings with varied tempo. It's probably kind of why the old PES (even though being more restrictive in terms of direction) felt more satisfying in that average players felt bang average, and you simply couldn't just blind pass and turn, you had to get the ball under control first. Shit players felt shit, and you had to clear your lines with some because of the stats restrictions.

Also why PES 2011 felt more sim, some players felt sluggish, with the ball bouncing more away from them than others. Now I appreciate you could retort with 'well play manual passing then', indeed that would add variety (hopefully in passing trajectories), but I'm on about the very aspect of controlling the thing in the first place. The reason why teams go back and across the pitch IRL is to create space and to give the receiver IF passed forwards, a bit more time and space. THEN the touch can be close and accurate as this mirrors real life, ie when there are no platers/pressure your control will become much better. I appreciate though that people will moan about the game feeling 'unresponsive' then will be an issue.

to tell you the truth, i'd rather listen to anything and anyone than English commentary. PES never, ever had even "good" commentary.

Many moons ago, we could choose the commentary language independent of the menu language.

For example, I used to prefer listening to the Spanish commentary instead of the English one.

Didn't have a clue what they were on about, but it created a much better atmosphere.

Sadly, commentary choice is one of the many good things that were taken out over the years.

In the absence of a decent English commentary again this year, it would be nice if they could bring the option back.

A main issue I still have with PES (and maybe even FIFA as haven't played demo that much)is that it's just too easy to receive the ball and roll forwards. Watched a demo of some guys playing as Valenciennes, and the touch and control was like 22 Messi's on the pitch. Now I suppose this adds to the 'responsive' element that everyone keeps barping on about, but I want the facet of even getting the ball under control to be an art in itself. For this to happen the ball must feel totally independent with things like pressure of opposition marking etc determining if it's easy or not to get the ball under control.

However, this must be applied for the CPU too as well as the human player. This would bring a more tactical element to proceedings with varied tempo. It's probably kind of why the old PES (even though being more restrictive in terms of direction) felt more satisfying in that average players felt bang average, and you simply couldn't just blind pass and turn, you had to get the ball under control first. Shit players felt shit, and you had to clear your lines with some because of the stats restrictions.

Also why PES 2011 felt more sim, some players felt sluggish, with the ball bouncing more away from them than others. Now I appreciate you could retort with 'well play manual passing then', indeed that would add variety (hopefully in passing trajectories), but I'm on about the very aspect of controlling the thing in the first place. The reason why teams go back and across the pitch IRL is to create space and to give the receiver IF passed forwards, a bit more time and space. THEN the touch can be close and accurate as this mirrors real life, ie when there are no platers/pressure your control will become much better. I appreciate though that people will moan about the game feeling 'unresponsive' then will be an issue.

This, obviously.

Many moons ago, we could choose the commentary language independent of the menu language.

For example, I used to prefer listening to the Spanish commentary instead of the English one.

Didn't have a clue what they were on about, but it created a much better atmosphere.

Sadly, commentary choice is one of the many good things that were taken out over the years.

In the absence of a decent English commentary again this year, it would be nice if they could bring the option back.
This is possible in the PC version of PES 2014. You can't do that in the consoles versions?

Honestly I really dont understand why there is no pixel editor for next-gen consoles. It was perfectly possible on playstation 2 to create logos and sponsors and save them directly into the option file, so why KONAMI is not doing something similar? Now I really don't know what to do, because I wanted to buy pes 2015 on my ps4 (and finally remove some dust from it) but I really dont like the idea of not being able to have accurate kits and logos. If the PC version will proove to be as good as the next-gen one gameplay speaking, then I think I will buy that one

Other than Project Cars, this has to be the longest wait for a game, ever.:PRAY:

On another note, did you guys know, "Dung beetles are beetles that feed partly or exclusively on dungs or feces. They possess exceptional dung disposal capacity and one dung beetle can bury dung that is 250 times heavier than itself in one night."

You could've easily said you're unsure instead of being very positive it's not in:

So no, I won't calm down. And not just in the last game only, which then leads me to thinking that you haven't even touched any of them.

Forgive me for straying slightly off topic here, but I'm curious.

Notwithstanding the obvious gap in my PES knowledge, why did you feel the need to stick the boot in after fantomas23 had already politely set me straight in this matter?

Did this situation really require further 'moderation' by your good self?

Back
Top Bottom