PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I don't have any problems defending, it's actually very easy, leting go of the run-button and just standing well in front of the dribbler usually stops him or forces him into a rush or to pass.

The biggest problems imho are:

1. Playerswitching is a mess: I don't mean the playerswitching when you press the button to select another player. That one isn't perfect either, but tolerable. I mean the playerswitching that happens when making a pass, throughball, highball... whatever. The CPU tries to predict who should be the recipient of a pass and fails in 6/10 cases horribly.
It obviously uses an algorithm that uses the distance of ball to potential player and selects the player that is nearest to the ball. This is a wrong approach though.
The structure of an attack gets completely destroyed when you make a throughball to one of your central midfielders and the CPU decides to let your central striker come back for the ball just because the ball happened to be nearer to him than to the central midfielder, same happens with long balls for wingmen. This is imho the most infuriating aspect of PES 2012.

2. Animations: It might seem superficial, but imho animation is an important aspect of football-games, good animation allows for variation, context, physical interplay and creates an immersive experience. In PES 2012 it's very woody and basic, making the game stiff and way less immersive than it could be.

3. Shooting: It's pretty much scripted and you have only little say in it.

Does anyone know where I can get a complete list of all the speed merchants in the game?

2. Animations: It might seem superficial, but imho animation is an important aspect of football-games, good animation allows for variation, context, physical interplay and creates an immersive experience. In PES 2012 it's very woody and basic, making the game stiff and way less immersive than it could be.

3. Shooting: It's pretty much scripted and you have only little say in it.

I agree on both of these, the last game i had the ball came to Rooney about 25 yards out and I just pressed shoot and it bent it into the bottom corner. I got no feeling of satisfaction it just felt like i had pressed a button and the rest done for me.

I'd also like to add

4. Customisable Cameras (I love the Dynamic camera zoomed out on FIFA and cant replicate it using the camera mod)

I agree, it's a lot more important than some might think when it comes to ones immersion in the game and pride in ownership. After several years of clunky and stuttery animations I hope they're a lot more fluid and convincing this year.

I have to agree with the animations point. While it would be nice to have extra level of detail on certain camera's, I can live with the current visuals, but it would be nice if they just tidied up some of the animations that get used a lot so that it looks more natural.

Like a 2 metre pass where the guy has followed his leg through like a piledriver or the keeper throwing both hands over his head and falling backwards. Or the lunging slide shot...or the diving header. The R2 shot without backlift. In PES 2011 the R2 shot would see a guy's leg move at 90 degrees across his body instead of kicking through the ball.

Also it seems that when you're stroking the ball around in midfield, a lot of passes are hit with the outside of the foot.

Given the current engine, I don't think we need countless animations for every scenario, but it would have been good if certain ones looked natural enough that you were looking at where the ball has gone, rather than thinking, hrmm that looked a little funny.

Animations won't be subtantially improved until PES 2014, but Konami could at least sort out the playerswitching and AI.

I played some more and it seems like playerswitching after a pass happens through an imaginary straight line. Wherever you pass to, if there is a teammember on the same straight line he will be selected to be the recipient of the pass and come back for the ball regardless of the distance. This is one of the biggest nonesense eve, making intelligent, improvised passing nearly impossible.

And the AI is just too apathetic, no improvisation and little will, both for my teammembers and the opponent's AI. The ball can roll near the players and they don't try to stick out their legs to get the ball, during loose ball situations it also highlights the problems of the AI to actually care for the play.

A realtime twotiered stamina/fatigue-system is also sorely missing. It's rediculous cause even the Wii-version of PES offers that feature but not the PS3/xbox360/PC-versions?!

I can wait for PES 2014 to get animations right, varied and satisfactory, but playerswitching, AI and stamina needs to be fixed yesterday, shooting and ballphysics as well while we are at it.

I'll be interested to see how manual shooting plays out this year. Shooting was a real bug bear of mine too in 2012 so i really want to see this improved. I'll be interested to see whether non-manual shooting has had a tweak in addition to the introduction of manual shooting. Hope so. We'll see.

I am not so convinced about defending in 2012. I find timing standing tackles is a bit random. However, this could also be the result of overpoering the dribbling skills on many players.This might be addressed with the double tap feature this year.

I agree that player switching isn't great. Both when defending and attacking.

Based on reports.... yep just like every other year things were based on reports and the game turned out to be a mess....

With the exception of the obvious places, the game wasn't so well received at this stage of production for previous iterations. The shooting is clearly much different to the auto shooting of the past few years.

ANIMATIONS konami please...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtktxKLvo68

have become incompetent and have forgotten the past.

is not possible .. winning eleven 3-4...pes 5-5le-6... with graphics of the era of the dinosaurs, it feels much more smooth and free, that this stupid generation

756767-shplaynovel_02_large.png

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!

:WORSHIP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Va-NqHQEc

"free pass" "total control" "dinamic-retard movement" "IA extreme pressure" :SMUG::SMUG: ...

should stop inventing stupid things and restore freedom to play. All these "implementations" is what has killed every year the game ..

Last edited:

ANIMATIONS konami please...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtktxKLvo68

have become incompetent and have forgotten the past.

is not possible .. winning eleven 3-4...pes 5-5le-6... with graphics of the era of the dinosaurs, it feels much more smooth and free, that this stupid generation

756767-shplaynovel_02_large.png

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Come back next year, no point for you to buy PES 2013, it's the same engine as PES 2012. Next year PES 2014 will be based on the fox-engine and will come with completely new animation-system, graphics, lighting...

So I advise to just skip this year's version and wait for the next. In the mean time you can play PES 5-6 or Fifa 13 and spare yourself alot of moaning and headaches.

Last edited:

Based on reports.... yep just like every other year things were based on reports and the game turned out to be a mess....

Considering you've only joined late 2010 you're like you've been here far longer...

:COP:

I think some of you are expecting too much of next-gen consoles. The graphics will be a step up for sure but I don't think it will revolutionary. I'd expect graphics similar to what a good gaming PC is capable of now.

The power of next gen consoles would be better used improving AI and such like rather than pushing graphics to the edge and forgetting everything else. Of course, the latter is exactly what I expect to happen.

thing is, most games on pc are currently limited to what the consoles can do...i doubt there are many games that REALLY REALLY take advantage of today's hardware.

So what are the odds we'll get that celebration from Balotelli in the game ? I gotta say he cracked me up last night

Yeah we getting ahead of oursleves here and inevitable dissappointment.

IMO they should look at making things a lot more fluid with realistic body movement and inertia. The ball could do with a hefty portion of improved physics and the ability to react to weather or pitch conditions.

LOVED this game.

Was my first exposure to the series having only played FIFA prior. Absolutely blew my mind the level of freedom and just the natural feel of the game.

It was on PC through an emulator but was the most fun I've ever gotten out of a game. The ISS Xtreme forum had an online league with about 3 or 4 tiers of active players. Nostalgia. :LOVE:

As much as I would love to have revolutionary graphics and physics plus advanced AI, I just do not want to end up being disappointed thinking too much of it like I did with PS2 -> PS3.

As much as I would love to have revolutionary graphics and physics plus advanced AI, I just do not want to end up being disappointed thinking too much of it like I did with PS2 -> PS3.

I'm more optimistic because the Fox-engine seems way more capable and advanced than PES 2008's engine and because obviously Konami seems to put much more funds behind the development of PES than a few years back.

I'm especially glad that this new Fox-engine-powered PES 2014 will also be available for xbox360/PS3/PC and not only for the nextgen.

There is one thing though, 2 years development time? It's not enough imo.

They will rush it yet again, while EA will be doing stuff behind the scenes, polishing their engine (like they did between FIFA 07 and 10).

Keeping my tabs on KONAMI though. Hate FIFA and it's idiotic fanboys who can't realize FIFA is not simulating any aspect of football right... :X.

So what are the odds we'll get that celebration from Balotelli in the game ? I gotta say he cracked me up last night

i am so hoping for something like that, take of your shirt celebration would be awesome. (maybe it's more realistic for fifa and their individual celebrations controled by the user)

it's not too much work i think, except for modelling all the upper bodys of all possible physics, and getting that shirt animated properly

thing is, most games on pc are currently limited to what the consoles can do...i doubt there are many games that REALLY REALLY take advantage of today's hardware.
konami dont have the balls to make a next gen footy sim pc exclusive. too scared to do so

It's all a question of market share i.e. console sales of PES (and FIFA) are many times greater than on the PC. Like Rom says, it's common sense not to produce an exclusive PC version given the cost involved and likely sales. Not to mention the piracy.

Back
Top Bottom