PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

So, if you find Barcelona out of place, you should also find out of place the referee that finally gives penalties..
And find out of place the offside rule (and it's just ONE MATCH I'm taking into account)..

Well, maybe PES2010 will be better for you: you could kill players in the box without being given a penalty against, and score goals like THIS which in my eyes is a blatant offside:
YouTube - Maierhofer vs. Chelsea

'cause that's what happened in the match you pointed out..

Si scherza, eh.. Però.. Quasi quasi.. :P

I remember Barcelona-Inter 1-0 with an offside goal when Inter played all the match in 10 men for a non-existent red card.

And I remember Bayern Munich winning dirty matches to get to final, for example against Fiorentina.

e ricordo anche una squadra chiamata Cesena

is it just my controller (logitech dual action) or does passing still seem rather 8 directional instead of 360?
combined with lack of off-the-ball movement and difficulty in beating a man, I'm finding it hard to see the much touted freedom so far, having played about ten 15 min games.

for those that have also played PS3 version, is there much difference? PS3 impressions seem a lot more positive.

Yeah, I have a logitech rumblepad 2 controller and not feeling the 360 deg as mentioned.

I've only played two games and won't be able to play again until tommorow, so can anyone explain in short what's the deal with this "whole new passing system"? There is a powerbar now that fills up depending on how long you press the button but wasn't it there before, we just couldn't see it? I'm probably missing something but there you go!

I've only played two games and won't be able to play again until tommorow, so can anyone explain in short what's the deal with this "whole new passing system"? There is a powerbar now that fills up depending on how long you press the button but wasn't it there before, we just couldn't see it? I'm probably missing something but there you go!

you have more control now with regards to the direction and power. Also using the L2 gives u even more control Still gotta get the hang of it though. lol

The demo is quite fun but I was hoping the passing would be a little different. I was expecting the through pass and long pass buttons to be gone. If we really had full control of the passing then we wouldn't need a through or long pass option cause we could just lead our guys and adjust the power ourselves. It seems that is possible to do through passes with the short pass button. The passes do seem to mostly go straight towards your guys though unless you pass completely away from them.

I think it might have been more interesting to just have two pass buttons one for ground passes the other for air. Then leave the placement up to you. So for crosses you would just have to aim them yourself.

In the command list they show that manual passes are possible if you hold down LT when you pass. I can't see any difference when I hold it down. Does anyone know what it does?

Overall it seems like a nice improvement from last years. I can't wait for it to come out.

Edit: Ok after seeing Shank's post I checked out the L2 some more and it seems more like what I was expecting. The passes don't seem to auto correct to go straight to your guys when using it.

Last edited:

amazing pes 2011 demo! 10times better than full pes 2010 game. i like every aspect of it. it remainds me a lot on pes5/6.

simply the best pes ever made so far!

It would be kinda cool if they had a menu option to make all passes manual so you are forced in game to not rely on the easy mode passing.

Is there any manual shooting in the game?

Just spent my lunch hour (and a bit) with this PC demo... not impressed at all.

It feels 'clunky'. When dribbling, I don't feel like I have the same natural control over the locomotion of my player like I do in FIFA (where I can use LB to stop and L2 to make dragback turns).

Passing can be frustrating, often selecting a target that I didn't want and as a result I end up pining for Manual controls. Conversely I do quite like the lobbed passes though, they feel more under my own control than the scripted curl of FIFA's long passes. You get a nice 'thump' when you launch a crossfield pass too.

Movement off-the-ball is quite static and quite binary; either my AI teammates stand there and stare at me, or they make a sprint through the defence. Fullbacks flat-out refuse to overlap. It doesn't feel natural.

I still can't get over the lack of width. It looks so unreal to see all 22 players down the middle of the pitch, with the occasional exception of the fullbacks. Then I give my fullback the ball and the players ahead of me refuse to just drift wide for a pass down the line, where there's tons of space.

The players might look quite convincing in appearance, but they don't behave like themselves. Messi constantly tries to sprint in behind the defence, whereas Villa regularly drops deep into the midfield... this would make more sense the other way round. Xavi seems to like making runs up the left channel, which is not him at all.

A replay for every free-kick is daft :DOH:

Not important because it's only cosmetic, but I think the goal celebrations are a bit lame too.

The only real positive I can come up with is that it looks nice and sharp in such high res on my pc monitor. I'm having difficulty seeing where all the enthusiasm is coming from... unless you're comparing it directly to PES2010, which was pretty terrible. I'm not feeling it, I'm afraid :(

Like ono said, if you been playing loads of fifa, it takes a while to get into, it really does! You HAVE to forget everything you know about PES or FIFA and start again, take a fresh approach at the game.

Don't worry there have been and are many who aren't feeling this game, but like Expander and a few others it took them a while to get into, when they did they ended up loving the game!

Dribbling is a whole new different challenge now, sprinting takes skill rather than with every other game where just holding it get's you easily from A to B. It's also not even about holding certain buttons constantly, even things like the left stick needs to used with shorter, precise movements :) unlike with previous games it's more about being measured and using the controller in a cultured way :) .

ALSO regarding wingers. I see you as a Villa fan, you see wing play as a high priority. It's about using team styles, setting you player support as 'wide' and attacking style as 'wide' and competitiveness as wide. Also quite literally place your wingers out on the touchline :) It should work :)
It sounds a bit mythical but this game is, well a bit mythical once you get into it!

The default Barca formation is actually screwed up :LOL: i've found it's very built around Ibrahimovic :) You right about Xavi and his positioning. I wouldn't worry at all about it, Konami have just thrown it together for the demo (Henry is STILL in the Barca squad! No Adriano, C aswell lol)

The demo is quite fun but I was hoping the passing would be a little different. I was expecting the through pass and long pass buttons to be gone. If we really had full control of the passing then we wouldn't need a through or long pass option cause we could just lead our guys and adjust the power ourselves. It seems that is possible to do through passes with the short pass button. The passes do seem to mostly go straight towards your guys though unless you pass completely away from them.

I think it might have been more interesting to just have two pass buttons one for ground passes the other for air. Then leave the placement up to you. So for crosses you would just have to aim them yourself.

In the command list they show that manual passes are possible if you hold down LT when you pass. I can't see any difference when I hold it down. Does anyone know what it does?

Overall it seems like a nice improvement from last years. I can't wait for it to come out.

Edit: Ok after seeing Shank's post I checked out the L2 some more and it seems more like what I was expecting. The passes don't seem to auto correct to go straight to your guys when using it.

Exactly. Using L2 you can see the subtle difference from using normal pass. Even with normal pass you can lay the ball off into space or do through balls like you mentioned. It's very nice to just lay it off and see your winger run on to it and deliver a cross.

It would be kinda cool if they had a menu option to make all passes manual so you are forced in game to not rely on the easy mode passing.

Is there any manual shooting in the game?

Yeah it would be cool to have that option for a real hardcore sim kinda game. As far as manual shooting, hmm I think the direction can be adjusted using the left stick.

somebody help me please..
when is started the game, the game becomes error
some screen shoot:
demotr.jpg

Has anybody got any great camera angle settings for wide cam yet. I've been playing about with it, but can't find one i'm happy with...

I think the ball looks a bit too big, or is it just me?

Overall, it's pretty good. Players speed and acceleration ratio is not balanced the way I expected it. I'm not talking about the general game speed, but the players seem to be slower than real life. Only when you send a pass in space and the player runs after it they're fast enough.

Graphic-wise the game is much better, but you need to adjust your graphics card's settings accordingly to get it to work the way it's supposed to.

I like it, and it's gonna take lots of games to get used to the new and more real mechanism.

The penalty's very very sucks.. Wide or to high over!
Further, taking over by players is very slowly. that's to bad for PES 11

Just played it some more, and I really like it. Still, the problems I pointed out there before still stand out for me. I echo what the other guy said before about long pass and through ball. Those buttons shouldn't be needed.

As a devout Pes player since PES 4, after trying the demos of both PES 11 and FIFA 11, I can say that FIFA is much much better. My conclusion is that Pes is getting more and more mechanic, whereas dribbling in FIFA feels real great!:BOP:

After a dozen of games I can finally and safly say that the game is pretty fucking gorgeous.
The only problems I'm having are about :

1 - Floraty ball. It really touch my nerves.
2 - Goalkeeper animations. They go from "meh" to "WHY DO YOU KEEP LANDING ON YOU BELLY"
3 - Some missing linking animations, expecially regarding fake shot or finesse shot.
4 - CPU should stop fouling me every time I manage to get past them.
5 - Some bad referee calls, but to be fair it doesn't bug me too much, happens in real life too.
6 - Players' hands are HUGE.
7 - Sometimes ball skyrockets in the sky after some rebounds.

What I liked is:

1 - Well, graphic is stunning, no real concern here
2 - Most of the animation, while still feeling stiff in comparison with Fifa's ones, are acceptable.
3 - Passing system is wicked
4 - You can feel player individuality even on full manual, attempting a trough pass with Xavi isn't the same thing as doing the same with Pique.
5 - Keepers, even if moving like monkeys on meth, are keepers. They just move weird.
6 - Well, the new tactic system is pretty fucking cool.

Aaaand that's all.

Honestly, I think the game is far away from being a good game any more. There are so many mistakes(wrong shoes, unbelievable bad chants and completely disgusting stats) and annoying things(like the AI, doing quite nothing on its own, which is very bad in some situations) plus this lousy gameplay, which is too much arcade in my opinion.

It is just again a new PES 2010 with updated licenses and small unimportant changes. This wouldn't be bad at all, if 2010 wouldn't have been just an updated version of 2009, which was an updated for a crappy 2008. And so I won't buy this "next-gen"-PES like I did not buy the last three games. I'll stay with PES 6, which is the best football simulation out there imho, and ISS-patch, there is nothing comparable to this.

Let me get this... So you're saying PES 2011 is arcade, and PES 6 is the best simulation out there?

Right. You really know what simulation is then ;)

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Excuse me acting like a girl for a second. This game is fucking amazing. Hands down the best football game i've ever played. I'd swap this demo (even with only 2 selectable matches) for every single PC and PS3 game i own right now.

I've had about 1 week of PS3 play, and today i've been playing on the PC.

I've found a camera tweak which i'm happy with. I'll post it...

Camera Type : wide

Height : 160

Zoom (near side) : 100

Zoom (far side) : 10

Anyway, i've just been blown away by an animation of pure genius. It looked so fluid and brilliant. It was Ibra. The ball was launched in the air by a defender and Ibra was jostling with a defender. as the ball comes down he just flicks it with his heel perfectly into the path of Villa.

Does anybody know how to upload fraps videos to youtube or any other site, as i'm struggling. I want to post it. It was brilliant. Just scored a great free-kick from around 35 yards aswell. This game is amazing. Any ideas on the fraps uploading?

Back
Top Bottom