PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

the camera is ridicilous... why change a good thing... so much Nokami.

also the penalties are so freaking irretating... why don't they at least have the view from behind the shooter like in ALL previous games. I hate when they change parts of the game that are completely fine! If they are changing simple things like penalties and camera, please have options to change back to normal or old pes settings. Would that be so difficult?

Otherwise I'm not sure about the game yet... only played a couple of matches. Will give it more time before deciding to buy the thing!

just played FIFA 11 demo, PES owns the competition IMO. FIFA 11 is still behind.

Running animations are horrible, but passing and shooting animations are sometimes better than PES. games speed is definitely more balanced than PES and you can more realistically run into space while in PES most of the times you're taken out by far behind defenders. I still have mixed feelings about PES running mechanism, it's real and its not at the same time.

Anyway, I'm still happy because it's really improved and is stepping into the right direction again. this is another PES year for me.

I feel that game speed is actually more balanced in PES, Fifa goes at super speed (at least Fifa 11 demo on PS3), totally unrealistic. I agree that passing and shooting animations are sometimes better than PES, but other times it's the opposite.
It varies a lot. What I like a lot more in PES is the proportion of field/players/ball/nets, and overall the fact that the players spread in a much more realistic way than FIFA on the field. During the second half, teams break often in two parts like in real life, something I never saw in FIFA.

I have to agree with the running system, it's complicated. I love the fact that you can't just win outrunning everyone with fast players, but maybe they exaggerated in the opposite since Villa, Messi etc. are often pursued with success by slower players.
However, the dribbling system is really nice when you understand how it works and it is very realistic in my opinion. I'm even starting to shoot decently, not all shots are floaty when you understand how and when to do it.

Graphics wise Fifa is definitely better in some things. Maybe LOD mixer can help with that.

Did anyone of you try to enforce AA and AF with Catalyst Control Center?

I was surprised at how bad Fifa looked compared to Pes. Models close-up in Fifa looked good but the whole thing looked a little washed-out compared to the crispness of Pes. As far as the game goes, it just felt like an arcade game and felt way to easy, probably due to the skill level being stuck on amateur.

I think Fifa will be played by the arcade brigade, and PES will be played by the Simulation brigade this year.

Even Fifa's commentary is a bit disjointed, something that it was always very good at.

PES for me this year.

Anyone know how to change a players index cards? Can't work out how to do it! I can see which ones are turned on, but can't seem to change them.

I was surprised at how bad Fifa looked compared to Pes. Models close-up in Fifa looked good but the whole thing looked a little washed-out compared to the crispness of Pes. As far as the game goes, it just felt like an arcade game and felt way to easy, probably due to the skill level being stuck on amateur.

I think Fifa will be played by the arcade brigade, and PES will be played by the Simulation brigade this year.

Even Fifa's commentary is a bit disjointed, something that it was always very good at.

PES for me this year.

have you tried to play FIFA in "manual mode"? where is the arcade there?

Just had some more matches with the demo and my opinions about it weren't that wrong. I still think that some point are a pain in the ass, such as the thousands of instant replays and some animations(are there really just two or three types of "going-to-ground"-animations after a player was fouled?!) and also very annoying, the shots: Either totally weak with no power or rocket-like going on a straight line into the net or -most of the time- into the 25th line.

An interesting fact is in my view, that freekicks are so easy. I scored today four goals after FKs that is exactly the same amount of such goals as I scored in five years of PES 6. On the opposite I completely fail at penalties. Don't know, how to shoot them, but I tried so much, from just tipping on the button and placing in a lower corner or hammering it into the middle, it always went wide and hit someone in the crowd. :/

But the biggest reason, why I will not buy PES 2011 is the AI. It is really disgusting how they behave in some situations. Nearly all goals against me were scored after fatal mistakes by my CPU mates and this is not motivating at all. Because I always felt that the players of my opponent's team were harder, better, faster, stronger and cleverer. Of course they also had some problems, but just minor ones not leading into another goal.

So no money to Konami from here, just like the three years before...

This thread is not created as PES 2011 V FIFA 2011,
so can we keep On Topic and stop spammy comments about FIFA please.

Feel free to post anything constructive or critical about the PES2011 demo.

Did anyone of you try to enforce AA and AF with Catalyst Control Center?
Yes 16xAF and 4xAA forced on and it looks gorgeous.

Anyone know how to change a players index cards? Can't work out how to do it! I can see which ones are turned on, but can't seem to change them.
Can't turn them off this year it seems. One of last years big features relegated to the 2nd division this year.

After a days worth of games, I have to say I'm not really getting any emotion out of this gameplay. Sure, the passing is great but when I concede a goal I'm like meh. When I score a goal same thing - meh, even when the stike is great. Its not like PES6 where every goal I concede I'm gutted and every goal I score I feel like I've really earned it and its great satisfaction - even on exhibition mode. Maybe its just because its only a demo.

After a days worth of games, I have to say I'm not really getting any emotion out of this gameplay. Sure, the passing is great but when I concede a goal I'm like meh. When I score a goal same thing - meh, even when the stike is great. Its not like PES6 where every goal I concede I'm gutted and every goal I score I feel like I've really earned it and its great satisfaction - even on exhibition mode. Maybe its just because its only a demo.

Hmm well I feel totally the opposite. When I concede a goal, I end up cursing, not the game like previous PES, but myself for letting it happen. Of course there's a stupid bug here and there but that happens rarely. When I score, I get an immense satisfaction that is totally different to what I felt in the previous games. Not to diss you, just my humble opinion. Cheers!

when I concede a goal I'm like meh.
This happens to me too, but for a reason. I quite always use Chivas, and no matter how hard I try there's always a player from Internacional (D'Alessandro, Alecsandro, Taison, no matter who) that manages to make a "deep run" avoiding the offside, at least once in a match.. 90 out of 100 of these plays result in a goal I concede. I'm cursing the entire defence of Chivas from day 1, but I don't really feel gutted because it feels like something I have no power upon. It just seems to happen at least once in a match..

Not sure about what you say regarding scoring though, it feels to me like each and every goal I score is earned.. Probably because I have to work way harder to get passes done right this time.. But when I manage to make 7, 8 good passes in a row I feel like I'm :WORSHIP: GOD!! :WORSHIP:

its no more L2 and the buttons. You gotta press select and the button the strategy is assigned to. The command list is your friend ;)

Really dislike this change, really hard to adjust strategy or att/def level quickly in game now because it now requires you to let go of the left analogue. Somewhat compensated for with the great tactical options in game plan I guess.

By the way Shank, after you told me Logitech dual shock is not really 360 analogue, I tested it properly in game and it really is only 8 directions. Changed to an old PS2 pad I had lying around. Not sure if its completely 360 but its definitely better and has naturally improved the gameplay and my enjoyment of the demo.

Still cant beat Barca. My players are probably scared of scoring against them after Gomez received a nasty injury when he just beat Valdez to the ball with a diving header

ValdesspearsGomez.jpg

Wish there had been a proper collision animation for this, would have looked awesome

Really dislike this change, really hard to adjust strategy or att/def level quickly in game now because it now requires you to let go of the left analogue. Somewhat compensated for with the great tactical options in game plan I guess.

By the way Shank, after you told me Logitech dual shock is not really 360 analogue, I tested it properly in game and it really is only 8 directions. Changed to an old PS2 pad I had lying around. Not sure if its completely 360 but its definitely better and has naturally improved the gameplay and my enjoyment of the demo.

Still cant beat Barca. My players are probably scared of scoring against them after Gomez received a nasty injury when he just beat Valdez to the ball with a diving header

ValdesspearsGomez.jpg

Wish there had been a proper collision animation for this, would have looked awesome

Yeah I wish they hadn't changed that, because in the previous game I used the att/def level quite a lot. Now like you say, gotta take your hand off the analogue.

And did he really get an injury from that? as in after that he showed up injured?

Had a similar injury with Busquets while trying to head the ball the body said no and pumped up his leg over his arm, on my shot it is already on the way back to earth.^^
pes2011moddeddemo201009.jpg

And why the heck is the ref always standing in front of them? Every FK in my demo the same, it is really bad, waiting the first I shoot him with a FK.

pes2011moddeddemo201009l.jpg

To be pretty honest the game is very very good I would rate it as 9/10. I am sure Konami will release a patch as soon as the game is officialy launched and correct much of the issues people are reporting.

To my mind this is very good to compare like FIFA 08 to FIFA 09. Everybody said this game made a big step especially compared to PES 2008 and 2009. This time its vice versa.
I like the fact, that longdistance shoots ain't ending always as goals.
I like the new passsystem but what i dont like are the goalkeeps. They still bound the ball to many times.
Moreover the Blureffect sucks ... is it possible to turn it off ?

ValdesspearsGomez.jpg

It's really fucking hard to beat Barca on this game! :LOL: you can do it once if you get lucky but you can't master beating them consistently :(

Beating Bayern isn't hard with Barca but my Barca are annoying on this game :CONFUSE:

There's always one player who destroys you, It's usually Ibrahimovic, but Messi, Villa, Alves Iniesta especially really can put you to the sword!

i have a sound problem, sometimes the game's without sound at all, and later all the sounds from before are out. as if they were delayed for a moment, and released later.

happened only after i format my computer, what should i do?

any response is appreciated. cheers

i have a sound problem, sometimes the game's without sound at all, and later all the sounds from before are out. as if they were delayed for a moment, and released later.

happened only after i format my computer, what should i do?

any response is appreciated. cheers

uninstall and reinstall you sound card driver.

All my shots seems to go up. Sofar have been unable to shoot a ground shot.
Ball feels very very floaty. Shots either float up or are very weak.
Seems very random.
I'm just not feeling this game right now.
I miss the good old days

is there a way to view all the included teams in pes11?

would be interesting to see if its true, that the bundesliga is back as a fake league...

Back
Top Bottom