PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

I Think Yes ... It's not Fifa , Also It's Xbox360 Version was 1.2 gig so it should be really like final release with some limits ,

yes, lets see how much power we need on our PC! i have the bad feeling that my Pentium4 with 3,2Ghz and 1GB will be not enough, i had a Nvidia 7600GS TDH 256Mb! i am also not optimistic how it runs!!! thats the shit when you play on PC!! I believe that the Graficcard needs 512Mb to run clear and 2GB ram!

we will find out on october the 25 here in Germany!!!

Cheers

1gb Ram will be enough, and alot of the 512MB Graphic cards are really 256mb, and steal the rest from the ram, which is not good. I have the Radeon X1950XT and it runs games like company of heroes on maximum settings fine, and that card is 256mb.

My pc:
Pentium 4 HT 2.8 ghz; 2 gb RAM; Radeon X1550 256 mb (DirectX 9.0 & shader model 3.0); XP Media Center Edition, will it run OK with these specs guys? thank you.

Here´s what I think about PES2008: I think KONAMI won´t deliver to us those SO GREAT, radical changes. Why? Because if they release THE perfect football simulator, what´s left for PES2009? They are gonna improve a little bit some details, just like they did with PES5->6. It´s never gonna be what we all expected because after all, it´s all about selling the game and they don´t have THAT competition (FIFA) to be forced to improve THAT much. KONAMI´s boys will always be able to do better, but that would make harder their work for next year with no reason, with minor efforts they´ll sell every single game out because at the end, we all know that pes2008 will be better than PES6. What left us with three choices: Stop playing PES and start playing FIFA (:-s), stop playing football simulators at all (:-s:-s) or playing PES2008.
So, PES2008 it´s gonna be the best football simulator out for sure, but we can´t spect THAT much...

In conclusion, I WILL buy PES2008 and I WILL play it several hours of my life but I have to say this: F*CK YOU KONAMI! ](*,)

It's impossible to make 'the perfect football simulator' at this point in time. the technology is simply not available. fifa 08 is as close as we'll get this year, and in say 5 years it'll look inadequate compared to that years version.

the requirements are way bigger for 2008.

Windows XP
Pentium 4 3.0GHz /AMD Athlon 64 or better
1GB RAM
6.5GB free memory
8x DVD-ROM drive
DirectX 9.0c video card

256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI x1600 / NVidia 6800 GT/GS or better)
DirectX 9.0c Soundcard
DirectX 9.0c or higher
Windows USB Gamepad
1280 x 720 resolution

supported chipsets

NVIDIA - GeForce 6600, 6800, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, GeForce FX (5950, 5900, 5800, 5600, 5200), GeForce4 Ti, GeForce3
ATI - Radeon x1600, x1800, x1900, x800, 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9000, 8500

Geforce MX is not supported!

and next time search please :)

These are NOT minimum requirements...these are RECCOMENDED requirments. If these WERE the minimum requirements, KONAMI would be severely limiting their sales because not as many people would be able to play it that could play PES6.

Everyone stop shitting themselves about being able to run PES2008, get the demo first and try it.

The geezer was asking about MINIMUM requirements.

And next time, read posts properly please..:D

Last edited:
question: will they have the emirates stadium in it as well has all the other club stadiums that were missingf rom the pes2 version of pes6?

These are NOT minimum requirements...these are RECCOMENDED requirments. If these WERE the minimum requirements, KONAMI would be severely limiting their sales because not as many people would be able to play it that could play PES6.

Everyone stop shitting themselves about being able to run PES2008, get the demo first and try it.

Haha, yeah. I wanted minimum requirements. I dont think I will be able to download the demo. I dont think I should after wasting my downloads on downloading FIFA 08

Konami Is really smart guys ... They REleased Demo version this week ... Also This week FIFA08 gonna be released ... So it may reduce Sale of that Sh*t ... I hope so :D

Just to highlight this fact I am running game on old Nvidia Geforce mx440
card through 3d analyze on 640x480 low res and its pretty smooth.

i dont like the demo for pc at all, the replay mode goes f*cked up, i wanna rotate the camera manualy, and want to have a other camera position, i dont hope all this is in the final version also, i dont like the gameplay now also, cause they all run so sloooooow and the crosses go way to fast :S i hope they sort that out, but i am not that worried to be honest, the final game will be great as always i think

i dont like the demo for pc at all, the replay mode goes f*cked up, i wanna rotate the camera manualy, and want to have a other camera position, i dont hope all this is in the final version also, i dont like the gameplay now also, cause they all run so sloooooow and the crosses go way to fast :S i hope they sort that out, but i am not that worried to be honest, the final game will be great as always i think

You have to switch to the other camera to rotate the camera manually - think its Y on the 360 controller

oke thanks twoodster

i am liking the demo more now after i played it more, but what do you guys think from the shooting system ? that dont feel like pes for me somehow and i hate how the run animation looks now, its verry verry ugly

Last edited:
Does anyone know if PC and X360 players will be able to play online together? I know Halo 2 shipped with a PC version of Xboxlive...and since there's no difference in gameplay between the PC and Xbox, I can't see why it wouldn't be included...

I can't open a new thread, so i post it here :)

pc action (german gamingsite and printmagazine) made some shots of their version from munich and england.

munich: http://www.pcaction.de/?article_id=615028
england: http://www.pcaction.de/?article_id=615035

and they made a comparison of fifa and pes:

brasil and turkey: http://www.pcaction.de/?article_id=614472
argentina and spain: http://www.pcaction.de/?article_id=614617

click on the gallery (the picture on the right side) and then on "Bild in Originalgröße" to see 2000x1000 shots

Hey guys. I didn't know where to post my question but here it is. I have an ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB for my desktop. The demo works good without any slow downs except sometimes for the replays(maybe it's because just a demo and they will fix it in the final release). The highest resolution for the demo for me is 1400x1050 although I used to play PES6 with a 1680X1050 resolution. So do you think I will get 1680x1050 resolution back when the actual game comes out?
Thank you:)

Hey guys. I didn't know where to post my question but here it is. I have an ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB for my desktop. The demo works good without any slow downs except sometimes for the replays(maybe it's because just a demo and they will fix it in the final release). The highest resolution for the demo for me is 1400x1050 although I used to play PES6 with a 1680X1050 resolution. So do you think I will get 1680x1050 resolution back when the actual game comes out?
Thank you:)

Check this thread http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43269, there is a file u can download to use 1680x1050, although u cant use 16:10, only 16:9 or 4:3, either way the game is disfigured.

oke thanks twoodster

i am liking the demo more now after i played it more, but what do you guys think from the shooting system ? that dont feel like pes for me somehow and i hate how the run animation looks now, its verry verry ugly

yea, the shoting system sucks, its soo arcadeish, much less control over the direction than in pes 6

Back
Top Bottom