Perhaps Seabass's Greatest Masterpiece ever....?

Kaiser

PES Enthusiast
3 July 2003
Borusse
That is my thoughts on WE7I. Me and Jonestm just finished playing it for 4 hours and NEVER have i enjoyed playing it so much. So many points where to start...

1. Defenders who ACTUALLY DEFEND.
2. Clean crisp passing and movement
3. AI Players who move into space after playing a pass.
4. Sidebacks who have stamina.
5. Sideback who defend.
6. Great fun in picking a side and realising who actually played for them in that era and finding forgotten players.

From tinkering with formations to picking lesser teams and realising there is no ridiculous 30 yard screamers unless very lucky, No players doing 360's after a collision. No players running like mindless atomotoms into the post.

Seabass is it to much to ask you to stick to the basics? Release this version as a new 2008 international but just add the r2 function, Thou you shall no doubt stick to your "i giveth, I taketh" motto.

What are other peopes thought on the best version of the WE/PES series?

Best football game ever.
Does anyone know the referee ratings in this masterpiece?

Yes, it totally agree.. winning eleven 7 international (jap ntsc) was my fav of the WE/PES series. Im currently playing winning eleven 2007jlcc which i think is the best version to date simply because of the great range of animations for volleys n kicks etc.. but we7int is still a game i play.. was so fluid !!! The normal default view was amazing aswell!!! - and infact my fav ever view for playing the game :)Also something about this version (the ai of your own players and their positioning) that i loved were the many varied types of goals you would score.. some really spectatular goals..
seems like the later versions suffered with this simply because your players wouldnt make the runs you would like them too..
mind u.. i think we2007jlcc has improved from previous versions.. your own players are smarter, as are the opposing players.. i think probably the smartest they have ever been on any we/pes version..
must be the brain food.. but i like it ;)

Greatest Master piece of shit. I am pretty sure he was smoking some weed while making this game, i mean look at my avatar, it just says everything.

EDIT*** Haha, I thought you were talking about PES2008, you're not. You're talking about WE7I... In which case, I agree with you. I'll leave this so that people can see how stupid I am (and in-case anyone thinks the same as I did). ***EDIT

Congratulations unevilized you are now famous for 30 seconds!!
Congratulations, this thread is just one of millions of posts that will encourage Seabass to make incredibly limited improvements to the game whilst removing or breaking features at the same time.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you enjoy the game then good luck to you, and I kindly ask you to reply with anything but an insult (which you have aimed at me several times in the past, I would be tempted to bet that this thread was created with a secondary objective of "baiting" me). But to say the game is a masterpiece is, to me, insulting to genuinely incredible games and games developers who ensure everything is as perfect as possible all-round (including things such as community features, which are considered to be of the upmost importance).

It's also an insult to the people on forums like this who dedicate months of their lives to patching the game, only to find that the unlicensed content is getting more generic each year - or removed entirely - and the edit features to fix this are worse or removed entirely as well. Think of the fanbase that's on this site, 90% of which is all about editing. They have spat on their fanbase, in my eyes.

And as for the slowdown, even if it's only in one or two stadia, that is totally wrong. In this day and age we shouldn't be putting up with that. I've read people saying "well what can we do about it?" - nothing, and that's the point. So many things are wrong with the game that we can't put right, and I find it disgraceful. The gameplay might be great but if you can only win the same ML, the same World Cup, the same Premier League... There is so much that they could add, that they could fix, but they don't, so to call it a masterpiece is (as I've said already) an insult to truly great games developed by truly great games developers.

Seabass has promised great things for PES2009 though and has said he's going to be adding a lot of things now that the gameplay is at an acceptable level, so I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

Last edited:
We7i is the best simulation. If anybody find never option file. Agree with urbanspy. Nothing compare to we7i for me.

Congratulations, this thread is just one of millions of posts that will encourage Seabass to make incredibly limited improvements to the game whilst removing or breaking features at the same time.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you enjoy the game then good luck to you, and I kindly ask you to reply with anything but an insult (which you have aimed at me several times in the past, I would be tempted to bet that this thread was created with a secondary objective of "baiting" me). But to say the game is a masterpiece is, to me, insulting to genuinely incredible games and games developers who ensure everything is as perfect as possible all-round (including things such as community features, which are considered to be of the upmost importance).

It's also an insult to the people on forums like this who dedicate months of their lives to patching the game, only to find that the unlicensed content is getting more generic each year - or removed entirely - and the edit features to fix this are worse or removed entirely as well. Think of the fanbase that's on this site, 90% of which is all about editing. They have spat on their fanbase, in my eyes.

And as for the slowdown, even if it's only in one or two stadia, that is totally wrong. In this day and age we shouldn't be putting up with that. I've read people saying "well what can we do about it?" - nothing, and that's the point. So many things are wrong with the game that we can't put right, and I find it disgraceful. The gameplay might be great but if you can only win the same ML, the same World Cup, the same Premier League... There is so much that they could add, that they could fix, but they don't, so to call it a masterpiece is (as I've said already) an insult to truly great games developed by truly great games developers.

Seabass has promised great things for PES2009 though and has said he's going to be adding a lot of things now that the gameplay is at an acceptable level, so I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

Dearest Mr Bauer,

Firstly i would ask you to stop believing in your own so called hype. I have a million and one beter things to do than post with the sole intention of "baiting" you, You are so far of my rader it is untrue(fair to say i forgot all about you until you reared your ugly head here.).
I would find it incredibly hard thou to listen to a man who keeps holding on to FIFA to make the grade year after year when the fault lies with the 8-10 year olds who buy fifa and love it's "arcade goal fest" feeling.

The spit on the fanbase quote also caught my eye Seabass bringing out other versions of this game(which by the way i am talking about WE7I you are aware?) or EA bringing out the likes of FIFA street soccer you decide? I am sure if Seabass had released Pro Evolution Street Soccer i have no doubt you would be first to open a thread then open that HUGE hole in your face and spout all the putrid venom that you seem to reserve solely for this man(did he steal christmas from you one year?)

I wear no Pro Ev tinted glasses but am aware that this is a much better game than FIFA will ever be.....FACT!!

And as for the editors, While indeed the y do do amazing work he has said himself it is people who sell patched versions on ebay is what makes him encrypt the game more, no vendetta against the editors so no face spitting ever took place.

You make no secret for you dislike for the series of pro ev as your signature once said (Practically Everything the Same).
I am getting bored now so please try and rattle someone else cage and remember a forum is all about opinions, I do and i voice mine

regards

* this was posted before i noticed his mistake in noticing i was talking about WE7I

Id still got with WE10JL(for the smoothness and flow of the game) as my fav followed closely by WE9(for being the closest in terms of a simulation than any other WE/PES).

no way, i don't agree with this.

the best games were the N64 and PSX versions. WE7I was the best one on PS2, not the best in series.

no he didnt, he was mistaken. But saying this

"I wear no Pro Ev tinted glasses but am aware that this is a much better game than FIFA will ever be.....FACT!!"

so its impossible for fifa ever to be better, well this year im afraid it is...

I personally feel PES5 is the best game they've made. The passing and shooting felt absolutely sublime on it. The editing was perfect, and it looked fairly decent as well. The passes along the ground slide along fine, whereas PES6 passes are so slow and bouncy its pathetic.

PES6 sucks tbh.
I went online for some 2v2 after playing WE7i, and every goal was a cutback or a rebound.
PES2008 seems to be more of the same, as far as i can tell.
With perhaps the exeption of PES5, PES has got basically worse since WE7i :(

"I wear no Pro Ev tinted glasses but am aware that this is a much better game than FIFA will ever be.....FACT!!"

FIFA 08 is probably better than PES2008, but not WE7i.

Well gomito if you actually read what was written i said

"I wear no Pro Ev tinted glasses but i'm aware that this is a much better game than FIFA will ever be.....FACT!!"

You will see i mentioned that i DO NOT wear Pro ev tinted glasses and that the game i was actually talking about was Winning Eleven 7 International stating that this is better than FIFA not pro evolution. But you mentioned that FIFA is better this year...Well that is great for EA, Millions of pounds spent year after year and they have finally(In your eyes) got it right it only took them 4 attempts after WE7I to make the grade. Well done you and them;):applause:

Well gomito if you actually read what was written i said

"I wear no Pro Ev tinted glasses but i'm aware that this is a much better game than FIFA will ever be.....FACT!!"

You will see i mentioned that i DO NOT wear Pro ev tinted glasses and that the game i was actually talking about was Winning Eleven 7 International stating that this is better than FIFA not pro evolution. But you mentioned that FIFA is better this year...Well that is great for EA, Millions of pounds spent year after year and they have finally(In your eyes) got it right it only took them 4 attempts after WE7I to make the grade. Well done you and them;):applause:

dude, i havent played fifa since fifa 98, so dont fucking even pretend to know where im comming from. I used to be blind like a ton of the fan boys on here, but i now equate EA to Konami. EA have given us shit year after year, and it looks like konami is starting the same trend. I dont know how you can even begin to compare we7i to a next gen game.... its not fair to be honest, but yes in terms of pure rewarding gameplay WE7i wins hands down. But with the advent of live and online leagues, you can see where WE7i is trueley old gen.....

dude, i havent played fifa since fifa 98, so dont fucking even pretend to know where im comming from. I used to be blind like a ton of the fan boys on here, but i now equate EA to Konami. EA have given us shit year after year, and it looks like konami is starting the same trend. I dont know how you can even begin to compare we7i to a next gen game.... its not fair to be honest, but yes in terms of pure rewarding gameplay WE7i wins hands down. But with the advent of live and online leagues, you can see where WE7i is trueley old gen.....

Listen "dude" i don't compare WE7 to any next gen game. If people bothered to read the original post instead of holding there nose and jumping in feet first ie Jack Bauer then fair enough i would argue any points but.... I ain't no fanboy so i ain't arguing I feel that you still cannot beat playing another human being face to face than a faceless moron online who probably persists on picking your Barca's, Inter's and Brazil's that is my opinion so don't even fucking pretend to know where i'm coming from.

Oh and coming has one m and truly has no e;)

I just played it again :mrgreen: I haven't played it since 2003. Defenders are certainly VERY good. Shooting is very powerful though lol. I played England v Italy and beat them 3-2 scoring in injury time with scholsey :mrgreen: But, i must say i still prefer PES6 PS2 for other reasons. But WE7I defending definitely shuld be in nextgen gaming. I'll play PES5/WE9 after CL games are over.

I don't want to poke my head in this ongoing debate but it really grinds my gears when people try to point out other's misspellings in order to gain more "leverage" in a debate. This is an informal forum for god sakes. Having that said, I think both of you have valid points and I hope you all realize you are arguing against your own opinions.

Oh, and BTW its 'radar' not "rader".

I remember I downloaded a Champions League patch for this game and it had Bomfunk MC's "Freestyler" playing on the menu. It was brilliant. :p

Back
Top Bottom