PC Gaming

Interesting video..

Seems though that they need to do an awful lot of optimisation to UE, or it will just become the new Crysis and everyone will have to wait till the RTX 5000 series is release before anything is properly playable.

Credit to Haste at https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/latest-deals-and-offers-thread.369703/page-133#post-6019207

haste said:
Just a little headsup. Ubisoft store has large sale (up to 80%) plus 10 EUR/USD discount code "LEGEND22". And interestingly, this promo code can be used multiple times! All you need to do is to add a very cheap game to your shopping cart, like a 3 USD game and add the thing you really want, like a 15 dollar DLC or something. The final price will be 15+3 -10 = 8 USD for the DLC and you will receive that small game as a bonus
:)
You can do this as many times as there are these "small" games you do not own.

1653317849218.png

On Steam is a racing games sale. Got AC ultimate edition for 8€.

Any recomended mods out there?

Congrats! That’s some great package! 👏

Custom Manager, CSP and SOL are must haves!

Thanks buddy!
Do I see it correct that every mods from your post are behind a paywall (patreon)?

I don't know what these 3 mods are doing but hey. Take my money and shutup. 🥴:LOL:

Something different: On epic you can get for free from now till next thursday all 3 Bioshock games (the first 2 ones remastered and the 3rd one complete edition (or something)).
But I don't know if they work on Windows 11 or 10...

Damn… it’s all free. Don’t you understand?!
It can all be free. You are allowed to donate though.

it’s one of the easiest processes to install a mod to a game.

download custom manager. Easy.
download and install AC in steam. Easy.
start custom manager.
download CSP and drag it into custom manger.
download SOL and drag it into custom manager.
That’s it. Easy.

here in German:

Although not announced officially by Sony.
The next PS game coming to PC is Returnal, which has appeared in the Steam catalogue.

I am just hoping the PC will get the Last of Us Remake, which is scheduled for later this year or at some point Spider-Man as would love to see that game without the god awful draw distance.
As loved Spider Man, but everything over 50 metres away looked like playing on a spectrum.

Although not announced officially by Sony.
The next PS game coming to PC is Returnal, which has appeared in the Steam catalogue.

I am just hoping the PC will get the Last of Us Remake, which is scheduled for later this year or at some point Spider-Man as would love to see that game without the god awful draw distance.
As loved Spider Man, but everything over 50 metres away looked like playing on a spectrum.
I have confidence in that nvidia leak from last year, however they didn't have Last of Us listed but hopefully as you say gets released. I am excited about Ghost of Tsushima, which hopefully gets announced soon, and horizon. They even have gt7 there

My EA Play Pro is due to expire in a month.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase from now? @Placebo

Russia is 3999.00 which is £52, still pretty cheap but swear last year it was half that.

My EA Play Pro is due to expire in a month.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase from now? @Placebo

Russia is 3999.00 which is £52, still pretty cheap but swear last year it was half that.

Yeah think I used Ukraine which should be the same price, (felt a bit potentially problematic to use a Russian IP!).

Yeah think I used Ukraine which should be the same price, (felt a bit potentially problematic to use a Russian IP!).

Fair enough.. Mine is automatically renewed with PayPal and never had any payment issues.
Since FIFA 23 will be next gen, will keep EA Play for another year.

Have given Spider-Man on PC a go for probably about 2 hours now.
It still has some LOD issues with distance buildings but is a big improvement over the PS4/5.

Graphically it is better, but not massively over the PS5 version of the game - But also have not gone up buildings staring at the reflections.
Motion blur and other little things are better on PC slightly.

The biggest difference without doubt between PC and PS though is how incredibly smooth the PC version is - The game is so much a better experience with an unlocked frame rate and feels like silk.
It makes such a massive difference to how the game feels, and the locked 30/60FPS on the PS feels so slow and clunky in comparison.

Well done for the people who made the PC port, as this is how ports should be made - Plenty of graphical options and smooth gameplay.
The only improvement, I would of liked in the PC version would of been better building textures for distance buildings, but still an improvement over PS5.

Been playing Spiderman on PC for some of the week now (probably about 4/5 hours)

Loaded Miles Moreles on PS5, and I have changed my opinion on the difference.

The difference is actually huge..
Graphically the PC is much better, there is absolutely no to very little low quality textures used, where on PS the poor textures stick out like a sore thumb.
But the absolute main difference as stated before the PS5 version feels like your playing the game in slow motion, it is so slow to play and the game feels unsmooth compared to PC.. It is so different, I played Miles in 30FPS fidelity mode and after playing the PC version 30FPS in Spiderman is a crime.
On PC it feels like a completely different game.

Last edited:
From September 1st you will be able to claim and keep Assassin's Creed Origins, Football Manager 2022, Shadow of Mordor GOTY and more (PC) for free via Prime Gaming.

Full list of games:
Assassin's Creed Origins (Ubisoft Connect)
Football Manager 2022 (Epic Games)
Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition (GOG)
The Dig
Defend the Rook
We. the Revolution
Castle on the Coast
Word of the Law: Death Mask Collector's Edition

Should go in the PC building thread, but can’t be bothered to find it.

AMD are announcing the 7000 series CPU’s on the 29th August.
Massive changes are coming this time around with DDR5 and PCIe 5.0.

Should go in the PC building thread, but can’t be bothered to find it.

AMD are announcing the 7000 series CPU’s on the 29th August.
Massive changes are coming this time around with DDR5 and PCIe 5.0.

NVIDIA in sept right? Feel like the shortage of the 3000 cards is less now and they are available in stock constantly. Wonder if the 4000 and the AMD 7000 ones will be OOS for months after release and theyll just keep discounting current ones to clear inventory

NVIDIA in sept right? Feel like the shortage of the 3000 cards is less now and they are available in stock constantly. Wonder if the 4000 and the AMD 7000 ones will be OOS for months after release and theyll just keep discounting current ones to clear inventory
Nvidia announcement is expected at the end of September with a release in October for the 4090 and 4080.

Hopefully stock levels won’t be so bad for the new cards compared to the 3000 series, which only 2 years after launch they are now freely available and at prices close to MSRP.

I don’t think the new AMD 7000 series chips will be too difficult to get hold off, as they require a massive upgrade of new CPU, motherboard and RAM.

Personally I am waiting for the Intel 13900K to be released and will purchase depending on benchmarks, as going to be an expensive October as 100% going to purchase a 4080 on launch.

Back
Top Bottom