New Kits

Hertha Berlin

hertha.jpg

Rennes

rennes.jpg

reenes-ext.jpg

just trying to be creative and change stuff. not even all the fans would be happy without change - not to mention the club sales plummeting!

something... "different" once in a while is interesting. i guess it's a good thing Barcelona, Inter and Juve don't share the kit with different colours.

a few years ago nike tried the simplicity retro when adidas were adding stuff to their shirt [see wc 2006 kits], now the role is slightly reversing and nike trying out stuff whilst adidas produces rather simple AND personalized shirts [again, see world cup shirts]

it'll all come and go and come and go again. the object being money [and... secondary, not getting bored]

p.s. - not saying i like this hertha shirt, but i've always found that club to be one with the most insipid and boring shirts. at least i can recognize them now.

Last edited:
Ir was about time they started to personalize team kits again, I was kinda annoyed by the same-shirt-different-colors of some years ago (2006 world cup puma anyone? But it applies to this world cup too I fear.)

It seems the sunshine will appear on the numbers.

bloody hell... i thought there was something off with them. i should see one in real life before passing final judgement though.

as font styles this one is to last year's what 07-08 was to 06-07 [the latter one was a dark/maroon yellow and henry's one was bright yellow]

Last edited:
The lightning pattern on Hertha's kit reminds me of something from the 90's:_

arsenal-away-football-shirt-1995-1996-s_2180_1.jpg

Nike going back to the past it seems. If I was a Hertha fan I'd be quite pissed. And for Barcelona, I like their new kits but why the red shorts again?

I think in the case of Inter Milan, Manchester Utd, Herta Berlin and Barcelona's away Nike have attempted to bring back those horrible looking English lower league Football kits from the 90's. I really don't see how they even imagine placing these designs on football kits.

Last edited:
Nike going back to the past it seems. If I was a Hertha fan I'd be quite pissed. And for Barcelona, I like their new kits but why the red shorts again?

I'm not a huge fan of the red shorts, but there's only so much you can do with teams that have striped kits, it always ends up looking the same so you need to change something.

Horrible cheap looking club badge on the Newcastle shirts. Shame some of the big companies cut costs and choose not to embroider them these days and stick a cheap felt one on.

No-one is doubting they're real, it's just everyone is so used to seeing Newcastle's kits made by Adidas as they have been for such a long time, although I remember when they first came into the Premier League they were made by someone else, Asics I think.

I like their new kits but why the red shorts again?

Because 2006 (their previous red short spell) was the club'd best short selling year.

And there are fans [granted, few] that actually prefer the red shorts as it shows more dynamism.

Barcelona, although playing with the stripes as muchas it can [taking them from 4 stripes each colour to half-and-half], is a pretty conservative club. It prolly won't accept lightnings like Hertha and such... and the shorts are way too non-interesting and identical each year.
So.. red it is :)

Back
Top Bottom