1892057-1.jpg

5.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

41.JPG

Well what about this one then?

89882040.jpg

Almost identical colour, and one dodgy keeper! :LOL:

Talking of Pompey, they wore their third kit at Brum tonight, though with socks from the away kit from the looks of it

89880422.jpg

Oh and Barça are wearing that horrible blue concoction at the top of the page at the mo against Man Citeh, they've paired it with red shorts and blue socks. Looks even more shocking!

Last edited:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8214819.stm

Video in the link

Southern League side Abingdon United are blaming the club's new bright yellow home shirt for attracting wasps after a player was stung during a game.

Striker Anaclet Odhiambo was the victim of the unwanted attention during the club's match against Frome this month.

"It's our new yellow tops," Odhiambo told BBC Oxford.

"It's a little bit too yellow. If the sun goes down a bit and there aren't as many bugs about we'll be alright. I've been to the doctors to get some cream."

Abingdon United manager Andy Slater also shares the view that the new brighter shade of yellow could be a magnet for insects.

"It certainly attracts a few wasps, that's for sure," he said. "I have to admit that Anaclet moved very quickly after the moment he was stung.

"The new shirt looks very smart but I hope it will sting us into a few results rather than stinging a few backs."

However, despite the claims from Northcourt Road, Dr George McGavin from Oxford University's Museum of Natural History says it is unlikely that the brightly coloured kit is the reason for the interest from wasps.

"Insects can see in colour, they have three-colour vision, but there is no evidence that wasps would be attracted to that," said McGavin.

"If you were an insect that was attracted to flowers then there is evidence that insects are drawn to that type of bright colour.

"In the case of the Abingdon strip I really don't think that there is a problem. They may attract small insects and flies but I suspect it was just the time of year when wasps are flying around.

"They may get a few beetles and aphids but I am sure it is quite safe."

oh well...great Lisandro...I'll miss him too :/
but I don't like the blue and red stripes on the shirt, its made from another fabric, which gives it a different look (the only reason)

Marseille played yesterday against Bordeaux at home with a 'special' white and black kit, written "Merci RLD" on it.

Marseille's football club president Jean-Claude Dassier presents on August 28, 2009 a jersey reading 'Merci RLD' (thanks to you RLD) in tribute to former owner of the club Robert Louis-Dreyfus who died last July, in Marseille, during a press conference. Marseille players will wear this jersey during the next L1 football match Marseille vs. Bordeaux on August 30.

90131372.jpg

Back
Top Bottom