New Kits

Well, some reports from Ligue 1 first week:

Boulogne, still waiting for a main sponsor, played with a white shirt written "Qui?" in front of it (Who?) - Looking for someone interesting on having its logo right there.

Since it is still forbidden to French clubs to have a bookmaker as a sponsor, Lyon had their kits with BetClic logo unauthorized to go to the pitch, and played without any sponsor.

And the third one, is that the referee of the Valenciennes-Nancy game did not allow Nancy to play with its brand new Chocolate/Marroon away kit, saying that it could clash with the Valenciennes red kit after the jerseys would get wet.

Without their third kits in hand, they had to play with a Valenciennes blue set, which was pretty uncomfortable since they didn't have the exact number for every player of the team.

What a start for the season...

Well, some reports from Ligue 1 first week:

Boulogne, still waiting for a main sponsor, played with a white shirt written "Qui?" in front of it (Who?) - Looking for someone interesting on having its logo right there.

Since it is still forbidden to French clubs to have a bookmaker as a sponsor, Lyon had their kits with BetClic logo unauthorized to go to the pitch, and played without any sponsor.
And the third one, is that the referee of the Valenciennes-Nancy game did not allow Nancy to play with its brand new Chocolate/Marroon away kit, saying that it could clash with the Valenciennes red kit after the jerseys would get wet.

Without their third kits in hand, they had to play with a Valenciennes blue set, which was pretty uncomfortable since they didn't have the exact number for every player of the team.

What a start for the season...
:SHOCK:
How do you get a club at that level doing things like that...

That's just plain silly. I didn't know Knob Styles went from being a Premier League ref to a Ligue 1 ref. Nancy's third kit is like a chocolate shade of brown which wouldn't clash with red, and if Valenciennes' shirts got wet, so too would Nancy's, which would turn into a darker brown and appear to be almost black.

I'd understand them being asked to change if they turned up in that kit to play the likes of Metz (maroon), but not red. Monaco should take note, what with their home and third kits having too much red and their white kit might be considered too similar due to Valenciennes having the complete Arsenal look to their kit (well, more Arsenal-like than Arsenal!).

Oh and as for Lyon they should have known better, I think gambling advertising got banned in France since the middle of the 05/06 season - seeing the Boulogne shirts reminded me of what Toulouse did to their sponsor due to that ban taking effect (the ???.com one).

Totally bonkers!

Reason #2340 why the French league is nowhere near the level of the English, Spanish and Italian leagues.

Now, during the dinosaurs age PSG and Marseille raped every1 in Europe during a couple of seasons, if i reckon.
But yeah, its a pretty silly thing to do in a professional league. They should get their facts straight.

Well well... Fluminense just released pictures from their new third kit...

Guess which are its colors?!

1290591-1207-it2.jpg

1290592-8712-ga.jpg

well, I kinda like the home kit of fluminense.. the red/green/white combination fits nice imo

but this third kit I think its kinda pointless, the home has the same colors on the shirt, and althought the shorts/socks are originally white, they often play with red cuz of the other teams kit

Nothing wrong at all with red and green together.

Anyway another new national team kit - Norn Iron away

_46198268_grantgoal466.jpg

_46198194_mcginn282.jpg

Oh yeah [anglophobic sarcasm] white and navy don't go well together [/anglophobic sarcasm] :P

Red and white play like shite, white and red (probably navy) there is a lot to be said.

Ok the poetry is shit but still that Flu third for me is really nice, even if it is pointless in functionality but as an continental shirt it could still serve a function. Just to mix things up, be shocked if another team in South America camre with the red and green and the white also wasn't usable.

Flu's third kit might look good but when the home kit is the same colours, albeit in stripes, it just ain't functional.

Anyways, I was going to post the pics of Vélez Sarsfield's new kits but decided not too as it might make too many people drool :COAT: :SMUG:

Seeing as Scunny's new home kit is claret and blue stripes I would think Boro would wear the home kit, though red isn't that distinguishable to be honest (Scunny's kit has claret sleeves for a start). Maybe a rare third kit will get used, though I doubt it, Boro never seem to have third kits do they?

Never did with Errea, might turn out to be a different story with adidas yet, we have to play Palace too if I remember rightly

I think you might be right about wearing red at Scunny though

Back
Top Bottom