New Kits

And here's a team who ditched Airness... Fulham away - PUB TEAM written all over it, it's a 2 year old Nike template!

fulham-09-10-away-nike-kit.jpg

Maybe they'd wished they'd stayed with Airness (shudder).

SE Palmeiras 3rd

0,,21505661-TN,00.jpg

2446335.jpg
I really really really hope thats not it
I liked the Savoy Cross emblem, and had really high spectations for that blue shirt
but that white thing is too ugly, too big.. if it were just a thin bar with the samsung in it, I think it'd be much nicer

just hope its a fake.. buying this blue shirt is on my plans, but only if it looks nice, of course..

Newcastle third kit

newcastle-united-09-10-third-adidas-kit-2.jpg

It's a strange one considering the amount of black on the home and when would they ever wear this kit, but it's a million times better than the "accident in a cheese factory" away kit. Besides that, blue and black stripes has typically been an away kit adopted by north east rivals Middesbrough, who, ironically, are wearing adidas this season. Would have been an ideal away kit for them!

It's decent, but when the home kit is 50% black it's rather superfluous. Worse than that, the back of the shirt is plain black, despite the fact that a white number is piss easy to see on blue and black stripes. Unless you're a myopic cunt working for UEFA, but this wouldn't apply when playing at the second tier would it?

Newcastle actually wore that strip today at Dundee United in a friendly, but wore it with blue change shorts and blue and white hooped socks, which made it look a very odd combination.

Last edited:
Newcastle third kit

newcastle-united-09-10-third-adidas-kit-2.jpg

It's a strange one considering the amount of black on the home and when would they ever wear this kit, but it's a million times better than the "accident in a cheese factory" away kit. Besides that, blue and black stripes has typically been an away kit adopted by north east rivals Middesbrough, who, ironically, are wearing adidas this season. Would have been an ideal away kit for them!

I like that sad look on the toons face. xD

AS Monaco new kits

Home
monaco-09-10-puma-kits.jpg

Away
monaco-09-10-puma-kits-2.jpg

Third
monaco-09-10-puma-kits-3.jpg

Fourth - definitely needed, they usually have four kits per season anyway. My guess is last season's sky blue away kit will be retained.

Monaco have done this several times in the past, but there have been occasions where they've had to introduce a fourth choice kit mid-season to avoid an unforeseen kit clash.

I can't think of any teams in Ligue 1 who wear a kit that any of these three kits would clash with, though seeing as French referees are as fussy as Knob Styles over colours I'd take a guess at a fourth kit being used at Valenciennes (given they have a Nike pub kit in the Arsenal style). They might well need a fourth kit for use in the cup, but seeing as they didn't qualify for Europe they haven't had the pressure from UEFA to adopt a distinguishable coloured change kit.

But yeah, plenty of superfluous away kits this season. Even third kits that are useless!

Last edited:
Monaco have had all-yellow and all-black away kits recently which looked a lot better than these and are more practical. But then again they used to play in Europe.

In the 07/08 season they had Puma V-Konstrukt change kits, one in red with white trim, and another in plain white, but they also wore a Puma V1.06 kit in black with a white arc on the back. If I remember rightly they weren't in Europe that season either, so you never know, a fourth kit will probably appear this time around.

Last season the sky blue away kit only got worn a couple of times, with the red V-Konstrukt kit getting used a few times, and a strange white Pub Team effort with a black collar, similar to the third kit but without the extra trim.

And if that's bad, in the 04/05 season they used a staggering SIX kits!

Back
Top Bottom