New Kits

he European arm of sportswear firm Canterbury has gone into administration with the loss of 72 jobs in the UK.

Canterbury Europe, based in Stockport, is best known for its rugby shirts, and supplies teams including the Scottish national side, Wasps and Leinster.

Administrators KPMG said the firm had been hit by tough trading and an "unsuccessful" move into other sports, including supplying Portsmouth FC.

All contracts with clubs had now been cancelled, KPMG said.

The clubs all now become unsecured creditors in relation to any money they are owed, it added.

Seeking buyers

"The European business will continue to trade under the administration whilst we try to find a buyer for the business and assets," said KPMG partner David Costley-Wood.

He added that the firm had also been hit by the weaker value of the pound increasing the cost of its imports from East Asia.

The firm will continue to employ 14 people while a buyer is found.

Canterbury's businesses outside Europe are unaffected, although KPMG added that the parent company, New Zealand-based Canterbury Group, was itself looking "for a potential acquirer or new investor".

Another kit manufacturer in the shit, though to be honest Canterbury wouldn't be missed in football, they were like another Lonsdale in my opinion.

Pompey in Nike pub team wear anyone?

Stoke City Home

0,,10310~6507687,00.jpg
0,,10310~6507653,00.jpg

West Ham United Home

prd_maxzoom_whfc-56814.jpg

prd_maxzoom_whfc-56889.jpg

I actually liked West Ham home

and Stoke City is nice too, although I think would be nicer if the white stripes were straight to the bottom, without that red..

Valenciennes home (Nike)
finally no more Diadora
In my opinion their 07/08 kits were pure class.. That was the last time Diadora released great templates.. The 08/09 one was good but just not enough while the 09/10 one, well, let's see when new pics of Standard Liege are out.. Is Standard Liege still with Diadora or are they supposed to change the manufacturer too?

Why are they using Arsenal kits? xD
Funk, I'll have to make some Nike templates then =P

Last edited:
In my opinion their 07/08 kits were pure class.. That was the last time Diadora released great templates.. The 08/09 one was good but just not enough while the 09/10 one, well, let's see when new pics of Standard Liege are out.. Is Standard Liege still with Diadora or are they supposed to change the manufacturer too?

I quite like simplicity of this new diadora template. But I believe it's Dinamo Zagreb's unique (at least it's supposed to be).

400_dinamo_plavi_front.jpg
400_dinamo_plavi_back.jpg

400_dinamo_zlatni_front.jpg
400_dinamo_zlatni_back.jpg

This would be generic template, the one Standard Liege is using:

400_dinamo_tamnoplavi_front.jpg
400_dinamo_tamnoplavi_back.jpg

Yes, I think home and away use a special template made on purpose for Dinamo maybe..
And yes, the third kit is the only one using the "default" Diadora template..

To be honest I'm not too keen on that default template but well, let's see ;)

I posted a pic from the same match a few posts up :SMUG:
I didn't realise the Cabrini sponsorship was only for 1 year - not sure what to make of the new (local) one...
I think there was probably something in the contract that stated if we got relegated the sponsorship with Carbrini would break. KRBS is also Gillingham sponsor isn't it? :LOL:

Oh, and those new nike balls look shit.

It'd be so muc better if Carlsberg wasn't in dark green. I know it's a traditional Pool colour and it's Carlsberg's main colour but it looks crap.

Kind of reminds me of the kit Shakhtar wore in the Champions League a few seasons ago, though knowing Nike they probably fucked the back of the shirt up.

Shakhtar away and gk

22396__max_gal.jpg

22403__max_gal.jpg

----------------------

Zenit wear nike in next season. on the rumors same temp like away Arsenal. home white with light blue detals, away dark blue with light blue detals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom