New Kits

This is important to all Kit Makers out there.

The PUMA shirt of Sporting CP is a controversial case in which both brands suck big time (Puma sucking is a surprise to me, Sporting CP marketing sucking is not :)).

This is the OFFICIAL SHIRT AS WORN BY SPORTING CP TEAM. This is the one kitmakers should focus on (although the sleeves are impossible to do).

prova1camisolausadaoficilamentebd6.jpg

And this is the CRAP SOLD FOR 65€ AS BEING A "REPLICA" OF THE ABOVE and also the one shirt previously posted here as the Sporting CP 06/07 kit but is not.

prova2rplicacomercializadauw2.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6083/prova1camisolausadaoficilamentebd6.jpg

A shite brand manufacturer for a small club, what do you want? :)

No money no funny! (no adidas and nike) :lol:

Fact is: Puma is the third biggest sportswear-manufacturer behind adidas and Nike, surpassed the latters income in recent years actually.

The "shites" in your ... nah, let's rather walk the path of peace here. ;)

SPiTFiRE said:
A shite brand manufacturer for a small club, what do you want? :)

No money no funny! (no adidas and nike) :lol:

evil spitfire, dummy comment ... :)

PUMA is ONLY the World Cup champion brand :D
And I remember you being the first one posting the Sporting CP kits in this thread and saying they were cool. ;)

But I agree that PUMA + Sporting is a major turndown, I expected a lot more from them, but probably it's more a Sporting CP responsability than Puma's, it's up to the club do demand quality.

OPM:
It's not only the sleeves. Check it out:

- the green lines in the OFFICIAL go all the way, they cross the sleeves, in the "replica" the lines in the sleeves are independent from the main body ones.

- in the official shirt it's a single piece of cloth, in the "Replica" sleeves are independent from the main body.

- even the logos and badges are presented in different locations: in the official one they are understandably over a green line, so they can stand out, in the "replica" they appear over a white line, making the PUMA logo fade completely.

The funny thing is that PUMA even publicized a third!! shirt, which they identified as a "Prototype" and used it in advertising and it's used on the season tickets Sporting CP campaign. This one has embroided logos and looks more similar to the "replica" than to the official shirt.

Check that third!!! shirt here :):

So it's total confusion and lack of respect for the costumers. As for editing ppl should focus on the OFFICIAL one since that's the one players really use.

Mauras said:
evil spitfire, dummy comment ... :)

PUMA is ONLY the World Cup champion brand :D
And I remember you being the first one posting the Sporting CP kits in this thread and saying they were cool. ;)

Yes that's true as I said in my last post, Reebok just sucks Puma is much better but Puma will be always a 3rd choice for manufacture a top club and for me Umbro is better than Puma. ;)

Mauras said:
But I agree that PUMA + Sporting is a major turndown, I expected a lot more from them, but probably it's more a Sporting CP responsability than Puma's, it's up to the club do demand quality.

Being a designer and having to deal with clients, i can tell you it's probably Sportings fault.

For example: Benfica's centenary logo wasn't that great. A friend of mine knows the designer that did that logo, and he said he had better designs proposed to the club, but they picked that one.

Dealing with clients in design issues is a nightmare... :D

airjoca said:
Being a designer and having to deal with clients, i can tell you it's probably Sportings fault.

For example: Benfica's centenary logo wasn't that great. A friend of mine knows the designer that did that logo, and he said he had better designs proposed to the club, but they picked that one.

Dealing with clients in design issues is a nightmare... :D

Yep mate but the problem here isn't design, it's honesty.
The issue here isn't if Sporting (shite) marketing dept picked the best shirt or logo from an assortment, the issue is they are selling a replica that is actually scandalously different from the original.

The official shirt is indeed cool in design. Of course the lack of embroided logos is for me a "Low quality" option but I noticed Puma is doing that in many shirts. But selling a replica for 65 euros that is so different from the original is a ripp off.

I already sent a request for explanations from PUMA and Sporting, I got a poor reply from PUMA filled with inconsistent reasons (eg: they said if they produced the official to be sold to fans it would cost 100 eur per shirt and they also said EVERY BRAND sells replicas with inferior quality when compaired to the official ones, this last argument is very suspicious) and I didn't even get any reply at all from Sporting.

I sen't the case to sport media and sites and I will also fill a complaint in Sporting CP's fanlab (which I suspect might be the most efficient action).

PS - Airjoca as you can see I am as big pain in the ass with benfica as I am against my own Sporting. ;)

curswine said:
I normally don't like 'classic' looking shirts, but Sampdoria looks nice and simple and could even be worn for everyday wear.

Here is a really nice shirt, Palmeiras 3rd...
389340-2502-cp.jpg

produtos%5CP09292_001z1.jpg
That's a kit i liked it a lot but we won't use it so many times this season. Also what a fuck this 5-1 loss today, fucking Santos, fucking Zé Roberto, damn fags.

tonikboy said:
cheers
so simple,but so beautiful
About Samp kits, i loved it, i just don't like the GK Shirt, because the end of the collar looks like it's on the chest not in the neck.

070906_samarretaunicef_dif3.jpg

El logo, sólo garantizado durante el primer año

El acuerdo Barça-Unicef es por cinco años pero la inclusión del emblema en la camiseta se debe negociar año a año

Aunque el club cerrase un acuerdo con un sponsor convencional, los proyectos de ayuda a los niños seguirían vigentes

El Barça aportará cada año a Unicef el 0,7 por ciento de su presupuesto, alrededor de 1,5 millones de euros

Back
Top Bottom