NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3

Next Thursday/Friday I should finally have this game.

Dear Mr Olodude,

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for NBA 2K8 is now being processed. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive NBA 2K8, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

:D\\:o/:applause::):8):

really feel sry for u guys. i dont understand why games take so long to go from us to eu and vice versa. ive had the game since launch here (canada).

anyways cant wait to play some of u guys online.

GAME still haven't sent mine yet, it better come 2morow!

I'm going to phone around if people have it I'll go buy it today and then when my copy comes in the post get rid of one, I'm that desperate!

EDIT: VICTORY!

HMV have it, £40 though but I don't really care, I'm getting the game today!!!

really feel sry for u guys. i dont understand why games take so long to go from us to eu and vice versa. ive had the game since launch here (canada).

anyways cant wait to play some of u guys online.

Hi everyone,

I have ordered it on www.dvdboxoffice.com for 45€ + free shipping on November 19th.
It's canadian and I'm from Paris (France), I hope I'll get it next week !!

the_thing is this website fast on deliveries?

There are folks from France on the 2K forums who have the game and they bought it in France.

GAME have just posted my copy.

I know Tobi but in France the game is 60-65€ ^^
And I can wait for a 15-20€ difference :)...

Oh, I understand.

I got the game today, I started a 2nd quick match but now I can't control my players, I can only control 1 player.

It was fine in the first game but since then its been like this and its really pissing me off.

What am I doing wrong?

I think I'm stuck in off the ball controls.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have ordered it on www.dvdboxoffice.com for 45€ + free shipping on November 19th.
It's canadian and I'm from Paris (France), I hope I'll get it next week !!

the_thing is this website fast on deliveries?
oh, i didnt get my game from that website. i got mine from a store here in canada. the game was released quite awhile ago here.

@tobi: thats a little odd, never happened to me before. but then i dont use off the ball controls as much as i should (except the get open button).

I've sorted it out, Player Lock was on that was the problem.

Hi Tobi,
Is the game looking better than the demo?
I find the demo with lot of aliasing but the animations are the best...the demo of Live08 is wayyyy too arcadish.
Also I didn't notice the difficulty to score layups and close shoots as some sites mentionned.
The only thing is that Lebron James is Like Adriano in PES6 :D
Lot of monster dunks on me defending with Tim Duncan :)

Hi Tobi,
Is the game looking better than the demo?
I find the demo with lot of aliasing but the animations are the best...the demo of Live08 is wayyyy too arcadish.
Also I didn't notice the difficulty to score layups and close shoots as some sites mentionned.
The only thing is that Lebron James is Like Adriano in PES6 :D
Lot of monster dunks on me defending with Tim Duncan :)

The game looks slightly better than the demo on my SD TV.

A lot of the text is still virtually unreadable though on my TV.

I'm not having any issues scoring lay ups in the full game.

I've played the Cavs and Lebron had a couple of monster dunks against me, I'm still getting used to defending.

Can someone tell me how to setup alley oop passes...

The game looks slightly better than the demo on my SD TV.

A lot of the text is still virtually unreadable though on my TV.

I'm not having any issues scoring lay ups in the full game.

I've played the Cavs and Lebron had a couple of monster dunks against me, I'm still getting used to defending.

Can someone tell me how to setup alley oop passes...

L trigger on xbox, you have to adjust the sliders to enjoy this game. let me guys know if you want the settings i have... and tobi you need to get an HDTV to get the most out of this, there should be some sick deals this xmas season...

I'll try that later thanks.

What are your settings? Also I need some major help with defending, I'm 2-4 with the Suns in Association, my offense is OK but my defense is worrying, I just lost 64-96 to Miami for goodness sake!

I'm looking for a job at the moment if I get one in this week then I'll be able to get a HDTV before Xmas if not then I'll have to wait till early January when my next Uni payment comes.

I'll try that later thanks.

What are your settings? Also I need some major help with defending, I'm 2-4 with the Suns in Association, my offense is OK but my defense is worrying, I just lost 64-96 to Miami for goodness sake!

I'm looking for a job at the moment if I get one in this week then I'll be able to get a HDTV before Xmas if not then I'll have to wait till early January when my next Uni payment comes.

ok mate, try running the 2-3 zone this forces the cpu to take outside shots,
check out this awesome website, http://www.sportsgamer.com/sports/basketball/

they give you tips on how to run certain plays and how to defend..., i found these sliders give a lot of free throws, so you might want to adjust that, i also made it easier to dunk because i couldnt dunk for shit on the below sliders... playing hte game at default really sucks, i highly suggest the sliders

LEVEL SUPER STAR
8 Minutes
Sub Method-Fatigue
Player Clutch Factor (ON)
Speed-45.............(This is for Quick games/In Season Mode I use 42)
Player Speed-60....(I've been using this in my test games during season mode)
FT Difficult-50
Real FT%-I like having the players actual ratings be more involved

NBA RULES
Charging–90
Blocking–80
Reaching-80
Shooting-80
Loose Ball-100

USER/CPU

GAME SLIDERS

SHOOTING
Close Shot Success–50/44
Mid Range Success–48/46
3PT Success–52/48
Dunk Success–46/46
Layup Success–50/44
Dunks in Traffic–10/10

DEFENSE
Steal Success–75/75
Collision Sensitivity–80/80
Pick Success–70/70
Pick strength–55/55

ATTRIBUTES
Stealing–65/60
Blocking–30/30
Ball Handling–35/35
Dunk Ability–35/30
Off. Awareness–50/50
Def. Awareness–50/50
Off. Rebounding–50/50
Def. Rebounding–60/45
Chance of Injury-55/55
Injury Effects–55/55
Clutch Factor–25/25
Fatigue Rate–52/52

TENDENCIES
Shoots Inside–50/50
Shoots Mid-Range–50/70
Shoots 3pt–50/50
Attacks the Basket–50/40
Attempts Dunks–55/55
Back to the Basket–50/40
Uses Triple Threat–50/50
Shoots Hook Shots–40/40.........(This is a lost art in the NBA today)
Attempts Putbacks–50/50
Throws Flashy Passes–15/15
Commits Fouls–80/80
Plays Passing Lanes–50/50
Atts on Ball Steals–65/65........(I like to see guy's like Bruce Bowen & Raja Bell more aggressive)
Contest Shots–65/50..............(This helps my guy's function better on their own)
Uses Sizeup Moves–50/50

thanks for the sliders gomito, gonna try them later. do you guys know how i can make some moves with my point guard like crossovers or other tricks?

its really difficult to penetrate into the zone.

Thanks gomito, I'll change my sliders tonight and check out that website.

Ernestito I changed the controller setup to Alternative B, it changes the right analogue stick to the dribble stick.

I found this thread on the 2K forums, it includes links to some very helpful You Tube videos.

i'm getting crazy here, nothing works. i simply cant defend. first half over, wizards have already 70 points. i just cant handle with the ball and create a good shoot opportunity. and there is also foul trouble. i need to find a way to defend.

i'm getting crazy here, nothing works. i simply cant defend. first half over, wizards have already 70 points. i just cant handle with the ball and create a good shoot opportunity. and there is also foul trouble. i need to find a way to defend.

go to that website mate, it teaches you how to run plays, do post up moves, and do the crossover moves and stuff, just look around on the site

i'm checking the videos now, its very good and now my defence improved a bit. now i need to learn the offence. the most difficult thing is that i dont know how to create shoots for pierce and allen (playing with the celtics). garnett is doing all on his own.

i'm checking the videos now, its very good and now my defence improved a bit. now i need to learn the offence. the most difficult thing is that i dont know how to create shoots for pierce and allen (playing with the celtics). garnett is doing all on his own.

post up peirce(hold left trigger on xbox 360), and set some screens with ray allen(look at the playbooks), i havent mastered the screens yet, but one tip, if you pass down low then get wait a sec, the man who passed the ball down low should be open for the Jumper, kick it back out and shoot, it seems these go in alot more when the man on the outside is shooting

this game pisses me off, i cant express my feelings, i am really angry. nothing works, nothing!!! garnett is under the basket ALONE and those fucking layups are not going into the basket. the opponent makes fadeaways, three pointers, layups and every single shot is going in. this cant be the sense of a game and i am playing on all star, cant imagine whats gonna happen when i play on hall of fame.

Back
Top Bottom