NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3

Re: NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3 - GAMESPOT REVIEW IN!

For me it will be an improvement over all the Live game I've played in the past, I look forward to it.

Looking forward to this game but hesitating. Loved 2K7 and never tried Live series since NBA Live 2005.

I hope this one will be great !

If someone who got it can make a small review it'll be nice.

On the 2k forums there are loads of threads saying that the game is delayed in Europe until November. I hope its not true.

Play.com and some others are still saying Friday.

new release date for 360 is 2nd november and for ps3 23rd november. this is what i read in german shops and forums.

keep your game 2ksports, i am so pissed off.

I don't see what could hold the game up?

i dont know mate. same gameplay, same rosters but we have to wait much longer. probably shipping issues, i think they want to save money.

There just lazy, NBA Live was out in Europe n the US day n date.

or maybe there smart enough not to release the game the sam time as fifa and pro evo....

The game was never going to challenge those games anyway, its not like they advertise the game in Europe or even America.

The game was never going to challenge those games anyway, its not like they advertise the game in Europe or even America.

huh? its all over the place here... tv, internet, right now on the top page of evo web is a 2k8 add..... there both sports games so its definatley competetion...

On the 2K forums there were loads of people who were moaning and saying that the promos didn't start until a day or two before the game was released.

I'm going to email play.com and ask if its still due for Friday.

Amazon UK are saying Nov 30, Gameplay are saying Nov 2nd.

Last edited:
1up gave the game an 8.5

I'm looking forward to this as much as the next man but, I don't see what it matters if the game has been put back a week, or until late November for that matter. The NBA season hasn't even started yet. It's not like football games where you get them a month or two after the season starts.

When you put it like that you do have a point, is it too much to ask for a day n date release though?

In the demo I'm finding hard to score simple lay ups, is the final game like this also?

When you put it like that you do have a point, is it too much to ask for a day n date release though?

In the demo I'm finding hard to score simple lay ups, is the final game like this also?

I guess it was never meant to come out in October, maybe 2K sports were ahead of schedule with the game and got a bit ahead of themselves. You are right though, more developers should give a date and stick to it. So many games being put back right now.

I found the demo to be quite slow in the response times of the players. Not a slick as 2K7, but hopefully this has been sorted for release.

sometimes it is, but not all the time. you miss some easy layups but then you will make a ridonkulous drvie to the hoop. the game is still fucking awesome, and the association mode is so deep its unreal

GAME are now saying 2/11/07.

6 days to go!

EDIT,

CCBaxter said:
Well, I went into my local GAME store here in the UK and, yup, they have a whole box of 'em. But they wouldn't sell one to me because it isn't "officially" out until next Friday. So I'm thinking basically, the distributor couldn't guarantee that all the shops would get them yesterday, so they moved the date - and then they did get them on time. So frustrating.

God forbid a game was released on any other day than a Friday, like say, I don't know, the very next day? Society would crumble, there'd be riots and likely some sort of apocalypse. Right? RIGHT???!!

Probably some of you can find independent shops that don't stick to these release dates as strictly as big companies like GAME. And of course, other European companies don't give a damn about sticking to them. And, in this case, why should they?

Oh well, nothing to do now but wait. Unless anyone knows of an online shop that sends out pre-orders as soon as they get them.

I'm phoning my local GAME now...

The first GAME don't have...phoning the second store...

Both stores are saying next week, phoning Gamestation n HMV now...

Gamestation don't have it, HMV say Nov 16.

Last edited:
I've bought this game a week and a half ago!
The game is amazing! the graphics are so cool..
About the game itself I can't even talk.. It's amazing...
I recommend you all to buy this game :)

Dear Mr Olodude

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

Order number(s):

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for NBA 2K8 has changed to 23-Nov-2007. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

Don't worry, your order is still live and will be despatched prior to its release date via your chosen method of delivery.

WTF!?!?

That is very annoying, the PS3 n 360 games got released on the same day in the US.

The game is already on sale in France, Holland, Spain and Germany.

2K why?

Since my last basketball was NBA 2K2 on DC, I want to try nextgen basketball. But is it a difficult game ? What are the modes ? Teams, etc ?
If it's too complicated, it's not for me.

I've cancelled my GAME order and gone with Gameplay, they assured me its released this Friday.

2K8 definately isn't this Friday on PS3.

:sad:

I have a funny feeling the 360 version won't be coming out this Friday after all. I've had it on pre-order from play.com for weeks. They would have despatched it by now if it is out Friday. But I checked my order and it still says 'pre-ordered'.

I can't wait much longer for this game.

Back
Top Bottom