NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Gonna keep looking. I looked online in my only local game store, Game. They have it in stock. Just not in my town apparently :(

Best sports game ever to me without a doubt. It has its bad things as any game out therehas always had, but really the ammount of talent and good decisions in the making of this game are staggering and a good example to follow.

They will have to make something very very special for 2k12 to top this.

Its surpassed MLB 10 The Show for me.

Best sports game ever to me without a doubt. It has its bad things as any game out therehas always had, but really the ammount of talent and good decisions in the making of this game are staggering and a good example to follow.

They will have to make something very very special for 2k12 to top this.

Ok, i mean i've literally heard 0 complaints :CONFUSE:

If a videogame was a women then NBA2K11 would be Aishwarya Rai.Too bad I'm so fucking shit at it because it's real jewel.The most complete sports game I've ever seen.
I can't finish matches because I cannot stop watching replays since it's so beautiful.Am I the only one who does that ?

Found mine (on 360) in Game for £39.99 on Friday afternoon.

I can't finish matches because I cannot stop watching replays since it's so beautiful.Am I the only one who does that ?
I do always look at the press pack stills and watch the signature reels of my starters after the game.

If a videogame was a women then NBA2K11 would be Aishwarya Rai.Too bad I'm so fucking shit at it because it's real jewel.The most complete sports game I've ever seen.

Wow, she's ugly.

At the end of matches I just keep looking at the signature highlights and pressbook, especially because I'm playing with the classic Bulls 99% of the time, so Jordan Highlights just make me drool, I feel like I'm having sex with the game... :LOL:

This def surpasses any sports title I have played. I feel like I have only just scratched the surface but its just an amazing experience. I wanna do one season with the lakers but then start a new franchise with a lower ranked side.

Got the game a couple days ago and boy, it actually is all it's cracked up to be and then some.

It is however hard as fuck for those like me who haven't bought a basketball game in a while (been playing on Pro/Sim), some minor tweaks are needed for Association mode and you gotta fine tune it through sliders depending on how many minutes per quarter you're willing to play if you're shooting for realistic stats but it's got so much content and so much depth it really makes it all worth the while and you can tell that the guys who made this game REALLY love basketball.

This game truly puts those clowns at EA (FIFA, Madden and Elite developers above all) to shame. I'm SO glad Elite bombed cause 2k sports definitely deserves all the sales they can get.

And I thought I was the only freak around here that watched the signature highlights of every single match...

@Klashman: The game has its faults, definitely, as any other game out there. There's little fairness when the minimum contact will stop your player or make him bounce yet the cpu sometimes manages to go through your entire deffense and score. But, there are sliders there, so you can customize the game to suit you. And other very small things here and there, of course. And last year myPlayer was great but full of bugs and logical flaws. But I haven't been there.

But I tell you, footy games are light years ahead of this. Truly. I feel I play basketball, but then I play Fifa or PES and it's just a mediocre videogame. The developer have balls, mind you, they have released a game with SIMULATION settings by default, very difficult and with more complex control and mechanics than before. And they are selling out! Something EA could really learn...

Now info about my ongoing association for those interested (if any):
I ended my trades in my Association and have a quite good Memphis team. I didn't want to change the starters at all:
Conley,Majo,Gay,Randolph,Gasol

So I focused on strengthening my bench, that after everything I've done looks like:
Shannon Brown, Dudley, Korver, Illiasova, Thiago Splitter.

The game is unforgiving, though. Playing 11 minutes per quarter, it's a very let down when you end up losing in the last seconds, as I did against the Timberwolves (102-100). I missed the last shot (I got nervous and did a wrong move and completely messed the play).

Then I played the Laker at the Staples. I was 5 down at halftime. Then in the 3 quarter Bryant decided to destroy me and finished the quarter 22 down! A complete masacre. I asked my player for a last effort and put myself as a target to loose by 10 points maximum. I managed to do it, though Bryant made it to 12 at the last second. I hate him now officially. Cunt. He was splendid with 34 points. Idiot.

Now I have to win some matches and raise the team chemistry a little more. Brown is playing very well. His athletic prowess is perfect to make fast breaks. I upped a lot the quickness of my style of play and suits me better now, though sometimes I make the game go crazy.

I've witnessed some incredible blocks, in the sense of realism and spectacularity. I awesomely blocked Gasol with his brother. Felt good. ;)

Is that Jared Dudley? What did you give up for him?

Also how are you using Mike Conley?

Jared and Korver are money from the 3PT line.

How have they done to have so many different styles of play for many players ? It just can't be about motion capturing everyone can it ? They must have found a way to make their players so close to their real life counterparts in terms of animations and all without mo-cap

But I tell you, footy games are light years ahead of this.

Behind. :)

Indeed it is. I spent a couple of hours today playing FIFA11 online. The matches went like this:

- I lost some games against people who keep crossing ALL the time and/or ping pong all the time.
- Almost every time I was ahead near the end they disconnect.
- After every close match I played, I chose "rematch", they always declined.
- I only played one game against someone who was actually playing or trying to play proper football. However, when I went up 3-1, disconnect.

So I think 2K11 will get most of my playing time.

@Klashman: The game has its faults, definitely, as any other game out there. There's little fairness when the minimum contact will stop your player or make him bounce yet the cpu sometimes manages to go through your entire deffense and score. But, there are sliders there, so you can customize the game to suit you. And other very small things here and there, of course. And last year myPlayer was great but full of bugs and logical flaws. But I haven't been there.

But I tell you, footy games are light years ahead of this. Truly. I feel I play basketball, but then I play Fifa or PES and it's just a mediocre videogame. The developer have balls, mind you, they have released a game with SIMULATION settings by default, very difficult and with more complex control and mechanics than before. And they are selling out! Something EA could really learn...

Lightyears behind you mean :LOL:

I mean this game looks great, the feedback is great, i have my loan in sight now so, i mean I'd like to play it but i can't see myself putting much time into it. 100% agree that FIFA and PES can learn so much from this game!

it doesn't just get the gameplay right apparently, it gets the atmosphere and everything else, even the small details right!

So that tactic, with one player staying near the basket for everyone to feed of, do teams use that in real life?

Well, isolations are one of the main tactics for specific moments of the game, specially when your player is quicker, stronger or just plain beter than his match.

@Tobi- Yep, the same Dudley. But for some reason I've been struggling greatly with my Grizzlies. After losing with the lakers I went on to lose by 7 points against Golden State Warriors. They totally destroyed my deffense and Korver and Dudley has 1/18 in 3 pointers. Don't know if it's me or the game making it difficult "artificially" (typical association, may change some sliders), but I can't hit a 3pointer to save my life. And most of them where open shots.

Have to practice a lot more, though, I'm still quite crap at defending, specially 1vs1.

For the time being I'm shooting with Real Player %.

With defending I just try and stay in front of my guy (depends on who it is though) and keep an eye on where the bigs are.

I'm enjoying more the solo mode than the typical one where you command the entire team.I need to learn more about the tactics

Reading here, the game sounds amazing.
I'm disappointed with FIFA11, felt like a step back from the world cup game. And I'm not considering PES.

I need a sports game to keep me going for the year. I don't watch basketball at all and have no knowledge whatsover of the sport, but I'm considering this.

I know this is just being picky, but is there a way to turn of the circle indicator on the players feet? I feel those are unnecessary as I can clearly see who has the ball. Even in footy games I would turn off the cursor at least when I have ball possession if there was an option to do so.

You can turn off the player indicator but not the circle, I could be wrong though.

Playing "My Player", my game freezes when I want to practise.
I'm week nov 21-27. I just received
a 2nd Jordan contract.

Is it a known bug ? Since I'm playing offline, is there a way to fix this ?

Back
Top Bottom