MMA thread

:LOL:

I thought MMA looked down on Sports Entertainment?

Really looking forward to that though, still annoyed about Hendricks not getting a decision and you have to wonder how the judges will score this fight if it goes the distance.

Good decision by GSP. There is no need to fight if your head is not in it. I can see him making a comeback in a couple years like Mayweather though.

Can't believe what happened in the main event.

If he hadn't have fucked about in the first fight this one would never have happened.

I really hope he doesn't go out like this but with his age and what he has achieved why would he want to go through rehab and stuff to come back and fulfil his contract?

If he does retire though he will still go out as the best fighter MMA has seen imo but its such a shame that it might have ended like this.

Gutted.

I agree that his legacy is secure as the greatest of all time (so far) but I also think Weidman had the better of him.

I hope he returns, apparantly he went straight into surgery and should be able to train in 8-9 months which is a question he asked was "So how long till I can train again"

Great Co-Main too! ROUSEY IS A BEAST! 'Bad Reputation' :LOL:

The prelims, undercard and co-main delivered. Main event was a dud though so ufc 168 gets a 7/10 from me.

Trujillo v Varner was excellent! :D

Awesome fight. Worst prelims ever though. Aldo continues to put on snoozefights. Time for him to go up in weight. The main event was terrible. WTF was that? Someone needs to get their eyes checked.

UFC 171 - Average Show with a great Main Event.

UFC Welterweight Championship - Johnny Hendricks vs Robbie Lawler - 9.5/10

Average event indeed but I wouldn't even say the main was great. Maybe a 7/10 for the main, actual event was 4/10.

UFC Fight Night 38 was a good event. A lot of finishes which is always a good thing. That said, there were a few things I don`t agree with.

Main Event: Shogun vs Henderson II 8/10:))

Possible Ronda Rousey opponent Cris Cyborg was in action against Jorina Baars in a Muay Thai fight at Lion Fight 14. You need to see this fight!

Lion Fight 14: Jorina Baars vs Cris Cyborg:APPLAUD:

Surprised how much Meltzer covers MMA on his site. I know he attends a lot of UFC events but didn`t know that he talks about it in his radio shows. I thought he was strictly pro wrestling when it came to those. That said, I don`t think his MMA coverage is good. I think I`ll stick to my playlists on YouTube.

Nice main event for UFC FN 39 :)

UFC 39 was a good show. I defn recommend it. Didn`t see the undercard but 3 of the 4 fights on the main card delivered.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Roy Nelson:SHOCK:

I also recommend Bellator 116. A lot of entertaining fights on that show. If you're new to Bellator check out the Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler fights. Those two will get you into it. Avoid Ben Askren fights though.

Last edited:
UFC 39 was a good show. I defn recommend it. Didn`t see the undercard but 3 of the 4 fights on the main card delivered.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Roy Nelson:SHOCK:

I also recommend Bellator 116. A lot of entertaining fights on that show. If you're new to Bellator check out the Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler fights. Those two will get you into it. Avoid Ben Askren fights though.

I've never liked Nelson, pretty much a lump who just ducks his head and swings with no technique or style as such.

But damn, can't deny he has unbelievable power. Completely took apart Nogueira! :SHOCK:

I'll try to watch Bellator tomorrow. Only ever watched 1-2 events a long, long time ago.

Aye. Nelson has quite the beard on him as well. He's like a better version of Tank Abbott.

UFC TUF Nations was an average show.

Main Event: Bisping vs Kennedy: 4/10

UFC on Fox was a pretty good show. I would recommend both the prelims and main card.

Main Event: Werdum vs Browne: 7/10

Next weekend we have Jones vs Glover. Should be a good test for Jones.

UFC 172 was a good show. The UFC continues their streak of good shows despite lacking supposed 'star power' on them. I think it will do a little bit over 300,000 buys.

Main Event: Jones vs Glover 6.5/10

Dominating performance by Jones. He really mauled Glover in this fight and took his best stuff as well. Jones needs to stop with open palm reach with his fingers extended. He's been doing this for years. Looks like Gus is next. The main under-card and prelims delivered. Some great finishes and one of the best 1 punch KO's you will ever see. Worst performance I have ever seen from Phil Davis. The guy talked a lot crap leading up to this fight and got humbled.

I never saw it with Phil Davis, just never impressed to see him as an elite fighter.

Rockhold was very impressive again.

Ya, all Davis has is his wrestling. When that doesn't work he has no plan B. I can see him getting cut in a few years like Shields as he doesn't put on entertaining fights. Luke has always been a good well rounded fighter. Not sure if he'll ever be elite though.

Back
Top Bottom