MMA thread

Quite like both fighters but would be funny to see Cormier give Jones a beating.

I was stunned when JBJ threw a punch, wasn't expecting that at all.

Not been shocked like that since Paul Daley Koscheck.

Saw that. Don't know if it's staged or not but it is certainly generating more interest in the fight. A lot of casuals don't know who Cormier is so this can only help PPV buys.

It will definitely help to shift the PPV but would they risk their reputation and their champions reputation for 1 pay day?

Building it from a shoving match as you usually see i can understand but actually throwing punches is the next level.

Not one part of it at all did and favours for MMA, and doesn't make sense to me to stage it.

It will definitely help to shift the PPV but would they risk their reputation and their champions reputation for 1 pay day?

Building it from a shoving match as you usually see i can understand but actually throwing punches is the next level.

Not one part of it at all did and favours for MMA, and doesn't make sense to me to stage it.

Don't underestimate Dana. He's done WWE shit in the past, especially on his ultimate fighter reality shows.

Dana's not an idiot. UFC 'doing WWE Shit' is one of the marketing techniques which helped take UFC off to the heights its hit.

DC is a huge pro wrestling fan so I could see how this type of build coming from his side, im just surprised Jones was the one to throw the punch and be more so on the offensive trash talking route.

Ya, DC is cool. I have the podcasts for him and Bonnar when they were on Steve Asutin's podcast. Haven't listened to them yet though.

Matt Bocek is done with MMA as he claims that 90% percent of the fighters are on PEDS. So if the trains with 10 guys that means...:SHOCK:

The fight most anticipated fight of the year: Jones vs DC is Postponed to Jan 3 because of Jones Leg Injury.

Gustafsson says he'll be ready by Jan 3 and wants the fight instead of DC. https://www.facebook.co/AlexTheMaul...02399839839825

I just heard the news that Jones is injured and the fight is rescheduled to January 3????
Until then, I will be more than ready, it was MY fight to begin with and I WANT the fight as the number 1 contender. End of story!

UFC 177 might just be the worst ppv card on paper that I ever seen. This card better be on fight pass.

T.J. Dillashaw (c) vs. Renan Barão
Bethe Correia vs. Shayna Baszler
Tony Ferguson vs. Danny Castillo
Ramsey Nijem vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
Lorenz Larkin vs. Derek Brunson
Ruslan Magomedov vs. Richard Odoms
Yancy Medeiros vs. Justin Edwards
Ruan Potts vs. Anthony Hamilton
Scott Jorgensen vs. Henry Cejudo
Joe Soto vs. Anthony Birchak

:LMAO:

The last bit from Cormier was brilliant :D

Yeah its quality.

The more that comes out about these 2 the more I'm disliking Jones and I'm hoping Cormier smashes him.

At least the postponement gives Cormier a full training camp stint now.

UFC Fight Night 48: Avg show that was saved by the last two fights. The Woodley fight and Bisping vs Le fight are defn worth a watch.

Haven`t seen Fight Night 49 yet but heard it was really good.

UFC 177 was a pretty good show despite the lack of star power. Didn`t see the prelims but check out every fight on the main card. Soto deserves a ton of credit for taking the TJ fight on short notice.

Eddie Alvarez is finally in the UFC and fights Donald Cerrone at UFC 178. Also, Mark Hunt vs Roy Nelon at UFC Fight Night Japan = slugfest:BOP:

Another good showing for the UFC. As far as good shows go they are ahead of boxing this year. UFC Fight Night 50 was good card and defn worth a watch.

Time for Reem to think about retiring. The guy has been knocked out 12 times if you include his kickboxing career. His glass jaw could lead to him some serious brutal KO losses as his career winds down. He`s not getting any younger

Last edited:
UFC Fight 51 and 52 delivered in a big way, especially the main events featuring heavyweights. You need to see both of these cards. UFC continues its run of good cards.

His catfight antics with Chael over recent years have been funny but a tad sad.

probably should have called it quite sooner.

True. You can say the same thing about a lot of other fighters in not only MMA, but boxing as well when youre talk about guys sticking around too long. A lot of it has to due with the money. Tough to find the same pay in another profession for a lot of these guys.

Can't wait for this weekends card.

Firstly the long awaited return of Dominic Cruz!!!!!! I've missed watching him, what a brilliant unorthodox fighter. Never seen a guy throw combos like he does.

DJ's always a great watch, Cerrone Alvarez should be a corker as well and especially looking forward to McGregor Poirer.

McGregor certainly knows how to build a fight and Poirer has fell for it hook line and sinker judging by the embedded and press conference videos.

I'm even looking forward to the weigh ins now :LOL:

Last edited:
Never even thought of that.

That fight, on this card would have been fucking unreal and would have been the best event they have ever put together!!

Also looking forward to the Cruz fight. I was a fan of his before he got to the UFC. Last time I saw him fight in person was in 2011 against Faber at the MGM. Dude is not only fast with his hands, but with his whole body. I remember his footwork being really good in that fight as well.

His combos and footwork are unreal, switching stance mid combo and with kicks as well as punches. It would be a fucking nightmare having him come at you, you wouldn't have a clue what angle stuffs coming or what he's gonna throw :LOL:

WEC was the shit, so many exiting fighters fought in that

Last edited:
Great event!!!

Cruz is back!!!! give him a title shot asap and let him show that Dillashaw is a poors mans Cruz.

Zingano looked great, im looking foward to her fight with Rousey. I think she is the only woman (other than Cyborg) that can test her.

Kennedy vs Romero was amazing. This is what gets you up from your seat, a good old comeback. Controversial though and quite a dirty tactic from his corner, they need a rematch to sort that out.

Mcgregor backing up the hype. His technique is something you only normally see from Brazilians and his confidence and looseness in the octagon is outstanding. Brilliant performance as well for saying he did his hand in pre fight.

Co-main event was none stop, Alverez did well to last as long as he did, he took some serious shots. Cerrone delivers everytime!!!

Can't say much about DJ he's just too damn good :LOL:

Was defn a great show with a lot of good fights. I thought Cruz should have been booked for the main card. Cruz vs TJ is the fight to make. McGregor is what Bisping hoped the UFC would be: A great fighter with a huge following from the UK. I think they need a great fighter from Asia to reach even bigger internationally though.

Back
Top Bottom