Microsoft Xbox

Are people bothered by COD anymore?
I played some of Warfare, but is it the massive seller it was 10-15 years ago?

If it is and they make it a Microsoft exclusive, then it will be a massive console seller.

Sony better come up with something soon because I barely touch the PS5 due to Game Pass being such good value for money.

I honestly think Xbox will dominate the market from here. Rumours are they will attempt to buy EA next as well.

Analysts are saying that MS don’t even see Sony and Nintendo as rivals anymore and they’re focused more on Amazon, whatever that means.

Sony are doing their own version of game pass, but there is no news on when it is going to happen.
They currently have PSNow but that is absolute shite.

Xbox will never dominate the market as too many people buy PlayStations because it is a PlayStation.
Sony has such a fanboy base they will always outsell the Xbox.
Microsoft have tried by making a superior console the past 2/3 generations and now they are trying the GamePass route, but still the fanboys are jumping ship as there is more glamour/street cred for owning a PS than an Xbox.

Are people bothered by COD anymore?
I played some of Warfare, but is it the massive seller it was 10-15 years ago?

If it is and they make it a Microsoft exclusive, then it will be a massive console seller.
https://www.npd.com/news/entertainment-top-10/2022/top-10-video-games/

Don't know how accurate that is but I was surprised at the first two games of 2021 best sellers. I don't hear much about COD but it seems its still a seller
Doubt they would make these exclusives, I mean you do want that revenue from Playstation

What would MS strategy be then with gamepass? First day release on Gamepass? Diablo 4/COD straight to the subscription service on day 1? Now that would get ppl to subscribe

Pretty surprised by this move

Getting a bit out of hand, this. I'll probably get an Xbox S in the near future because it's not really that expensive but Microsoft really isn't selling my on it by just gobbling up developers left and right. Sony doesn't have the means to compete on that front and that is worrying. Lack of competition is a bad thing in the long run, for all consumers.

Sony are doing their own version of game pass, but there is no news on when it is going to happen.

Xbox will never dominate the market as too many people buy PlayStations because it is a PlayStation.
Microsoft have tried by making a superior console the past 2/3 generations and now they are trying the GamePass route, but still the fanboys are jumping ship as there is more glamour/street cred for owning a PS than an Xbox.
Never say never. I was always a PlayStation gamer - until recently. Xbox is just too much of a good thing right now. The Series X or my PC and Game Pass is where I spend most of my time, I rarely use the PS5. I’m sure there are many who will go over to Xbox from PlayStation in the foreseeable future.

Never say never. I was always a PlayStation gamer - until recently. Xbox is just too much of a good thing right now. The Series X or my PC and Game Pass is where I spend most of my time, I rarely use the PS5. I’m sure there are many who will go over to Xbox from PlayStation in the foreseeable future.

I made the jump this generation after having a PS since 1997. Mostly because of the value. Series S ($299) + 3 years of Gamepass (~$130) and Im set.

I always associated Crash with Sony

Those things change ,remember where Xbox was on the 360 days ,even with Sony and ps3 ,Xbox 1 Vs ps4 was all Sony ,but with buying studios left and right ,having back comp and most importantly game pass it's going very well for ms Vs Sony.
Plus the shortage of ps5 Vs hardly any shortage of Xbox series s.
Customer bases change constantly and the most innovative gets ahead ,and you can't really blame Sony for being very innovative this gen (so far)

And the real threat , like @Mikhail pointed out are when the giants like Amazon starts to push in to the gaming industry (more than they've done so far).
I'm not really interested of who wins the "console war" that has always been some fucking mantra by the PS fan boys since I've been on Xbox way back on the 360 I've had my fair share of "you got no games PS4 better" etc.(even here yes)
I'm happy that Microsoft are as innovative as they are ,if Sony wins who cares ,if Xbox wins who cares?
But today ,you'd be pretty dumb if on the fence about a new console not to go Xbox tbh.

Last edited:
$5.1 Billion in microtransactions for Activision/Blz. More than half of net revenues. Microtransactions are the way to def go (from a profit generating company's point of view)

84421_11_activision-made-record-5-1-billion-in-microtransactions-2021.png

Got Series X today.
Series S was supposed to be temporary console to try Xbox and then buy PS5. But I fell in love with Xbox and Gamepass, so I decided to upgrade Xbox instead of getting PS5.
And the difference is massive. The level of details, crisspiness, view distance - you can clearly see how much impact 4K has.

Back
Top Bottom