Microsoft Xbox

Apparently it is Sony holding back on the console vs console online.
They refuse to give up their network code for games, unless developers either pay them massively upfront or they get a % of sales from shop bought items in game from other consoles.

There was an article ages ago, and it was Fortnite and another company might of been the developers of Among Us who stated that Sony were not allowing it without big demands.
i wonder how Team17 managed to get HLL multiplayer working between PS and X!

Apparently it is Sony holding back on the console vs console online.
They refuse to give up their network code for games, unless developers either pay them massively upfront or they get a % of sales from shop bought items in game from other consoles.

There was an article ages ago, and it was Fortnite and another company might of been the developers of Among Us who stated that Sony were not allowing it without big demands.

Microsoft don't care and they have stated many times in the past they would love to have cross platform gaming.
I thought it would ease when Sony started to work with MS
regarding cloud and servers a year or so ago.
To bad , especially for us consumers that they refuse to co op

Last edited:
Horizon 5 - anybody else feels let down? quite a buggy, unfinished mess....

Im finding it great, what bugginess have you found. Im not too far in but why would you say its unfinished?
Gameplaywise its pretty much similar to FH4, I do think that. Fortunately I have not had any bugs (on Series S) and the game plays and looks beautiful. Im having fun with it.

lots of bugs in the sense of carry-over assets from horizon 4 that were already flawed / not up to par in the last game (wrong car details, non-working interior dials etc., UK license plates for lots of cars in a game that is set in mexico)
lots of random crashes on PC
+ car roster at this point down by 200

somebody over at forza forums described it as "wonderful on paper" but "flawed in action" -> too much stuff going on. like horizon 4 on steroids. basically the same map with new foliage & upgraded visuals, but no innovation whatsover. not talking about the slightly offensive & stereotypical display of hispanics (in my opinion)

quite a good example:

s1q70sf19ny71.jpg

this game is everything but not a celebration of car culture. it's a cash-grab in my opinion - which is sad. every horizon before brought innovation and more fun, but this is just a sad shell of a once great franchise

sorry for the rant ;)

There seems to be a xbox event tomorrow, being this is the first xbox I own I never played Halo or downloaded from Gamepass either. However, I saw there might be a multiplayer release tomorrow for the new Halo game (well for you Europeans today) and it kinda gives me vibes of Titanfall 2 which I loved.
I'm busy with FH5 and FIFA but did anyone play the beta Halo Infinite to see how it holds up? Would like to try a new FPS, Ive been holding on to BF1 (low player count) and Titanfall 2 (server attack) for a while already...

This means that people not being on new gen acctually being able to play new gen games.
And not having to DL games ,it's brilliant ,imagine how much harddrive space that'll save?
This franchise is making killer moves ,love it

Last edited:
Is this Stadia for Xbox?
Don't know how stadia works ,but it's streaming (cloud based) via your game pass ,which you've have had for phone/tablets/pc before ,now you can do it from your console directly ,instead of DL a game you just start it.

And I've been playing 3-4 games already and it's working really good ,don't see any difference from one of my DL games on console 1 Vs a cloud based one on console 2

Edit : I'm sure it will be buggy at times since it's beta and depending on server status for each country and your own connection.

Last edited:
Xcloud arrives on Consoles.

As always nice to test out before downloading. Havent tried it but hope it reaches stability of stadia in the coming year as for me its been spotty on the PC

Edit: tried it wired connection and it works great. No blurriness, no lag. Even tried bf4 and seemed good and responsive.

Def a great addition.

Thanks for the tip! It works a treat!

It's been working excellent on all my games that has the cloud symbol ,and not having to DL 120 GB of Elder Scrolls online ,but just push play , brilliant!
Some dips every now and then ,but as long as I'm not playing an online shooter it's all good.

Takes up a shit load of bandwidth ,which I guess is good (speed stability)
Great addition this

It's been working excellent on all my games that has the cloud symbol ,and not having to DL 120 GB of Elder Scrolls online ,but just push play , brilliant!
Some dips every now and then ,but as long as I'm not playing an online shooter it's all good.

Takes up a shit load of bandwidth ,which I guess is good (speed stability)
Great addition this

Same here. It's a life saver for someone with the series S. I've been having great experience, through the browser on the computer it was always hit and miss but with console I've been impressed (maybe because I'm wired there)

I didn't check usage. How much are you seeing? Stadia for me uses ~8gb/hr I think

Same here. It's a life saver for someone with the series S. I've been having great experience, through the browser on the computer it was always hit and miss but with console I've been impressed (maybe because I'm wired there)

I didn't check usage. How much are you seeing? Stadia for me uses ~8gb/hr I think
Didn't check usage either ,but I saw that my DL/update went down in speed a lot while playing a our game.
Same here ,wired on my Xbox

Forza horizon 5 looks beautiful, but why make such a gigantic map full of details if you can cross through it like if it was a flat concrete land, with cars that would normally think twice before engaging in some of the streets of the city where I live.
Also the teenager narrative is really.... not for me?

Enjoying the game a lot, but the interactions and conversations are pretty bad. And as a native spanish speaker, the splanglish they use makes me cringe quite a bit.
It wasnt an issue in the past editions. I will usually try to skip them even if I end up not knowing where i need to drive and why.

What does it mean when a game isn't on the list of the backwards-compatible games for the Series X? Is it just not optimized or wouldn't it run at all?
I'm thinking of buying a copy of PES 2013.

What does it mean when a game isn't on the list of the backwards-compatible games for the Series X? Is it just not optimized or wouldn't it run at all?
I'm thinking of buying a copy of PES 2013.
Pes 13 won't run on Series X/S or even Xbox One.
If it's not a back comp game for Series S/X (or One) it's not going to be able to be played.

All XB1 games can be played on Series X/S ,the OG Xbox or 360 needs to be on that list

Forza horizon 5 looks beautiful, but why make such a gigantic map full of details if you can cross through it like if it was a flat concrete land, with cars that would normally think twice before engaging in some of the streets of the city where I live.
Very much so.
I tested it for this Cloud Gaming and it works great. I had no stutters, no lag, everything was smooth, which is amazing for a huge game like this.

..but the game itself.. oh, God..
Cars being dropped from the plane, zooming 200km/h across the jungle like it was a race track, with trees that you can literally drive through like they werent there.. its really not for me.
Is there some free roam with a traffic that you can just drive around a world, chilling?
Or is it all ridiculous like that?

Haven't played FH 5 ,not my thing really ,I enjoyed playing FH 4 to some degrees ,just driving around.
This "dropping in from an aeroplane" man that feels like it's in every fucking game , especially battle royale shooters.
Expecting it on Fifa 23 as well (wait and see)

Is there some free roam with a traffic that you can just drive around a world, chilling?
Or is it all ridiculous like that?

If you are going to freeroam (this is after the intro-circus plane jumping stuff) I recommend disconnecting from the Forza life as it will try to populate with other players and its a bit wonky. If you are disconnected it will populate with normal, more AI traffic. After the intro, the races are normal (I have a race with a train and a race against jetskis in my map) but at the end of the day its still an arcade racer so it depends if that is what you like.

Ive been enjoying it so far as I prefer arcade racers more than sim ones, it made me go back to FH4 to compare and get the additional expansions in Thanksgiving Sale.

at the end of the day its still an arcade racer so it depends if that is what you like.
Yeah, no, I dont think this one is for me.
I have a very specific taste when it comes to racing games.
It doesnt have to be full sim, but it cant be typical Need For Speed.
Also - it have to have real cars, not race/painted cars.
Normal roads (not race tracks), with a traffic.
And I have to be able to wreck the car to a point where it explodes, or is undrivable anymore.
So yeah - basically - there is no such game as far as I know.. :LOL:
Closest I ever got was Need For Speed Porshe Unleashed, which was very different from all NFS's I played.

Back
Top Bottom