Manchester City Thread

Anyone remember when Marodona went from Barcelona to Napoli for a world record fee, were the all the same observations as with us and Kaka...?

officially maradona moved to napoli for 13 billions italian liras (wich are equivalent to 6.5 millions euros)... it wasn't a crazy bid, even for those days.

and however that wasn't even the real ammount (wich was about the equivalent of 5 millions euros).

and as neoexodus pointed out, maradona was not what kakà is today.
kaka is considered as one of the very best players i the world in his role... he's still very young and yet, he already won everything a football player can win in his carreer (world cup, domestic titles, champions league, ballon d'or, fifa world player awards, and so on).

when maradona moved to napoli he was much closer to cassano. a very talented kinda player, who didn't seem to be able to really express his enormous potential....
when maradona moved to napoli he still had no silverware at all. and barcelona was more than happy to get rid of him, as he brought much more troubles than results. during his period at barca he didn't play enough (first the hepatitis, then the injuries) and even when he played, he didn't really perform at his standards.

to put it simple there's just no comparing those 2 deals.

however u shuldn't be sad about it. i mean let's be honest, it wasn't a good move.
- first kaka is not the kind of player u need right now to step up (he would just give u a mediatic boost, bu honestly i think that's the only think u really don't need right now).

- u just can't have elano, robinho, ireland, wright philips, petrov and kaka playing in the same team (to make it simple, even with only 3 of em in the same line up, there would be too much "traffic" upfront to get advantage of kaka's skills.... and i didn't even mention the fowards).

- the timing was awful. theese huge deals must be completed in summer. definitely not in the middle of the season (during the summer window it would have been also way easier for u to get him imo). and however right now hughes needs all his players to be completely focused on the team performances... and he also needs the club to keep a low profile attitude, in order to get some results.... all theese "distractions" and all this mediatic attention is not good at all, for a team which is dangerously close to the "relegation zone".

- and finally there's the dressing room chemistry issue. having a player who earns almost twice as as much as the 2nd richest player in the team, could have catastrophic effects on the dressing room poise.

all in all, u'll be much better without kaka, imo. u already have a very good team. what u need now is not a big name. what u neednow is to start playing some good football. :))

We learn so much from your posts mate! Great to have a guy like you on the forum... :))

Immagine--346x212.JPG

:LOL:

Guys tell me please, when Jo will return to Man. City?
And tell me yours opinion, does MC realy need him :))

Jo already returned to City, and yes City needs him, with Benjan's injury and Bojinov bad performances Jo MIGHT BE an necessary key to MC !

I doubt it, City are a "MASSIVE" version of Madrid ;)) They don't look at what they need but will just look for the big names and hope to land one even if that position is filled.

Jo already returned to City, and yes City needs him, with Benjan's injury and Bojinov bad performances Jo MIGHT BE an necessary key to MC !

I don't think it's that fair to say Bojinov has been turning in bad performances, he has been injured for vast periods of time.

Looks promising when he plays IMO.

Jo really wouldn't help either, he's less lethal than a kitten with no teeth or claws.

I now hope Villa win the UEFA Cup next season and qualify for the Champions' League.

Because Man City have no chance of doing either and Barry is a total wanker for signing for them.
Reminds me of Owen going to Madrid!

Barry is a good signing for you. You need to be taking players from teams like Villa and Everton as none of the top stars will go unless you strat to win stuff or it's silly money for wages.

Barry is a good signing for you. You need to be taking players from teams like Villa and Everton as none of the top stars will go unless you strat to win stuff or it's silly money for wages.

Are you sure? Because apparently...

I doubt it, City are a "MASSIVE" version of Madrid ;)) They don't look at what they need but will just look for the big names and hope to land one even if that position is filled.

:P

Back
Top Bottom