Manchester City Thread

If those are sold our HG will be

Wright
Hart
Clichy
Boyata
Milner
Lampard

On Nastasic, I've already said that we shouldn't sell him, we should only loan him if anything, but i can't change the minds of Pellegrini and Txiki, and more importantly I have faith in both. Maybe they think Rekik and Denayer are bigger prospects.

For this season I'm guessing they see Sagna as filling in as 4th choice CB with Boyata there just in case.

4th choice CBs don't really play that much. Lescott only played 8 games in the league last year and Nastasic was injured for most of the season.

Don't see it as a big issue unless he needs to play there in big games

Anyway, who needs CBs whhen you hhave the Octopus?
9c87cfc55299a78225457969d93cfee6.gif

261156adbc8ff8ed648755815b2be724.gif

He looks a good buy. Got caught in possession a couple of times but he's new to the PL. Made another goal saving challenge (on Cabella) and a few other good tackles

Last edited:
Sagna played well at centre back when he played for us the handful of times.

I saw a few games and I didn't like it at all.

@Godotelli. Fernando is suberb at slinding tackles. Plus he runs miles. Regarding his positioning are you play him at (a true) DMF or CMF?

City ruining football still
BvV06vICEAEpnvM.jpg

NET spend.

You were able to sell players you'd already bought with your sugar daddy money. United had to watch their players retire.

You've spend 3 times as much as United gross in the last 4 seasons. As much as Sky don't want to show that, that't the reality.

Just because you recoup some of the fees you paid for Garcia, Rodwell and so forth doesn't mean they didn't cost anything in the first place.

You have the best squad in the league because you've spent twice as much money as anyone bar Chelsea to build it. Enjoy it. But please keep your financial arguments in the fairy land City's finances exist in.

Also, nice home grown list. How's that ELITE development squad treating you? Lampard? Milner? Wright! It's a farce.

NET spend.

You were able to sell players you'd already bought with your sugar daddy money. United had to watch their players retire.

You've spend 3 times as much as United gross in the last 4 seasons. As much as Sky don't want to show that, that't the reality.

Just because you recoup some of the fees you paid for Garcia, Rodwell and so forth doesn't mean they didn't cost anything in the first place.

You have the best squad in the league because you've spent twice as much money as anyone bar Chelsea to build it. Enjoy it. But please keep your financial arguments in the fairy land City's finances exist in.

Also, nice home grown list. How's that ELITE development squad treating you? Lampard? Milner? Wright! It's a farce.

Gross? 418m is not 4 times 265m... Going by Gross, Liverpool have outspent Utd and yet the truth is that Utd have outspent them by over 100m

Net spending is kind of the point. It shows how much you've actually shelled out.

lol at the HG whine. Our youngsters are doing rather nicely, thanks for asking :TU:

Chelsea under Roman:

2004 - Loss £74.7m
2005 - Loss £131.6m
2006 - Loss £77.1m
2007 - Loss £65.6m
2008 - Loss £69.2m
2009 - Loss £45.8m
2010 - Loss £69.2m
2011 - Loss £70.7m
2012 - Profit £1.4m
2013 - Loss 49.4m

While we can argue about the last 5 years. Chelsea are sitting back n going unnotice. I rather we talk about the old elephant in the room. ManCity IMO are no where near Chelsea in their dealings. No tap ups on record or as a Club has so many fines like Chelsea. Roman is the biggest problem who invented modern footballer mentally. Taking players on his yacht offering honey & milk.

Secret underground escape tunnels built under The Emirates leading directly to The Etihad

That red L shaped one is new, built specifically for Alexis Sanchez

So that's how he'll return to London after scoring a hat-trick at the Etihad. :SMUG:

Fk'n City haha them subs! 2 touch a pass n gol.
Liverpool are subbing players in like sheep to the slaughter lol. So unlucky !

What an amazing performance by City !
First game of the season that I REALLY enjoyed watching.

Btw it's really nice seeing these "almost" new players in the Premier League like Jovetic and Lamela.

Jovetic for the 2nd goal :WORSHIP:

Good result, esp. considering we can play much, much better. First 30mins LFC had quite a bit of possession around our box but we defended well. I felt the only danger came from Demichelis' lack of pace. Mangala will fix that hopefully.
Fernando keeps impressing me.
Can't complain about Aguero's contribution. His minutes per goal must be insane.
Clichy was the clever choice at LB considering LFC's pace tho picking him takes a lot away from out attacking threat down the left. My guess is that we could have played Kolarov had Mangala been up to speed. He has the pace that Demi doesn't to cover

In the end I thought we were kind to LFC. They were down to 10 (could have been 9 with Can's dive) with Moreno limping about (why the fuck did the ref stop play for an ankle injury BTW?). We could have made the scoreline very embarrassing if we had really gone for it.

Early days yet. Both teams will improve as the season goes on. Will be interesting to see whether Mario can add that little bit of magic up front for them.

Chelsea and Arsenal up next after Stoke. 7 points from that would be nice.

Last edited:
:WORSHIP:
Bv61bIXIcAETDOw.png:large

81.4 mins per goal since start of last season. :COOL:

Please stay fit bro :PRAY:

Impressive, but undoubtedly has the best team built around in prem history too. Both Van Nistlerooy and Henry had periods of pretty crappy teammates, Aguero has only really been involved with City since they've had a phenomenal squad.

Gasp @ Hernandez. That's shocking given how poor he's been for the past 12 months. His first 2 years were immense!

Back
Top Bottom