LOST (***SEASON 2 Spoilers Thread***)

I don't like the last 3 episodes. It's strange. Too slow for me.

Milanista said:
Its probably just me, but recently Jack is really pissing me off and acting like an asshole.
I think the events are difficult for him to handle. And I found his reaction normal. Sayid, Sawyer and Locke are doing things behind his back and now he sees he is not the leader anymore.
He is tired of being on this island, so he is going crazy and overreact easily now. It's Sawyer who is pissing me off since he is back.

embraceuk1 said:
This weeks episode was ok.
The american Iraqi scenes were terrible fake poorly painted backgrounds etc.
Proxi your spoilers were all wrong.
Nup, i was speculating on what i saw in the Promo vid, and you gotta admit that Henry Gale guy looks bald in some camera shots, then has a half-mullet at the back :D

Plus the timer in the promo was so evidently different, but on the show it wasn't so it's more like ABC who do the promos are causing confusion :) Remember that before Episode 13 they released a picture of an Ethan lookalike dragging Sun from her garden, then in the episode it was Charlie. WTF?

Back to the episode i really quite enjoyed it! Sayid's flashbacks were cool apart from as you mentioned man the painted backgrounds :lmao: He's an interesting character though and is one i feel hasn't changed too much since the programme began.

Loved the moment when the timer hit zero!!!! :shock: The whole machine clanging, the symbols spinning round and Lockes face was like a huge gulp, i loved it. One of my favourite Lost moments from the whole show.

It'll be interesting to see how Danielle fits in as the next episodes go on.

Milanista said:
Its probably just me, but recently Jack is really pissing me off and acting like an asshole.

Nope agree with you m8, at first I liked him the obvious hero kinda guy. But more and more I see him he just sometimes cant understand where they are. There are all sorts of trust issues yet Jack would trust a smackhead with a spoon on this island. Some guy just turns up out of the blue , arrived via a hot air balloon and end ups on this island. No way I'd be trusing this guy straight away. I like Sayid's way of dealing with things :P Also I was wondering if anyone could translate Hieroglyphics??? ;)

Cloud, i saw somewhere that the symbols on the timer at zero mean "small death, swan", while another report showed "death, swan". It had a lot of speculation round it and people were mainly presuming the Swan was going to self destruct. Will find where i got this from...

Here we are....

Hi all,

I work in the Egyptology department at the University of Canbridge.

There's three things that I think people are missing.

Firstly, the ancient Egyptians did not speak modern English. Those of you who are expecting the glyphs to spell out a word (like "Sayid") in Western letters are going to be disappointed!

Secondly. The last two symbols are determinative glyphs. That is they convey meaning to the other glyphs.

Finally, The fouth glyph is not the vulture nor the owl as some people on this forum have mistaken it as.

The symbols in the clock are as follows (in Gardiner format):

[S29] [Z7] [T34] -- [G37] [Z6]

The first three are phonetics (s,w,nm). When said aloud together, they make a sound that is not unlike the English word "swan".

The last two (determinatives) are "small" and "death"

So we have (Swan)--(Small Death)

Read that as you want. It's clearly ambiguous and I expect the writers intended for it to be ambiguous.

My first instinct is that it pretty much means, "The Swan Station is about to self destruct". However, small and death could also equally mean disease which also would obviously fit in.

And a picture aswell...http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x14/glyphs.jpg

I read on another site that the glyphs mean "cause to die"

Did anyone else notice Kates dad in Sayid's flashbacks, he was the one looking at the picture of the girl (kate) in the truck

Yeah i did, i had to rewind on first viewing though because i wasn't paying attention, i saw the pic of Kate and thought "what the sweet bejesus?!?!", then it all came clear...

After next weeks episode (number 15 called Maternity Leave) there's a 3 week break.. :(

On a different note, Henry Gale or should i say his character, has been signed up to appear in at least SIX episodes, which could mean something...

That he's either a key to finding out more about the other people on the island, or he is somehow found to be innocent of all dodginess, and joins in with the rest of the cast as a struggler for the truth.

I have read some more on him at Lost-Forum, don't read the spoiler if you don't wanna know.

According to a good member on there, an article has been spotted not long ago saying that Henry Gale plays a part in the death of a survivor of the plane, or sees them at deaths door and is unable to help. The truth in this is unknown, but anyway.

Im not sure if its the breaks in the show but im starting to find it all a bit boring at the mo. All the good things i loved in the first series are no way near as present in this one, i mean wheres the jaw dropping moments that we were left from episode to episode, even the plot itself is all over the place? I know its all charachter development adding all the flash backs but for me thats not what i liked about the show!

Im working through series 2 at the moment and im on episode 5 but im getting later episodes for future reference, last one I downloaded episode 14 and managed to get a ep.15 trailer, So could someone tell me whats the latest episode for Lost

Metallica said:
Im working through series 2 at the moment and im on episode 5 but im getting later episodes for future reference, last one I downloaded episode 14 and managed to get a ep.15 trailer, So could someone tell me whats the latest episode for Lost

14 is the latest mate!:)

then 3 weeks of a break again ?

Seriously there churning 24 out and a double again in 2 weeks

Haven't they started filming season 3 yet, If so why can't they keep the bloody thing on schedule, I'm losing interest rapidly not just because the stories this season have been poor . But Due to the lack of consistency :/

They've just finished filming Episode 17, seen this posted on The Fuselage & Lost-Forum so I take it as solid news.

JJ Abrams, the man behind it all is currently working on Mission Impossible 3 and Alias too, i've heard that is slowing things down too.

Interesting episode with interesting items to suggest ppl are not who you think they are etc.
Nest weeks trailer was dull looking.

But please no more stupid wrong spoilers about ppl we saw etc.
Leave these to the freaks on the lost forums.

embraceuk1 said:
Interesting episode with interesting items to suggest ppl are not who you think they are etc.
Nest weeks trailer was dull looking.

But please no more stupid wrong spoilers about ppl we saw etc.
Such as?

Good episode.

Locke losing it at the end was good, Henry's definitely playing the game and he's done Locke's head already. Mr Eko's visit to Henry was comical, the look on Mr Gales face through it all was quality

The medical bunker is really interesting, surely they'll be heading back there sooner rather than later and really searching the place. Didn't Kate find Mr Friendlys stick-on beard? Claire's flashbacks were good,i just want to know who all the people are from the surgery just before she escaped, and where / what they're doing now. Did anyone else notice that the toy planes spinning round had Oceanic Airlines on them? They also played the same tune Claire wanted the couple adopting her baby to sing to it - "Catch A Falling Star"

Shame we didn't see more of the button dilemma. But the next episode is March 22 and there's enough to think about until then probably!

Promo for Episode 16 is at http://txvoodoo.livejournal.com/
Locke and Jack are obviously heading for another fallout. Hopefully the outcome will be something really serious, such as blood flying about, Locke getting locked out of the Hatch or something like that :lol:

Really good episode, that needed doing months ago tbh, id fucking forgotten about the claire abduction, supose its opened up a few new places to go, but it needs to pick up the pace a bit as it seems to be getting bogged down in its complexity the last few weeks.

Now thats what im talking about Lost as it shoud excellent TV! No pointless flashbacks and the story arc moves on, its seems ages since weve had an ep like this, great stuff!

Does anyone reckon the American head soldier sort of bloke on the Sayid episode (14), the one that gave Sayid money at the end of that episode is that captain beardo bloke from the others ?

I did think it for a split second when first seeing him, but it's not the same guy, seen a lot of screengrabs since and they're more different then I first thought.

proxi said:
I did think it for a split second when first seeing him, but it's not the same guy, seen a lot of screengrabs since and they're more different then I first thought.

Its not the same guy. The guy that gave Siad the money is the bad guy from Highlander.

Back
Top Bottom