Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 10/11 - August 7th the fight is back

and for marseille, they still need to decide which project they are goin to stick to..

if my memory is still workin, there are two propositions.

Its already chosen, you can see the pictures on the previous page.

Trophee des Champions
Marseille - Paris : 0-0 (5 PKs 4)

Tonight we won the Trophee des Champions against Paris.

Lucho shot one of the worst pen I've seen in my life. A pass directly to Coupet. He didn't know what to do.
He hit the bar against Real last season. Last week, the young Ayew had to shot because he wasn't feeling it. I don't know what's wrong with him and penalties. He was doing fine with Porto.

Because of him, we lost our lead (Luyindula hit the post before), but thanks to Mandanda who saved Giuly's shot, Cissé gave us the 1st french trophee of the season :).

OM without Niang, Brandao, Heinze and M'bia versus a full PSG :))

gooood !!! PSG has a team who has the same level that our team B or C ^^

if we play with our big team, we win the championship, the french cup and champions league 2011 ? xD

Diawara... 3 weeks...

+ : Azpilicueta, Mandanda (man of the match !), N'Diaye, Cissé, Ben Arfa (for his enter)
- : Samassa and Kaboré

Really funny to see the comments of Marseille fans.

Marseille are the last french champions, they have a team to play the Champions League, and to make 0-0 vs Paris 13th of last championship and which have done nothing good in the last 10 years, and it is like the performance of the year! congratulations to OM but Paris is not Barcelona or Manchester United.

And Valbuena13, you must not know your team very well because as far as I remember Mandanda, Taiwo, Lucho, Cissé, Azpilicueta, Diawara and Kaboré are not players of the "B Team or C Team" of Marseille....

Hey guys I know a few of you have looked at my website in the past so wanted to let you know of the next step I've taken.

I have started my own football forum, trying to recreate the great football chat we used to have here a few years ago.

If you wanna have a look please go to http://gibfootballshow.freeforums.org/index.php

Please join up and get involved.

Yoann Cabaye wanted to move on this year Gib. But like Gignac, and Gameiro, there's been very little transfer activity and real concrete interest/offers. What you think of that?

Loic Perrin is another one who like Cabaye is seeking a new challenge and wanted to leave club he's always played for, Les Verts.

Not a whole lot happening this summer though in terms of transfers.

Niang wants to go to Fenerbahce but with season kicking off in a couple days and him being so important and having contract till 2014, it'll be interesting to see if the club co-operates with him and grants him his wish... to seek that new challenge at Turkey or if they keep him.

Yeah I think for Cabaye it is the right time to move on, but not a lot of monry going around for players to move, I guess he's stuck with Les Dogues, he's still very unknown, maybe an appearance for the National Team would boost his stock.

I'm glad for Lorient that Gameiro will stay maybe if Gyan and Remy leaves Ligue 1 some players might move on.

With Fenerbahce going out of the Champions League maybe Niang might want to stay at OM now.

Re: Ligue 1 - 10/11

Emir Spahic wasn`t playing tonight any reason why? Montpellier looked real good tonight. I must admit never seen or heard of them since a week ago lol.

If anyone could give me a break down of 3 to 5 teams similar to the Arsenal style. I would like to research them and get a bit of history on them . I would like to follow a team in your league. I should of done this 6 years ago lol doesn`t matter if it`s a B league either. Cheers in advance :))

logo_ligue_1_nouveau.png

Day 1

Results :
Montpellier 1-0 Bordeaux
Rennes 1-1 Lille
Sochaux 2-1 Arles-Avignon
Toulouse 2-0 Brest
Paris SG 3-1 Saint-Etienne
Nice 0-0 Valenciennes
Lens 1-2 Nancy
Auxerre 2-2 Lorient
Lyon 0-0 Monaco
Marseille 1-2 Caen

Classement :
1 Paris-SG 3
2 Toulouse 3
3 Caen 3
4 Sochaux 3
5 Nancy 3
6 Montpellier 3
7 Auxerre 1
- Lorient 1
9 Lille 1
- Rennes 1
11 Nice 1
12 Lyon 1
- Monaco 1
14 Valenciennes 1
15 Marseille 0
16 Lens 0
17 Arles-Avignon 0
18 Bordeaux 0
19 Saint-Etienne 0
20 Brest 0

Top scorer :

Top assist :
1 Martin Marvin Sochaux 2

Marseille have not strengthened enough over the summer. Still need a striker and I have no idea why Ben Arfa is being pushed out the door! Why does Deschamps and Jose Anigo want to get rid of him? The squad is not strong enough. Who plays LF when Valbuena is injured or his form dips?

There is nobody else in the squad who can dribble like he does. If you want him out then get some £££ for him. A loan deal does not benefit the team.

I hope this Niang and Taiwo situation doesnt run deep through the season. Both players have to accept the club's position.

logo_ligue_1_nouveau.png

Day 2

Results :
Caen 3-2 Lyon
Bordeaux 1-2 Toulouse
Lille 0-0 Paris SG
Valenciennes 3-2 Marseille
Arles-Avignon 0-1 Lens
Nancy 0-3 Rennes
Saint-Etienne 3-2 Sochaux
Lorient 1-2 Nice
Brest 1-1 Auxerre
Monaco - Montpellier (reported)

Classement :
1 Toulouse 6
2 Caen 6
3 Rennes 4
4 Paris-SG 4
5 Valenciennes 4
6 Nice 4
7 Montpellier 3
8 Sochaux 3
9 Lens 3
10 Saint-Etienne 3
11 Nancy 3
12 Auxerre 2
13 Lille 2
14 Monaco 1
15 Lorient 1
16 Lyon 1
17 Brest 1
18 Marseille 0
19 Bordeaux 0
20 Arles-Avignon 0

Top scorer :
1 Pedretti Benoît Auxerre 2
- El-Arabi Youssef Caen 2
- Gomis Bafetimbi Lyon 2
- Bangoura Ismaël Rennes 2
- Perrin Loïc Saint-Etienne 2
- Braaten Daniel Toulouse 2
- Pujol Grégory Valenciennes 2

Top assist :
1 Yatabaré Sambou Caen 2
- Leroy Jérôme Rennes 2
- Martin Marvin Sochaux 2

Niang leave to Fener, Ben Arfa probably to Newcastle...
the only good news we don't finish the mercato, Bordeaux have 0 pts too and Lyon just 1.

Ben Arfa is behaving like a right idiot. I have always tried to defend him but his actions are disgracful.

Just signed Remy and Gignac. Where has the money came from?

Apparently there were cardiac problems for Remy so the transfer might not go through.

I think it will depend on the recovery. He has a heart defect that has never been picked up. I don't think it is career threatening!

logo_ligue_1_nouveau.png

Day 3

Results :
Sochaux 0-0 Lille
Montpellier 0-0 Caen
Paris SG 1-2 Bordeaux
Toulouse 2-1 Arles-Avignon
Auxerre 1-1 Valenciennes
Rennes 0-0 Saint-Etienne
Nice 1-1 Nancy
Lens 2-2 Monaco
Lyon 1-0 Brest
Marseille 2-0 Lorient

Classement :
1 Toulouse 9
2 Caen 7
3 Rennes 5
4 Valenciennes 5
5 Nice 5
6 Montpellier 5
7 Paris-SG 4
8 Lens 4
9 Sochaux 4
10 Lyon 4
11 Saint-Etienne 4
12 Nancy 4
13 Marseille 3
14 Auxerre 3
15 Monaco 3
16 Lille 3
17 Bordeaux 3
18 Lorient 1
19 Brest 1
20 Arles-Avignon 0

Top scorer :
1 Braaten Daniel Toulouse 3
2 Dja Djedje Franck Arles-Avignon 2
- Pedretti Benoît Auxerre 2
- Gomis Bafetimbi Lyon 2
- Taiwo Taye Marseille 2
- Didot Etienne Toulouse 2
- Danic Gaël Valenciennes 2

Top assist :
1 Yatabaré Sambou Caen 2
- Mounier Anthony Nice 2
- Leroy Jérôme Rennes 2
- Martin Marvin Sochaux 2

Yeah I hope this is a good decision and we don't have a tragedy on our hands later on...

A heart defect is no joke but after extensive testing, they say he's fine and fit to play at this elite level so I'm hoping they're right.

Anyway, Gignac + Remy (2 good FRENCH forwards) at OM, both still young, this is exciting!

And I think Gignac is a better solution for OM than Luis Fabiano anyway. Good move for player and club I think.

logo_ligue_1_nouveau.png

Day 4

Results :
Sochaux 3-1 Paris SG
Monaco 2-0 Auxerre
Lille 1-1 Nice
Bordeaux 1-1 Marseille
Valenciennes 0-1 Montpellier
Caen 0-2 Brest
Nancy 0-2 Toulouse
Saint-Etienne 3-1 Lens
Lorient 2-0 Lyon
Arles-Avignon 0-1 Rennes

Classement :
1 Toulouse 12
2 Rennes 8
3 Montpellier 8
4 Sochaux 7
5 Saint-Etienne 7
6 Caen 7
7 Monaco 6
8 Nice 6
9 Valenciennes 5
10 Marseille 4
11 Lille 4
12 Lorient 4
13 Paris-SG 4
14 Bordeaux 4
15 Brest 4
16 Lens 4
17 Lyon 4
18 Nancy 4
19 Auxerre 3
20 Arles-Avignon 0

Top scorer :
1 Payet Dimitri Saint-Etienne 4
2 Braaten Daniel Toulouse 3
3 Dja Djedje Franck Arles-Avignon 2
- Pedretti Benoît Auxerre 2
- Roux Nolan Brest 2
- Gomis Bafetimbi Lyon 2
- Taiwo Taye Marseille 2
- Aubameyang Pierre-Emerick Monaco 2
- Niculae Daniel Monaco 2
- Faé Emerse Nice 2
- Hoarau Guillaume Paris-SG 2
- Montaño Victor Hugo Rennes 2
- Didot Etienne Toulouse 2
- Danic Gaël Valenciennes 2

Top assist :
1 Martin Marvin Sochaux 3
2 Yatabaré Sambou Caen 2
- Mounier Anthony Nice 2
- Leroy Jérôme Rennes 2

League table.

And gotta LOVE the league table in France as always! :D

Hahah... I know it's still early in the season. But look at who's in top half, who's in bottom half. You don't have this anywhere else.... :LMAO:

I was in France for two weeks (near Toulouse, beautifull region: Fleurance-Avezan).
I followed the Remy saga.
OM wants indemnity from Nice because Remy had a heart defect (after the first medical by...OM). Later on there was an independent medical by a team of professorrs from all over France who declared Remy fit to play.
Now OM want an indemnity from OGC Nice because they never saw the heart defect and they sold them a player who .... turns out to be fit to play.
I think this is disgracefull. Remy is fit to play and i don't see why Nice should pay an indemnity for Remy. OM are in dire financial straits and i think they want to recuperate some money...

For years i go to France now and i always read L'Equipe every day. OM is a shambles year after year. Coach Deschamps wants some players and sporting director Anigo refuses to buy them and buys other plays. Deschamps priority was a defensive midfielder but no way that Anigo bought one. What a strange club, one wonders how they became champions.
In the saturday's L'Equipe there was a good intervieq with Heinze who stayed with Marseille because he gave his word to Deschamps, but Heinze is furious because other people at the club don't act like that. That was a very good interview and i have a lot of respect for Heinze after reading it...class guy in a tug club.

The same Heinze that took us to court (and lost) to try and force us to sell him to arch-rivals Liverpool?

Yeah, real classy!

jumbo, your reaction makes me think of the reactions of Arsenal fans about CESC/Barcelona.
Just like Cesc Heinze wanted to leave. He tried to leave by juridical means...where is the harm.

You make the same mstake (at least IMO) as those Arsenal fans: you expect a fan attitude from professional players. The fact that Heinze wanted to leave for arch rivals Liverpool makes it worse for you...this is expecting a fan behaviour from a professional player. To me wether (is this spelled correctly) Heinze would have wanted to go to Liverpool or to Sunderland does not make any difference and it shouldn't rationally spoken.

I hve a theory that this is something cultural, i.e. typical English. Continental fans will have this attitude less.

Fair comment Gerd, you're probably right about the cultural thing. I've noticed for instance in Italy that quite a few players have played for all the big teams, this doesn't happen very often (if at all) in England.

But if Heinze is such a classy guy, surely he'd respect the traditions and culture of the club and wouldn't go to such lengths (court!!) to force a transfer to a huge rival? Nobody has moved between the two clubs since the 60's.

Anyway sorry for going offtopic.

Back
Top Bottom