Is EAFC better than PES 21?

I think I was having a mad moment when I started this forum. I have since gone back to PES 21 and glad I did. All of the great mods mean it’s still the best footy game around. I am worried that it may be the last great football game and we will all still be on this forum and downloading mods for pes 21 in twenty years………..

"cooking up that pass that breaks several lanes of pressure, is cooking up the combination waiting for your players to place in the correct position, temporizing the game, knowing when to stop and when to fasten up"

Hels I agree with this so much. What mod do you think does the best job to simulate this in a game ? So far I haven't found any
Problem is enemy AI and the absence in PES of analogic sprint (different acceleration intensities for sprinting). You can change the starting position of the AI players (both yours and the enemy) but when they press they either jog or sprint at max acceleration, and usually, they will sprint more than they jog (depending on the mod) and also AI won't manage stamina with their sprints so at the end, the game forces you to play forward, due to the relentless intensity of the players. Ive been trying to solve this in constant team and player bins in the DT18, but there's no way to find a sweet spot or I haven't found it yet, at least.

FIFA/EA FC has more parameters within the engine to change this but the problem is that some of the parameters don't seem to have effect. Players speed is way to high and they have way too much sliding effect, and even when you can reduce it a bit, is not enough to make a proper, realistic game.

So this is the reality of football games. The only saga that tried to be somehow realistic (PES) was made in an engine quite old and thought for a stealth/action game (Metal Gear Solid V) and they (Konami) were not brave/skilled enough as to develop systems in the game that were more advanced and do a more realistic game.

Still though I've been working in searching through several mods and found a combination that kinda eliminates most of the script. If I am able to reduce I'm the dt18 the quantity of defensive sprint and manage to make a more compact base positioning where there's less need of sprinting, there might be a chance that we have a more realistic and relaxed tempo, where the teams rush less the pressure and the marks and still put a fight , and you need to think more and better how to open up the enemy defense.

There's still hope, but it needs a lot of work. Will keep you updated.

Last edited:
Problem is enemy AI and the absence in PES of analogic sprint (different acceleration intensities for sprinting). You can change the starting position of the AI players (both yours and the enemy) but when they press they either jog or sprint at max acceleration, and usually, they will sprint more than they jog (depending on the mod) and also AI won't manage stamina with their sprints so at the end, the game forces you to play forward, due to the relentless intensity of the players. Ive been trying to solve this in constant team and player bins in the DT18, but there's no way to find a sweet spot or I haven't found it yet, at least.

FIFA/EA FC has more parameters within the engine to change this but the problem is that some of the parameters don't seem to have effect. Players speed is way to high and they have way too much sliding effect, and even when you can reduce it a bit, is not enough to make a proper, realistic game.

So this is the reality of football games. The only saga that tried to be somehow realistic (PES) was made in an engine quite old and thought for a stealth/action game (Metal Gear Solid V) and we're not brave/skilled enough as to develop systems in the game that were more advanced and do a more realistic game.

Still though I've been working in searching through several mods and found a combination that kinda eliminates most of the script. If I am able to reduce I'm the dt18 the quantity of defensive sprint and manage to make a more compact base positioning where there's less need of sprinting, there might be a chance that we have a more realistic and relaxed tempo, where the teams rush less the pressure and the marks and still put a fight , and you need to think more and better how to open up the enemy defense.

There's still hope, but it needs a lot of work. Will keep you updated.
I think the biggest problem PES 2021 has in terms of the CPU behavior are the spammed long balls.. I've found a way to eliminate "long-ball expert" from all players (using this method) but this only solves part of the issue.. If you can find a way to reduce this long ball behavior in a future dt18, I think that would solve a lot of the issues that PES 2021 has.. Anyway, good luck with the modding, bro, keep us posted! :)

I think the biggest problem PES 2021 has in terms of the CPU behavior are the spammed long balls.. I've found a way to eliminate "long-ball expert" from all players (using this method) but this only solves part of the issue.. If you can find a way to reduce this long ball behavior in a future dt18, I think that would solve a lot of the issues that PES 2021 has.. Anyway, good luck with the modding, bro, keep us posted! :)
Problem with eliminating that is that they really won't send long balls or will be much less likely to do so, and there are some teams irl that actually play long balls. Making the COM play less direct in the cpulevel.o, and reducing the long passes frequency in userplaytendency.o in case there's something like that(both .o files found in constant_team.bin), will help with the issue. Then, inside the game, having them play possession with short passes in the tactics will make more likely to play less long balls. Also the space between players, in tactics, in attack as much as in defense, is another factor to have in account, and obviously, having a proper base positioning in constant_team.bin, is another point to have in account. Lastly, having them play tactics like tiki-taka further reduces this tendency.

So yeah, it all depends on various factors both inside and outside the game. It's needed several things to have the CPU playing correctly, even the exe can play a factor, so my recommendation is to try various mods, and see if the problem is reduced in this mods without the need of taking out the expert in long balls treat, and instead, having it working properly, and depending all much more from tactics. If I find something to solve the issue or reduce it further, I'll make you know.

And on a side note, no, is not the biggest problem in PES. I mean, there is indeed, but the biggest problem, as said, is that the game feels rushed and COM forces you a lot to play forward, and they press your defenses like really fast and aggressive (at least teams with the press in the front tactic) instead of pressing you in a more controlled way, cutting passing lanes and being careful of not going too fast, since that can lead to you dribbling them easy by taking the opposite direction in the last moment.

Game should be slower, not physically slower, but tactically slower, having more build-up phase, more needing of temporizimg the game and such, and having the COM running less off-ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom