ICELAND thread

Comfortable win for France in the end. Horrendous first half, but a decent second one, even if France may have rested a bit and let their guard down. I will certainly support France against Germany, and Wales in the Final if they get there.

Still, very happy with my team, that England game will be remembered for a good long while :D

Not just the one game, but the whole tournament, great spirit, fight and determination,,not to mention awesome fans and that great chant..:)

Yes, Congratulations to Iceland for a great tournament and thanks for giving us a great team to support and love. Hopefully you can grow on this experience and enter the WC 2018 as you definitely deserve to be in it as well!

Congratualtions to the biggest overachievers ever in football...you lost against a better team and there is no shame in that.

Thanks for all, vikings! You will long remain in our hearts!:WORSHIP:
We' ll wait for your team and your wonderful fans two years later at the World Cup in Russia! :))

Last edited:
First ever win against Croatia tonight, tied at first place in the group with them, they are still top on goal difference.

Man, before the match I was actually hoping for a draw. Turkey away is no joke, and losing this would have meant an almost certain end to the campaign. But this was very secure. We need a win against Kosovo in the last match and Russia 2018 is confirmed.

Seems easy enough, they have 1 point. But tension will be insane.

Man.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

What is currently happening in Iceland, especially with the organization?
There was talk of sexual misconduct by players, the chairman of KSI (the organization) said "We have had no complaints" and right away a woman came forward and said "yes you did, I sent it to you" This made the chairman look bad and he resigned. A ball started rolling and the whole board resigned.
Since then there have been multiple accounts, stories about sexual misconduct, of varying degrees, not to say they are not all bad but some are genuinely horrible. Players have been left out, the team is a mess, they can't get a win, it's back to being complete shambles. You know about Gylfi, that wasn't even a part of this! It's still going on, I think they only way forward, harsh as it seems is to clean this generation, of Euro 2016 and WC 2018 fame out (those players are on their last legs anyway) and start building a new one.

Back
Top Bottom