HTC Mobile Phones Thread

quite a price tag for a dock :)

thanks for the replies, sounds not too bad :))

one more thing, what i love about the iphone is the fluid sequence when changing from regular to landscape view - how does the desire handle this ( does it at all, havent read too much about details yet :)

my sister got the new sony vivaz and it is very stuttery and not good at all imo, something that bothers me with phones

Orientation changing is instant and very seamless. It doesn't have that flow that the iPhone has, it just switches. But there's no lag and it just works well :)

what the heck, going to order one. not much to do wrong for 430€. :)

bye bye iphone :D

My N1 browser has slowed to an absoloute crawl :( It seems Flash plays havoc when it loads adverts and it can make your phone ridiculously sluggish.

Its not good specifically on your points above! It is a great phone though and I swapped myself from a 3G and think all round its a better device as a phone.

1) Dock - not that I have seen

2) MP3 Player - I downloaded another off the marketplace and it works fine tbf. Speaker on the desire is poor though, so headphones needed

3) It runs Android, plus HTCs own 'Touch' which is a skin over the top. Because of this, new Android releases arent immediately put onto the Desire as HTC have to integrate it with Touch.

4) Wifi works fine and you can drop a handy widget onto the home screens to easily allow you to turn this (and Bluetooth/GPS) on and off with a click

5) On screen keyboard is awful IMO (coming from an iPhone), the keys are far too small and too sensitive. You can download other keyboards though (which you couldnt on iPhone) and I currently use one where you drag your finger over the letters instead of typing and it recognises the word you want - very clever!

6) Browser is very good, quick and when you zoom in, it refloats all the text onto the screen, so no constant panning/zooming.

As I put above, unfortunately that sounds like a list of bad things, but its just small things that dont really affect my use of the phone.

I listen to music loads through the Desire with Bluetooth headphones and it sounds great. THe new keyboard makes typing a breeze.

The Desire is far more customisable than the iPhone, so you should be able to set it up to do exactly what you want - the new 2.2 update (FroYo) is also meant to speed things up even more, which I cannot wait to see as the phone is rapid at the moment!

what keyboard is that mate?

I was too but I just found a possible answer to the EVO 4G in my opinion:

The Samsung Galaxy S!

Samsung-Galaxy-S-Sports-The-Fastest-GPU-In-Android-Phones.jpg

SPECIFICATION

Samsung Galaxy S
4.0 inch Super AMOLED Screen (800x480) - 20% brighter, 80% less reflective, 20% more battery efficient.
1GHZ ARM Cortex A8 CPU.
PowerVR SGX540 GPU - 4x more powerful than the Nexus One, 3x more powerful than iPhone 3GS.
512MB RAM.
8GB or 16GB built in flash storage.
Micro SD slot up to 32GB.
5MP rear camera with 720P HD video recording.
Front facing VGA camera for video calling.
Worlds first DivxHD certified mobile phone. Supports MKV file format too.
Android 2.1 with confirmed upgrade to Android 2.2.
Bluetooth 3.0.
1500mah battery.
Launching this June.

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S - Official Demo

YouTube - Samsung I9000 Galaxy S demo video - Take 2

Its between this, the Dell Mini 5/Streak or the iPhone 4 as the next phone for me.
Oooh I didn't see this post for some reason!!! Just spotted it. Looks quite good...

Its out tomorrow supposedly as is the Dell Streak on O2. £429 sim free so same price as the entry level iPad. Im not going to rush into buying a new phone. I will wait and see the final spec of the iPhone 4 on Monday and if its good I will just go for that as I do like the look of the prototype unit.

Its out tomorrow supposedly as is the Dell Streak on O2. £429 sim free so same price as the entry level iPad. Im not going to rush into buying a new phone. I will wait and see the final spec of the iPhone 4 on Monday and if its good I will just go for that as I do like the look of the prototype unit.

from work

182225d1275554338-dell-streak-imag0021.jpg

182226d1275554359-dell-streak-imag0023.jpg

How is it as a tablet/big smartphone Jonney and is the size annoying when trying to make a normal phone call?

BillyBoy said:
How is it as a tablet/big smartphone Jonney and is the size annoying when trying to make a normal phone call?
It's massive and really not ideas in putting it next to your ear to make a call. You would look really stupid doing it. The size of it is more or less the same size as the original psp but alot thinner and lighter. see the pi I posted as it's laid out on a A4 notepad

what a pointless device! Bigger than a smartphone, smaller than an iPad.

Who on earth are they pitching that to? Giants as a phone, or midgets as a tablet?

It's massive and really not ideas in putting it next to your ear to make a call. You would look really stupid doing it. The size of it is more or less the same size as the original psp but alot thinner and lighter. see the pi I posted as it's laid out on a A4 notepad

Thanks Jonney. I think I will pass on it.

Engadget, Eurogamer, Twitter and Movies are my favourites.

All except for the Eurogamer app, I got that via a link on their forum.

Yea I do. Installing the Facebook app from the market gives you an updated version which allows you to send/receive private messages. From what I remember the stock FB app didnt allow you to do that

I got that OTA update and now my phone battery life has gone shit again on the Desire....why?!?!!?

Back
Top Bottom