HTC Mobile Phones Thread

I don't think there's any smartphone which lasts for more than a day or so?

I had to charge it after like 12 hours of constant messing and downloading and stuff, but I have all livepapers on, wifi and gps connected all the time and everything syncing. Its been better today only at 50%. Gonna drain it and fully charge for the first week as I read it extends battery life within a few weeks.

Went out today and used my 3g signal and its just as fast as WIFI - WOW

Bah! Really wanna get one :(

If its unlocked (like that one from Play), can I just put my O2 simcard in it from my iPhone?

Tis a lot of money though (brought an iPad last week), so not sure I can get it - but if I get another big job through, I might be tempted!

Yes pboreham, that's exactly what I've done. I still have my original iPhone simcard from 2 and a half years ago! And that's worked in both iPhones, HTC HD2, HTC Hero and HTC Desire :TU:.

Didn't someone say 3 are now selling the Desire sim free for £350?

Yep I am on O2 Simplicity and it works fine! 600 mins, unlim texts and unlim net, all loaded up fine!

Yeah I heard 3 are...went into 3 of their stores to be told they arnt aware of the £350 unlocked price and they dont know when theyre getting them in (this was on friday)

EDIT: still cant see anywhere to buy on their site, and also their blogs been updated to show that the volcano has delayed shipping. Glad I got mine from handtec on friday :)

Last edited:
just watched a vid on YT and the Desire looks awesome - makes the iphone 3g look shite :(

reckon i'd get any money for a 3g iphone?

---

looking like 250-300 for the 3g still! interesting...

Last edited:
Bah! Really wanna get one :(

If its unlocked (like that one from Play), can I just put my O2 simcard in it from my iPhone?

Tis a lot of money though (brought an iPad last week), so not sure I can get it - but if I get another big job through, I might be tempted!

finaly you have realized the iphone is crap ;)

why o why did you buy a ipad though :LMAO:

finaly you have realized the iphone is crap ;)

why o why did you buy a ipad though :LMAO:

Was good in its time, but has been well surpassed and the 3G version is being well left behind.

Still believe the iPad is a quality device - gaming looks superb, its pick-up-and-use for web and email and watching videos using AirVideo is superb (got it on iPhone and iPad version is even higher res).

Got no regrets on that!

Too many Apple haterz for the sake of it.

Literally nobody wanted my £400 today!?

Most shops only doing it on contract and the one I found that wasnt (CPW), were advertising them on PAYG unlocked with T-Mobile for £399, but due to the problems with T-Mobile, they had withdrawn the £399 price and were doing them for £450.

So gonna have to go with Play :( Waste o'fudging time!

ARGH!! Now Play is saying 4-5 days :( Was 24 hours this morning... arse!!

===

Ordered through Handtec :DANCE:

Little bit more expensive, but putting it through my business anyway so works out around £350 after taking the VAT off.

... anybody want a mint 3G 8gb iPhone :LOL:

Last edited:
You're gonna love it.

I went round 10-15 shops in Leeds city centre on friday, nobody would take my cash either. Went home, saw handtech had them in, got it on the Saturday :)

Love it!

Cool, cheers Kev!

Need some Android App recommendations then chaps...

1) Games (not many I know and I'm not massively fussed TBH)

2) Social Apps, or stick with FriendStream?

3) News apps (can I add RSS as a widget page as I have about 10 feeds I check)

4) Alternative SMS apps?

5) Skype?

6) Emulators?

7) Anything else useful?!

1) On my phone I have Andoku, Bonsai Blast (Zuma), Flight Frenzy Lite (Flight Control on iPhone), Jewels (Bejeweled), PapiPole, PapiJump (Doodle Jump used this as a basic), Abduction: World Tour (Better than Doodle Jump), Replica Island, Speedx 3D, Tilt Lander, What The Doodle (Pictionary basically).

2) Facebook is obvious (pre-installed anyway) and Twidroid is the best Twitter client. FriendStream is great and all but the constant syncing is a battery drain really. You can set it to manual sync though.

3) There's a news widget already and you can choose to add your own feeds to it.

4) Handcent, easily the best.

5) No idea

6) SNES, Gameboy and NES emulators all run really well but controls can be fiddly with the on-screen d-pad.

7) CardioTrainer, PKTAuctions (eBay app), Engadget, Eurogamer, Google Goggles, Last.fm, MixZing (replacement media player), NetCounter, Shazam, TasKiller.

I still use default, works well...whats the difference with Handsent thing? Does it still all integrate within your contacts (ie when you click send message on their name itll load this app up?)

The UI is much better in general, the quick reply function works better, syncing with contacts and using photos for contacts is better. Just a better package overall :)

The UI is much better in general, the quick reply function works better, syncing with contacts and using photos for contacts is better. Just a better package overall :)

Considering its free, may as well try it :)

Dead excited today, pathetic to say I didnt sleep to well in excitement and actually had a dream about using the phone! (Ok, maybe not THAT sad as I did watch 90 mins of a guys video reviews about the Desire on YouTube before going to sleep at 1am :LOL:) - plus I was buzzing from a good night at darts.

Dags man... whats this 'root' thing and why is it good to do it?...

"Simple Last.fm Scrobbler" is quality if you want to scrobble by the way :)

Rooting your phone will give you full access to the file system on Nexus One. This will enable you to modify the phone’s firmware to whatever you want to have on your phone like themes, apps and custom ROMs just like you do on the jailbroken iPhone.

Easier than me trying to explain it :) It also allows some apps to run such as the flashlight, Ad-Free (blocks adverts in your browser) and some other bits and bobs. Really though, unless you want to change roms then it's not worth doing. I'm not sure if you can run the stock Android 2.1 OS on the Desire just yet but if you can (or when you can), it'll allow you to swap between using that OS and the Sense UI you'll be using today :)

"Simple Last.fm Scrobbler" is quality if you want to scrobble by the way :)

Easier than me trying to explain it :) It also allows some apps to run such as the flashlight, Ad-Free (blocks adverts in your browser) and some other bits and bobs. Really though, unless you want to change roms then it's not worth doing. I'm not sure if you can run the stock Android 2.1 OS on the Desire just yet but if you can (or when you can), it'll allow you to swap between using that OS and the Sense UI you'll be using today :)

Cool ta, probably leave it for now than?

Does the scrobbler pick up any tunes you play?

Gonna have to find some extra software as the HTC doesnt sync with Macs. Heard either DoubleTwist or ExtraSync is the way to go. Think DoubleTwist is an App for Android?

Hmmm, so much to learn :)

Back
Top Bottom