Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero IV - Create your own songs + more

I've just read some news that may slide me towards GH4 and away from Rockband!!!

Its rumoured the GH4 guitar will have a touch sensitive 'sliding' neck.

I am going to speculate this will mean no 'buttons' as such, but more like a laptop mouse pad type of afair.

If this is true, the limit to rhythm based action games is about to become unbound. Imagine being able to 'bend' notes, realistic hammer on/pulls that are touch sensitive, but more importantly, the ability to 'play' the whole neck of the guitar - not just either end like the RB one.

I will now be watching this with massive interest to see how it develops.

Oh, rumoured artists...

# Jimi Hendrix (awesome!!)
# The Doors
# Foo Fighters
# Smashing Pumpkins
# Korn
# System of a Down
# Ozzy Osbourne
# Interpol
# Muse

touch sensitive neck? Seems like that would be too hard for me - id have no idea where to put my fingers for the notes if you could put them anywhere.

Im not happy buying into GH again though because they're full of shit

They said they would release more dlc for GH2 than any other game and then immediately after the release they gave up on DLC and released tracks every few months in packs of 3 for a high price claiming they couldn't give them to us individually as it would cost too much.

Then rockband goes and deliver solo tracks and look so does GH3!

touch sensitive neck? Seems like that would be too hard for me - id have no idea where to put my fingers for the notes if you could put them anywhere.

Im not happy buying into GH again though because they're full of shit

They said they would release more dlc for GH2 than any other game and then immediately after the release they gave up on DLC and released tracks every few months in packs of 3 for a high price claiming they couldn't give them to us individually as it would cost too much.

Then rockband goes and deliver solo tracks and look so does GH3!

Agree with you totally on GH2 - I felt so conned too and sold it not long after buying it.

But after playing the real guitar, the fact they are trying to replicate that now as realistically as possible has made me moist, I won't lie to you.

Re: Guitar Hero 3 Xbox 360, PS3

Activision will be offering you the "Top Gun Anthem" for Guitar Hero III this Thursday.

It's to celebrate Independence Day and so it will be completely free, and Eurogamer's been told that the song will be on the European PS3 Store the same day.

"Top Gun Anthem" is an instrumental guitar piece. We could hum it to you but you're better off listening yourself. Importantly it isn't "Danger Zone" or "Take My Breath Away".

Did you know that Top Gun instructor Jester is played by Michael Ironside, who is known as the voice of Sam Fisher? You probably did actually. We're not special.

"Danger Zone" is far better.

Guitar Hero Champ Breaks His Own Record

The record setting teen is at it again! Chris Chike (known online and in-game as Iamchris4life) has broken his own Guinness world record of 840,647 points on the hardest song in the game, "Through the fire and the flames" and has now perfected the song with a flawless 100% (987,786 points and a 3722 note streak) on
expert---AND caught the whole performance on video (above)

The teen, who recently signed with The Ant Commandos guitar and peripheral company to be their spokesperson and help them design their next guitar, was recently challenged for his Guinness World record
title. But Chike has no doubt he will continue to be at the top of his game and will get the title back soon, declaring "It is pretty hard to beat 100%"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GpRJItqjw

Guitar Hero Champ Breaks His Own Record

The record setting teen is at it again! Chris Chike (known online and in-game as Iamchris4life) has broken his own Guinness world record of 840,647 points on the hardest song in the game, "Through the fire and the flames" and has now perfected the song with a flawless 100% (987,786 points and a 3722 note streak) on
expert---AND caught the whole performance on video (above)

The teen, who recently signed with The Ant Commandos guitar and peripheral company to be their spokesperson and help them design their next guitar, was recently challenged for his Guinness World record
title. But Chike has no doubt he will continue to be at the top of his game and will get the title back soon, declaring "It is pretty hard to beat 100%"..
Wow he should get a real guitar and a few mates... :LOL:

Re: Guitar Hero IV

Guitar Hero: World Tour to Incorporate Line 6 Pod Guitar Technology

Now gamers can get some real guitar processing technology.

Activision today announced that the next installment of Guitar Hero, "World Tour", will integrate Line 6's guitar tone technology, which will enable gamers to use amps, cabs and effects from Line 6's POD Music Studio. The game's new Music Studio lets players express their musical creativity by giving them access to a full complement of tools to compose, record, edit and share their own rock 'n' roll anthems.

The sound modeling technology of Line 6's POD is integrated into Guitar Hero World Tour's Music Studio so gamers can now join the ranks of elite POD using bands including, U2, Radiohead, Keane, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Story of the Year, Slipknot, Dashboard Confessional, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Garbage, Lenny Kravitz and countless others.

"With Guitar Hero World Tour's new Music Studio functionality, we wanted to give gamers access to the most authentic music creation tools available, so we went to the pacesetters of professional guitar technology—Line 6," said Dusty Welch, head of publishing for Activision/RedOctane. "The integration of Line 6 technology in the game underscores our commitment to delivering unprecedented innovation to the Guitar Hero franchise that has the potential to revolutionize consumer generated music".

A preview of Music Studio featuring exclusive screenshots, amp presets and content is available at www.line6.com/GH.

http://www.411mania.com/games/news/...-Incorporate-Line-6-Pod-Guitar-Technology.htm

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

fuck that shit why not just go out and buy a real guitar and learn to play it.
They are gonna take the fun out of the game especially when drunk at friends house and make it into real life shit.

"Death Magnetic," the entire album, available for Guitar Hero too!

It's a first in both music and gaming . . . the same day that "Death Magnetic" hits the streets, you'll be able to download every song from the album for "Guitar Hero III!" We are so psyched that we'll be the first out of the gate with this simultaneous release . . . who knows, maybe a few years from now this will be the norm when your favorite band's new record comes out.

And for those of you who are anxiously awaiting the next Guitar Hero, "World Tour," we're ready for that too . . . you will be able to experience "Death Magnetic" for drums, vocals, and guitar when that game emerges this Fall.

Keep watching here for the where, when, and how stuff . . .

They have just pissed all over my chips.

fuck that shit why not just go out and buy a real guitar and learn to play it.
They are gonna take the fun out of the game especially when drunk at friends house and make it into real life shit.

There will still be a huge gap between Guitar Hero and the real thing.

Acitivision are bastards for blocking the patches to allow Rockband guitars working on the Guitar Hero games (ps3) - it was so obvious they were doing it as they wanted to release the instruments themselves but the tough shit is... no matter how good they are and the new set list might be I'm not picking any more Guitar Heroes up until I can use my RB bits.

Jimi Hendrix officially announced as a playable character and 2 of his songs ship with the game with more to come via DLC!! Woo!

Also the demo song they did on the E3 coverage looked a lot better than the Rock Band 2 one

Create a characters/instruments looks ace
The drums look very nice
Create your own music sounds amazing as well

But I already have Rockband so if my instruments don't work on GH im not buying more instruments. And we know they'll bite us on the ass with half arsed over priced DLC every few months.

The good thing from this though is the competition between RB and GH should mean that both camps step up their games each year.

Last edited:

That's a joke if Activision block the RB instruments from working on their game but allow theirs to work on RB!

I like the drum set that comes with Guitar Hero World Tour and prefer Guitar Hero guitars, but actually prefer Rock Band as a game. Better DLC.

Good news, the GH: WT drum kit and guitar will work with Rock Band. Rock Band 2 is yet to be confirmed though.

Video showing more footage and giving more info.

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/944202/6194809/guitar-hero-world-tour-e3-2008-stage-show-demo

By the fact you have a PSN name, do you mean the kit is cross compatible on PS3?

By the fact you have a PSN name, do you mean the kit is cross compatible on PS3?

Damn, on second listening he did only mention the Xbox 360. Surely it wouldn't be that much of a bother to sort it for the PS3 aswell.

Well they've been blocking cross compatibility between them and rockband on the PS3 and not on the 360 so far so i wouldnt be surprised if peter moore blocks it again

It's 1-0 to GH:WT for song/instrument demonstrations at E3 anyways. The Rock Band 2 guys butchered Everlong.

2-0 if you count the new instruments.

You could say that it is 2-1 for potential DLC.

2-2 for better charts in RB.

3-2 for MUCH more DLC in RB.

4-2 for being able to play RB1 tracks in RB2.

Yeah I'd agree with most of those points - instrument demonstrations doesn't really make a difference to me but it was dumb to get people in to play RB2 who can't play the bleeding game.

I think the GH drums are great - the new guitar doesn't appeal to me though. I can't see myself ever using that pressure pad over the frets - it may well play more like a real guitar with you being able to slide your finger up and down and so on... but i'd never use it unless forced to.

Add one point to GH for the music studio as well - it looks like avery cool addition... and even though it will probably mean we cant create bootleg versions of tracks we want it still means unlimited free user created content.

Console wars are so last season. Now we've got setlist wars for music games. When Rock Band 2's formidable list was confirmed during E3 week, we uttered a low whistle for all the catching up Guitar Hero: World Tour would have to do to to keep it a competition.

Now, via the Something Awful forums comes what purports to be a leaked list of World Tour songs by their respective sections. Now, we know now that Rock Band and Guitar Hero are somewhat different in terms of who plays them and what their motivation is, and a great Rock Band song might've made a boring Guitar Hero III song. But are all bets off now that we've got band sets for both games?

And if so, let's play pretend for a sec, and imagine that what follows after the jump is actually Guitar Hero: World Tour's list. If it is, then who do you think's winning now?

Eagle Rock High School Tour:
"Dope Nose" by Weezer
"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
Encore: "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins

Big City Kids Tour:
"Roland" by Interpol
"Santeria" By Sublime
Encore: "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers

Feelin' Nostalgic Tour:
"Take It on the Run" by REO Speedwagon
"Hold the Line" by Toto
Encore: "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol

Vixens Tour:
"Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar
"All Around Me" by Flyleaf
Encore:"Misery Business" by Paramore

Undertow Tour:
"Stinkfist" by Tool
"Lateralus" by Tool
"Schism" by Tool

Synchronicity Tour:
"Guitar Battle Vs. Sting" (Guitar Career Only)
Encore: "Every Breath You Take" by The Police

Fight the System Tour:
"The Kids Aren't Alright" by The Offspring
The Good Left Undone" by Rise Agaisnt
Encore: "Bleed it Out" by Linkin Park

QQ Tour:
"Face Down" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
"The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
Encore: "Thank You for the Venom" by My Chemical Romance

Rockin the Carnival Tour:
"Dammit" by Blink 182
"When You Heat Stops Beating" by +44

Neva' Forget Tour:
"Jumpin Jack Flash" by The Rolling Stones
"Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult
Encore: "Light My Fire" by The Doors

We Want the Funk Tour:
"Give it Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Renegades of Funk" by Rage Agaisnt the Machines
Encore: "No Sleep till Brooklyn" by The Beastie Boys Feat. Kerry King

Rockin' the Joint Tour:
"Are You Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz
"I Don't wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith

On Top of the World Tour:
"Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains
"Kickstart My Heart" by Mötley Crüe
Encore: "Spin the Black Circle" by Pearl Jam

G. Stinger Tour:
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
"Car Chase City" by Tenacious D
Encore: "Everlong" by Foo Fighters

Lands End Tour:
"Animal" by Def Leppard
"Runaway" by Bon Jovi
Encore: "Paradise City" by Guns N' Roses

Doin' it Different Tour:
"Song for the Dead" by Queens of the Stone Age
"Vasoline" by Stone Temple Pilots
Encore: "Assassin" by Muse

Hootin' and Hollerin' Tour:
"The Boys Are Back in Town" By Thin Lizzy
"Life in the Fastlane" by The Eagles
Encore:"Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

All Pissed Off Tour:
"Here to Stay" by KoRn
"Dragula" by Rob Zombie
Encore: "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold

Here Me Roar Tour:
"10,000 Fists" by Disturbed
"Duality" by Slipknot
Encore: "Toxicity" by System of a Down

S.D.M.F. Tour:
"Guitar Battle Vs. Zakk Wylde" (Guitar Career Only)
*Encore: "Demise of Sanity" by Black Label Society

Fathers of Metal Tour:
"Don't Talk to Strangers" by Dio
"Heaven and Hell" by Black Sabbath
Encore: "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne

Making Progress Tour:
"The Spirit of Radio" by Rush
"Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd
Encore: "Pull Me Under" by Dream Theater

Eruption Tour:
"Beat it" by Micheal Jackson Feat. Eddie Van Halen
"Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen

Tooth Fang & Claw Tour:
"Guitar Battle Vs. Ted Nugent" (Guitar Career Only)
Encore: "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent

Decades of Metal Tour
"Warriors of Time" by Black Tide
"Leather Rebel" by Judas Priest
Encore: "Hallowed be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden

Livin' in a Nightmare Tour:
"Angel of Death" by Slayer
"Tornado of Souls" by Megadeth
Encore: "Master of Puppets" by Metallica

Legends of Rock Tour:
"Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry
"The Wind Cries Mary" by Jimi Hendrix
Encore: "Purple Haze (Live)" by Jimi Hendrix

Bonus Tour:
"45" by Shinedown
"96 Quite Bitter Beings" by CKY
"Bombshell" by Powerman 5000
"Clavado en un Bar" by Maná
"Enjoy the Silence" by Lacuna Coil
"Feuer Frei" by Rammstein
"Fury of the Storm" by Dragonforce
"Never Too Late" by The Answer
"Nottingham Lace" by Buckethead
"One Armed Scissor" by At The Drive-In
"Satch Boogie" by Joe Satriani
"Schrei" by Tokio Hotel
"Soul Doubt" by NOFX

"We're An American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad
"Guitar Battle Vs. Sting" by Sting
"Guitar Battle Vs. Ted Nugent" By Ted Nugent
"Guitar Battle Vs. Zakk Wylde" by Zakk Wylde

Sample Songs:
"Untitled Drum Sample" created by Chad Smith
"Untitled Drum Sample" created by Dave Grohl
"Untitled Drum Sample" created by Travis Barker
"Cliffs of Dover" created by Neversoft
"Misirlou" created by Neversoft
"Walk This Way" created by Neversoft
"YYZ" created by Neversoft

Quite a impressive set list - I think ill wait for a 100% official word because we even had that 'leaked rockband 2 youtube' setlist which looked official and was still wrong so...

Think i'll still pick this up as long as the rockband instruments work - the set list itself would come to more than the retail price if i downloaded it through rockband and then you have the music studio!

I love it when we get 2 games fighting at each other and who are REALLY trying their best to beat the other (take note Seabass!)

I'm not entirely impressed with the setlist to be honest. There's a few standout tracks on there which I'd like, but not sure it'd be worth £40 for the solus.

Tracks that have me interested...

"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World (Girlffriend like it so any excuse to get her playing)

"Mr. Brightside" by The Killers - Passable but something i know which is nice

Encore: "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol

Synchronicity Tour:
"Guitar Battle Vs. Sting" (Guitar Career Only)
- Nice idea they have sting in the game ... everyu breath you take seems a bit UN rock though.

"The Kids Aren't Alright" by The Offspring
Encore: "Bleed it Out" by Linkin Park

"Jumpin Jack Flash" by The Rolling Stones
"Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult
Encore: "Light My Fire" by The Doors

"Give it Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Are You Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz
"I Don't wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
"Car Chase City" by Tenacious D
"Everlong" by Foo Fighters

"Paradise City" by Guns N' Roses

"The Boys Are Back in Town" By Thin Lizzy
"Life in the Fastlane" by The Eagles
Encore:"Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Making Progress Tour:
"The Spirit of Radio" by Rush
"Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd

"Beat it" by Micheal Jackson Feat. Eddie Van Halen
"Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen

Encore: "Hallowed be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden
Encore: "Master of Puppets" by Metallica

"Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry
"Purple Haze (Live)" by Jimi Hendrix (I had hoped for voodoo child)

Bonus Tour: (also known as foreign shite ill never play)

Sample Songs:
"Cliffs of Dover" created by Neversoft
"Walk This Way" created by Neversoft
"YYZ" created by Neversoft[/QUOTE]

---

The rest - i probably know the tracks but i dont know them by title alone

Back
Top Bottom