Grand Theft Auto 5

No, I´m not. There´s no need to do so, I think.
That´s the rig I got:
i7 4790K
8 GB RAM
Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB

Turning off the Tesselation didn´t help either.
Gave me like 5 more mins to play, lol.

This really sucks. The game runs so smooth, but this is bugging me out, makes it unplayable.

There is another thing I found on a forum that I´ll try.

Someone gave a hint, to install MSI Afterburner and clock down the card a few MHz.
I´ll try that, hope it helps.

Placebo said:
Are you overclocking your graphics card? It's apparently very sensitive to that.

EDIT: Your tip could be it though, as I´m not sure whether my card is overclocked by factory or not.
I´ll check when I get home (still in the office), as it´s possible that my card´s name got an "OC" in the end.
So thx anyway!

EDIT 2: New Patch just came out! I hope this one solves the problem!

Last edited:
Yeah mine is an OC edition as well, my CPU was overclocked and I had a lot of stability issues in GTA which I never had in windows or other games before.

The patch doesn´t seem to fix the ERR_D3D_GFX_INIT Problem.

Yeah mine is an OC edition as well, my CPU was overclocked and I had a lot of stability issues in GTA which I never had in windows or other games before.

CPU or GPU? If GPU how much did you clock it down?
I checked my hardware and I got an OC version as well.

Guess if I´ll clock it down it might help.

Didn´t have time yesterday though, watched the Bayern Porto game and then went straight to bed.

I have both my CPU and GFX card overclocked and makes no difference to the running of the game..

My mate though who has an ATI graphics card, funnily enough the 290X just like you and he has errors all the time whilst playing, with the game constantly crashing and bugs.. It might just be an ATI thing.

Mhhh not really. The Nvidia forum is also full of users having the same problem.
That´s the strange thing about it, it seems to happen with the most different hardware combinations.

Wow, that looks amazing. Don't have a good pc and have been a console player for a lot of year but man this is a clear example of why a high end pc Always beats a console.

It appears GTA 6 has now been leaked by a guy doing motion capture on the game.

Motion capture happens in the latter stages of development, so the game is expecting to be released in 2019/2020.

The guy is the actor for both GTA VI and Red Redemption 2.
And it's unlikely both games will be released in the same year, so my guess is that we'll have RR2 in 2019 and GTA VI in 2020.

The guy is the actor for both GTA VI and Red Redemption 2.
And it's unlikely both games will be released in the same year, so my guess is that we'll have RR2 in 2019 and GTA VI in 2020.

RR2 was announced for this fall and now for spring 2018. Do you really think they will release it 2019?

A new realism mod has just been released on PC.

I was just watching this new mod a couple of days ago, and I wanted to get it so bad. But it's so hard to get GTA mods, because you need many different tools, and this NaturalVision mod video also has other mods added, but not included in the download. So you have to search for each of them individually and apply them too. Kind of tiresome.

I installed this game again after more than 5 years. :)
And oh my, has this title aged well!!

I just noticed last night, that I was playing this the first time on my 55KS9090 (wich I bought in 2017) and the colors look awesome!

I have a decent part of singleplayer left to play so it’s all good. Can’t wait for the PS5 upgrade!

Btw: the PS4 is pretty silent while playing, never going into jetfighter mode. The share menu opens much faster as well.

This game is from 2013!! Unbelievable, imo!!

Chapeau, Rockstar! :WORSHIP:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom