GERMANY Schönheit und Effizienz

Re: Germany - Schönheit und Effizienz

Does this all really matter now?

don´t matter anymore in 21. century what is your skin colour or ethnics..

i have a friend, his father is from viet nam, his mother is slovak...he never was in Vietnam, only first in 23 years of age... he don´t know the language, nothing...he is perfect slovak in all way and that despite he don´t look as Slovak..

to say such things about people who are RAISED and SPEAK other than what their parents or grandparents is very offensive and disrespectfull...

Ozil and Khedira ARE Germans, Balotelli IS Italian and those who don´t agree are either stupid or racist.

Exactly.

Anyway Low fucked around with the starting line and formation today and Germany has paid for it now in 1st half. Don't fix what's not broken. Don't change a winning team. Germany's rolled past everyone so far this tourney playing that attackign formation with two attacking wingers and Ozil behind forward. Now this game, suddenly this...

He's sat out both Muller and Reus for Kroos who should really be in place of the injured Schweini who's not been good at all and has ankle problems.

Reus, Muller and Schurrle are lively, young and make penetrative runs. They're missing that right now. Khedira at least looks full of energy and is supporting a lonely Gomez up front with some runs.

Low needs to make things right at half time. It's been a poor half and at least one change in form of Reus is needed. I'd take out Bastian who isn't fully fit clearly and put Kroos in CM in his place with Ozil in his normal AMF position with Reus on right and Muller/Schurrle to come on for Podolski on left if he doesn't impress soon.

Gomez has had no service.

Two stupid defensive mistakes by Germany's otherwise solid back line has really cost them today as Balotelli has been great and taken both chances!

Yep, Loew screwed up big time today. But I take it. Much better than losing another final. :P

Damn, unlucky for Germany.. Hoped they'd go all the way, just so could are Ozil play more, the guy is superb a lot better than I'd ever have imagined! IMO he has been Player of The Tournament so far, totally outstanding.

to say such things about people who are RAISED and SPEAK other than what their parents or grandparents is very offensive and disrespectfull...

Ozil and Khedira ARE Germans, Balotelli IS Italian and those who don´t agree are either stupid or racist.

:WORSHIP::WORSHIP: Pipa.

Always been big a fan of Joachim Low and I still am but he fucked up today!

Prandelli outsmarted him and tactically outdid him big time!

If Germany are gonna do NOTHING but cross to the box in 2nd half (something like 20 crosses were made from sidelines) then why not have Klose AND Gomez in there?! You're down 2 goals already. Don't take out the tournament's top scorer! You know what type of havoc that can cause! Most defensive lines struggle to keep one of them quiet let alone both.

Schweini's ankles really fucked up and he was misplacing passes uncharacteristically all over again today! The fact that Low wasn't brave enough to sacrifice him by putting Kroos there and bringing in a fast/penetrative player like Schurrle/Muller in earlier, cost them.

You could see as soon as Reus came in 2nd half they looked better. But Gomez shouldn't have gone out. They were a bit negative today and also a bit unlucky.

Hummels himself could've scored two goals!

Referee had a bad game as well. Some of the fouls were jokes like Barzagli bumping into Hummels but ref giving free kick to Italy and that eating up another minute.

It was funny how in the first half Cassano laid on field when clearly nothing is wrong with him for a min and a half alone, and yet injury/extra time was 1 min ONLY in 1st half!

Then Balotelli did same in 2nd half, was also okay and that's why he didn't even need the stretcher and walked off himself.

A lot of time was wasted overall and Italy played it very professionally.

All in all though, the ref wasn't decisive. It was Germany's tactics that were lackluster today against a superbly put together Italy side and Mario finally taking his chances! Italy deserve to be in the final!

Agree with PLF on the ref - he played into Italy's hands a bit. Montolivo's substition alone took over a minute, and the ref did nothing about it. But if there's one thing you know, it's that the Italians will use things like that to their advantage.

And they were awesome. Germany despite good possession didn't create truly great openings, whereas Italy really did.

Also a note on Ozil - he's magnificent but can someone not get him fit? I mean, at his age, he HAS to be able to contribute for more than 55/60 minutes of a match. Get that man a training regime dammit!

What I want to say is that Germany while playing good is a bit overrated. Against good teams like France, Italy or Spain it will be much more difficult to win.

Like I said a few days ago, Germany's team is overrated, against good teams it lacks bite.

Podolsky with Gomez didn't work out, Klose with Reus were more dangerous, but they came too late into the game. Khedira though was the best player for Germany.

Italy won deservedly and could have won 4:1 if they were a bit more secure in exploiting very good opportunities.

i was surprised the ref was from France, no offence to France referees, but i mean the historic background of Germany and France is not most friendly..even in people outside europe i think this is something they have in back of their minds...

Damn, unlucky for Germany.. Hoped they'd go all the way, just so could are Ozil play more, the guy is superb a lot better than I'd ever have imagined! IMO he has been Player of The Tournament so far, totally outstanding.

If anything, they were lucky that they didn't lose more as Italy was exceptional today and won deservedly.

There wasn't much Schönheit und Effizienz today, but a good tournament overall for Germany. They lost to a better team today, and have nothing to be angry about.

Özil had a good tournament, but I don't agree with you that he's been the player of the tournament. Pirlo is a much better candidate to be honest.

i was surprised the ref was from France, no offence to France referees, but i mean the historic background of Germany and France is not most friendly..even in people outside europe i think this is something they have in back of their minds...

The referee made one or two wrong decisions but nothing really decisive and he granted Germany a penalty.

So much for extra days for rest... that factor showed, holiday could of set in maybe? no worries, Germany were fantastic and played a good tourney, seeing so many pretty birds tearing up I wish,I could consolidated a few :SMUG:

heads held high no shame in your run. I hope Podolski does better at The Arsenal.

Wasn't deserved for us to win this game, Italy was better in all aspects. The ref made some wrong decisions, but it wasn't his fault at all, he even gave us a penalty that was none. Löw did start with the wrong 11 and then made things worse with taking Gomez off instead of bringing Klose for Kroos. In the end we can be pretty happy Italy didn't use one of their many counters to win even higher. I missed the creativity and the combination game we used to show earlier this tournament, there were only crosses and there was only one forward against at least four Italian defenders, how were Gomez and later Klose supposed to score in this situation?

In the end it is like in 2006 and 2010: Played quite a good tournament but lost confidence before the semi-final and played a disappointingly bad match, before getting kicked out of the tournament.

I have nothing against Italy and Spain (i think they deserve to be in the final). But it is a shame that the Germany since roughly 2006 can't win silverware, because this is a very attractive team.

I remember (West)-Germany all those years when they were succesfull, they were good but very, very boring (people who are complaining about Spain now should watch the German team of the 1990 WC tournament for example).

I hope the DFB doesn't change it's politics regarding the national team and football in general. In Germany football is played and administrated like it should be. You are an example for the rest of the world.

I have to say, I think Kroos was comfortably the worst player on the pitch last night. Time and again he wasted chances or simply gave the ball away, he was the least "urgent" player in the second half. While a lot of the German players were frantically trying to engineer a goal, Toni Kroos was amiably pottering around, skipping along like a kid just starting his school holidays. He was making all this noise about "only being a back-up player" and insisting he should start every game, well he shrank from duty last night and he will need to play a lot better now to get the shirt ahead of the likes of Reus, Götze, Schürrle and Müller. And with players like Draxler already younger than him he could be set to be on the bench for a long time.

I have to say, I think Kroos was comfortably the worst player on the pitch last night. Time and again he wasted chances or simply gave the ball away, he was the least "urgent" player in the second half. While a lot of the German players were frantically trying to engineer a goal, Toni Kroos was amiably pottering around, skipping along like a kid just starting his school holidays. He was making all this noise about "only being a back-up player" and insisting he should start every game, well he shrank from duty last night and he will need to play a lot better now to get the shirt ahead of the likes of Reus, Götze, Schürrle and Müller. And with players like Draxler already younger than him he could be set to be on the bench for a long time.

Though I agree with you that Kroos was dreadful.. Surely Boateng was the worst on the pitch? Wasteful on the ball, and I don't remember him successfully tackle a single player, when a defender can't tackle who know he's had a bad game

we might have the best players, the best team, we are completely lacking MEN that actually want to win something.

this strategy of playing nice is not germany and is not getting us anywhere in the coming years.

WHOA!! that's a bit harsh! your football HAS gotten u somewhere! over the last 4 years germany has been consistantly on top of the world (along with spain); u got to the euro final 4 years ago, u reached the semi-finals 2 years ago (and in both cases u lost to the team wich eventually won the competition, wich also happens to be the only team who has achieved more than you over a 4 years span).... and now u got to the semi-finals.... and the fact that u feel disappointed about the result speaks volumes about what sort of expectations germany's football has generated over the last few years.
i understand the frustration for not having won a trophy over the last 4 years, with such a fantastic team, may lead to rushed judgements, but u're definitely going in the right direction.
so, like bebo said.... keep your chin up guys, this team will win something.... and even if it won't, it'll still be remembered as a great team. :))

No worries, after Spain domination is over (I hope that will happend not before 2016) Germany is going to be a team that dethroned the king :) Löw can blaim himself this time, lovely football from Italy.

Its frustrating but Germany have to accept that currently theirs a group of players at Barcelona and the Spanish NT which are creating history and are one of those 'lightning in a bottle' teams who are at the peak of their powers. Theirs no shame in coming 2nd to them.

Germany would probably be World Champions and United would have another 2 European Cups, unfortunately we have to live with it and wait for this group to age out.

Its frustrating but Germany have to accept that currently theirs a group of players at Barcelona and the Spanish NT which are creating history and are one of those 'lightning in a bottle' teams who are at the peak of their powers. Theirs no shame in coming 2nd to them.
and there's no shame in coming 2nd to us :COOL: i mean, it was italia who beated em, not espana.
i'm not gloating or trying to be an ass here, it's just that..... ok yeah, maybe i am trying to be a bit of an ass here :DD

:DD How did that work out?

Anyway my point was more in reference to the Euro 2008 final, and the World Cup Semi, both Germany looked odds on to win at that point.

Very impressive win over Ecuador :WORSHIP: That Pod is supposedly have surgery :CONFUSE: . The weather here is not only extremely HOT! but humidity is worse. Why play at the hottest point of the day here 3pm :MAD:

I expect a spanking of epic proportion on Sunday :)

Seeing Schürrle and Podolski playing for the NT is a pain in the arse (with few exceptions of course). Very poor first 70 minutes today. Kruse made a great match, hope we'll see him more often playing for us.

Well, Podi was playing in the middle :CONFUSE:. I think the US were rather good w/ Jones+Bradley in the middle. Jones is a thug(muscle) in the middle ,while Bradely is the brains . The German probably had more chances then the US. I`m happy the Germans took a tour and help us for WC qualifications :WORSHIP: .

@Rentalkid FACTS: the last time the US beat a top ranking European side they went on a winning spree *WC*Euros :SMUG:

btw German`s young players are extremely talented Kruse, Draxler and SAm :WORSHIP:

Miro Klose is the epitome of class. Definitely on my list of favourite players ever.

Back
Top Bottom