GERMANY Schönheit und Effizienz

Re: Germany - Schönheit und Effizienz

you are so laughable hahaha...

born and raised in germany, german mother, lived his whole life in germany. and he is tunisian? do you smoke your ouzo down there in greece?!

what the hell...

Oh, I thought that was the reason he doesn't even sing your country's national theme.. Like Ozil (Turkish) and so many others. I wonder why you don't call it something like Germany Football Club.

wow. your so pitful. you think that france must kick the whole black & north african players out of his squad? and england as well? balotelli isnt a italian.

omg! zidane was never french! an benzema, no way. not a frenchmen! samir nasri must play for algeria. theo walcott isnt even english, he plays for jamaika! Pepe is although no portugese.

/ironic mode off.

Sometimes im wondering why greece is europe.

Both posts were provocative and completely unnecessary. Why add insult to injury, oNeBerlin? You basically asked for a comment like that.
These forums, luckily, have a lot of class compared to places with much heavier traffic - let's keep it that way and treat each other with respect.

Greece played a very good Euro nonetheless. They were the underdogs again and were able to surprise. Against Germany they weren't able to live up to their potential, yes, but you can't always beat the odds. Nobody has the right to look down on them.

wow. your so pitful. you think that france must kick the whole black & north african players out of his squad? and england as well? balotelli isnt a italian.

omg! zidane was never french! an benzema, no way. not a frenchmen! samir nasri must play for algeria. theo walcott isnt even english, he plays for jamaika! Pepe is although no portugese.

/ironic mode off.

Sometimes im wondering why greece is europe.

Actually, you are right so I recall what I said.

But answering to your last phrase ("greece may play basketball. not football."), when was your last time winning something then? Mine was 8 years ago. (And take that "may" away from basketball :SMUG: )

if i would provocate, i do this in the greece thread.

my posted picture shows perfectly what i think about the style of 10-man-defense football.

But answering to your last phrase ("greece may play basketball. not football."), when was your last time winning something then? Mine was 8 years ago. (And take that "may" away from basketball :SMUG: )

ok ;) those discussions about the family backround from members of our nationalsquad are so stupid. they are born and raised in germany. lived their whole life in germany. they learn football in germany. played for german youth teams. so they are germans. nothing more, nothing less.

yeah, you were 2004 deserved champions.

we have a saying in germany: "auch ein blindes huhn findet mal ein korn"

in english its like: "Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn." ;)

Yeah if he is born in Germany and lived all his life there, then there cannot be a problem with him playing for Germany. I can see people having a problem with the guy Cacau, as he lived in Brazil most of his life and only moved to Europe in 1998-9 and the move was only to play football professionally, but I dont think anyone can have a problem with Khedira. Also doesn't Greece have a guy called José Holebas in the squad who was born in Germany and lived there up to 2010?

Im not that impress with Germany today! No Poldoski :COAT: Schuerrle tried to impress too much, made shots everywhere except the target. Poldoski plays with a certain calmness and maturity . I think ,if the regular starter would of started it would of been a much heavy scoreline in the 1st half. Boateng and Schweinsteiger had a horrid game. Spain would destroy tonight`s Germany , but every game is approach differently and Greece were weak in the defensive department too many holes. Their defense were like straws waiting to be burn.

I respect Greece no doubt they reach this far and w/o their best player it was a tough draw. I could not believe how ozil walked, past their mids - back line like he was invisible. :JAY:

Sorry to get in the middle, but, seriously, how can a greek try to be "proud" of their football in front of the germans? Geez, your only achievement in your history was that cup, Germany is a multiple times world champion with a richer history... don't get mad, but also don't say that your country is OMFG so good...

I couldn't disagree more with bebo.

Germany were fantastic for the most part tonight and it was nice to see the hungry talented Marco Reus and Andre Schurrle play ahead of Podolski and Muller.

Ideally I'd play Reus, Gomez and Gotze but that won't happen for another year.

Khedira has turned into such a BEAST! He was amazing in the first half and everywhere! 2nd half he did more good work and scored the vital 2nd goal.

Yeah if he is born in Germany and lived all his life there, then there cannot be a problem with him playing for Germany. I can see people having a problem with the guy Cacau, as he lived in Brazil most of his life and only moved to Europe in 1998-9 and the move was only to play football professionally, but I dont think anyone can have a problem with Khedira. Also doesn't Greece have a guy called José Holebas in the squad who was born in Germany and lived there up to 2010?

Holebas was born in Germany to Greek / Uruguayan parents.

Khedira is even half German isn't he? lol, these discussions are funny. Khedira, Ozil and co are very much German.

Firstly congrats you've been better and it was expected.

Secondly yeah we are better at basketball than to football, whats the matter?

About Holebas, he is the only "foreign", we do not have 11 or even more but i do not have problem about this.

I also want to comment about "10-man-defense football".
Okay this is how we can play, sorry guys but we don't have players from R. Madrid, Bayern, etc.
We have from OSFP, PAOK, PAO and some exclusions (Schalke, Werder, Celtic, etc.)
"This is the life"
Don't forget that Chelsea had the similar technique against Barca and i don't know who else.
Everything is depending on team and opponent's power.

Good luck for next matches but i actually support France and Italy now ;)

Sorry, but in that picture, I see a Tunisian wearing a German shirt and a Greek guy wearing a Greek shirt.

And your point is?

Please don't go there again.

To everyone, I don't want to see any kind of this chit chat in here.

Thank you.

And your point is?

Please don't go there again.

To everyone, I don't want to see any kind of this chit chat in here.

Thank you.

You are right and as I already wrote, I recall what I posted as it was clear b***shit.
I replied without thinking to a comment that I felt, "challenged" me and probably some other users (mainly Greek).

@Deranzeef Obviously Germany in Football >>>>>>> Greece in Football, I just replied to that offensive phrase ("greece may play basketball. not football"). I will not however, accept any doubts about how OMFG is my country at basketball. :)

Firstly congrats you've been better and it was expected.

Secondly yeah we are better at basketball than to football, whats the matter?

About Holebas, he is the only "foreign", we do not have 11 or even more but i do not have problem about this.

I also want to comment about "10-man-defense football".
Okay this is how we can play, sorry guys but we don't have players from R. Madrid, Bayern, etc.
We have from OSFP, PAOK, PAO and some exclusions (Schalke, Werder, Celtic, etc.)
"This is the life"
Don't forget that Chelsea had the similar technique against Barca and i don't know who else.
Everything is depending on team and opponent's power.

Good luck for next matches but i actually support France and Italy now ;)

Isn't Ninis of Albanian descent?

I couldn't disagree more with bebo.

Germany were fantastic for the most part tonight
i wouldn't go as far as bebo (and i certainly didn't mind at all reus and shurrle), but i also wouldn't say that was a fantastic performance. actually, by their standards, they looked a bit sloppy.
sure the match was huge fun and i enjoyed watching it, but germany were susprisingly careless in possession... their passing game in their own half was naive at best, as they repeatedly (and stupidly) forced risky lateral passes in circumstances where lateral passes are absolutely to be avoided. i found it quite surprising actually.
also shweini was having a pretty bad night yesterday and so was hummels (who made 4 or 5 pretty bad mistakes, wich is quite unusual for him)..... and i also didn't like boateng at all (he reminded me too much of the "sloppy, careless jerome" and not enough of the "good jerome" we got to see so far in this tournament).

i'd say theese are way too many "buts" to call it a fantastic performance. mind u, i'm not saying they were poor or disappointing (that would be preposterous), and if we were talking about any other team (except spain) that would have been a great performance..... but not for this team.... expectations are higher with this germany, as this team can do much better than that.
and yeah, like bebo said, spain would have demolished yesterday's germany, no doubt about that.... greece was unable to punish germany for their sloppiness yesterday. but spain is a lot less "forgiving" than greece and would have made germany pay for almost every silly possession loss in their own half yesterday.
having said that i'm also confident germany will step up their game against more dangerous opponents (and absolutely no disrespect meant to our greek friends here... u guys should be proud of your guys' performance yesterday :)) )

Last edited:

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing it up.;)

Reus goal was offside, if Gekas arm counts as offside, then so did Klose's when he pointed for the through ball.

FD

@esk2:Well,justify it.And first of all he was born in North Epirus,that was originally Greek.That's what is said in all history books you're going to find.It was just given to Albania post-WWI.And he was born to Greek parents.

Two of the german goals yesterday were due to the mistakes of the goalkeeper. Lahm's goal, although very nicely made, could have been prevented by a better goalkeeper and Klose's header would have been prevented if the goalkeeper hadn't come out of his line.

Goalkeepers usually leave the line if they can get to the ball and they use all their power and skill to get to it, Greece's goalkeeper was lame, insecure and incompetent when he left his line.

That said, Khedira's goal was pretty much unstoppable by the goalkeeper, but the mistake was made before when the defense let the ball come into that area. It could have been stopped through a heading.

What I want to say is that Germany while playing good is a bit overrated. Against good teams like France, Italy or Spain it will be much more difficult to win.

Germany and Portugal are the best teams i've seen this tournament. Although i love Spain (i would like a final Spain-Germany), i think both those teams are a lot stronger.

France is overrated.
England are the defensive masters and can win the tournament.
Italy is an enigma to me: at times brilliant and sometimes very vulnerable.

I don't like Portugal, but they are very, very strong.

I think Germany looks to be this tournament's happiest team. The players and manager seem to be having fun and this really shows in their football - as long as it continues like this, I don't mind seeing Germany going all the way. I see this in Italy too, and to a lesser extent England (since Roy came in). I think this is very important for a team and says a lot about their potential.

milanista said:
I think Germany looks to be this tournament's happiest team. The players and manager seem to be having fun and this really shows in their football - as long as it continues like this, I don't mind seeing Germany going all the way. I see this in Italy too
well, either italy or germany will be a lot less "happy" tomorrow :P

anyway guys, big match tomorrow! how do u feel about it? if we show up in a decent form, this could be a very entertaining game... otherwise i believe it'll be a "one team show".
i don't really have high hopes for us tomorrow, but then again, i already consider myself absolutely satisfied with our tournament so far, so it wouldn't be too bad losing to u lot, especially since u have an absolutely magnificent team.

having said that, i obviously wouldn't mind getting to the final :P
i would wish u good luck, but i'm afraid we'll need luck much more than u tomorrow. :))

One more win and we get the re-match against Spain. And the whole nation stands behind our team!

choreo-deutschland.jpg

Auf gehts Deutschland, kämpfen und siegen!

Last edited:

I wish Reus would start with Gomez today.

Then bring on Muller or Klose in 2nd half if needed.

What an oppening 20 minutes. Cracking match so far, really impressed with Germany's attacking intent, as well as Italy's danger men when they get forward.

Back
Top Bottom