GERMANY Schönheit und Effizienz

Re: Germany - Schönheit und Effizienz

Yep, can't follow these guys criticizing him, I always thought about him as a top goal scorer and he proves it again and again.

Let's hope, the second half will be as positive as the first one and we can find the back of the net again to have another victory over the campers (:P) and qualify for the next round.

Surprisingly no cards or much heated flare-ups in this first half.

I expect tempers to blow up and some cards (maybe a red card and penalty) to be awarded in 2nd half. SHould be a lot more of a FIGHT in 2nd half. So far, pretty quiet and Germany lead thanks to Super Mario.

Yeeeeees! Match 2, Victory 2! See you in the next round gentlemen!

More objective: Think we did quite a good match until Hummels was trapped on the wrong foot by RVP and the last fifteen minutes were only there for us to win some time, this wasn't beautiful any more. Nevertheless I think the victory was well deserved and I am happy we can now go into the match against Denmark with nearly no pressure.

Yes well deserved and Germany are very strong.

ONLY thing I don't like is why Low doesn't make substitutions or VERY late.

He also seems in love with Podolski. Granted Lukas has great record with Germany but if you're gonna start him over more talented players like Gotze, Reus, Schurlle then at least SUB the guy out when he's not playing particularly well around 70th minute.

I hope he uses all 3 subs and not make 2nd substitution in 80th minute.

Germany has probably one of if not the best bench in all of tournament! Gotze, Bender, Reus, Mertesacker, Klose, Schurlle, Schmelzer, so lets USE them!

Other than that, Germany great.

I put a bet on Super Mario to become top scorer of tourney BEFORE this game because I expected the shaky Netherlands defense would likely not be able to handle him and then his odds would drop significantly and after 2 goals, they now have dropped massively! :D

Neuer just a best goalkeeper, Boateng is desperate guy, Gomez is machine, Bundesteam as always on top, Great job Lads! :D

Hummels with yet another great performance as well.

Him and Badstuber might be Germany's CB partnership for next decade! :D

Neuer really is great and getting better and better!

Hummels with yet another great performance as well.

Him and Badstuber might be Germany's CB partnership for next decade! :D

Neuer really is great and getting better and better!
Yes, this pair of defenders stymied a lot of attacks, some Dutch individual players. As for changing generation, I think you can relax here, because everyone recognizes that now Germany is going through its peak youth football and youth players is ensured for years to come. ;)

About the Neuer, our commentator said that today is probably he is best goalkeeper in the world. Is he right? :P

Last edited:

He's fantastic but in terms of pure experience, of course he's still way below guys like Buffon and Casillas and even behind Cech.

How important is that? Well, it might be very important IF Neuer's personality was different. For me, he already seems experienced enough and has just as much confidence and composure as an older more experienced Neuer would so not a big deal.

Seriously the only thing I hate about the coach Lowe are hes sub decision making. the game could have ended as a DRAW... Clearly podolsky and muller where very Tired and he didnt sub them when there is REUS,gotze and many more capable player that could have finish those counter attack and put the game to bed.

He's fantastic but in terms of pure experience, of course he's still way below guys like Buffon and Casillas and even behind Cech.

How important is that? Well, it might be very important IF Neuer's personality was different. For me, he already seems experienced enough and has just as much confidence and composure as an older more experienced Neuer would so not a big deal.

I think mentally Neuer is well above his age.

Germany overall looking really good, looking forward to Germany - Spain game.

.... and I am happy we can now go into the match against Denmark with nearly no pressure.

Not true. We need a point at last to ensure qualification for KO-stage. If we lose and Portugal wins, we are out of the tournament, so better not lose against Denmark, otherwise we depend on the netherlands... ;)

Yes well deserved and Germany are very strong.

ONLY thing I don't like is why Low doesn't make substitutions or VERY late.

He also seems in love with Podolski. Granted Lukas has great record with Germany but if you're gonna start him over more talented players like Gotze, Reus, Schurlle then at least SUB the guy out when he's not playing particularly well around 70th minute.

That's exactly the topic I don't get.
This time Podolski was better than in first game - especially in defense.
But I wished to substitute him (Schürrle, Götze or Reus) after the netherland scored.

Not true. We need a point at last to ensure qualification for KO-stage. If we lose and Portugal wins, we are out of the tournament, so better not lose against Denmark, otherwise we depend on the netherlands... ;)

That is why I wrote the "nearly". Denmark has to attack at the beginning, we are not forced to win to get through the next round, a draw would be enough. Although I still believe we won't play defensively and I expect us to win against Denmark, too.

Hummels just looked like Sammer at points the way he drove forward with authority. Comfortable on the ball and is a great foil for Badstuber.

But Podolski is lucky he has all those brownie points in the bag from performances past because i felt he was very dissapointing again. Schurrle was the easy choice to come on and replace him. Bender will play RB next game but i would like to see Lahm goto RB with Schmelzer going to LB but that ain't going to happen :(

höwedes playing as rb in the next game makes much more sense tbh.

Can we expect Gotze or Reus as starter in next match, or Low will continue with same men?

More than likely the same starters i'd say. Especially when technically they are not through but why experiment with Bender at RB if you don't want him to play there?

Howdes is another sensible chioce but honestly... i see Bender playing.

"Maybe" rest 1 or 2 but can't see Gotze or Reus playing much this tourny which saddens me. Podolski has to be replaced this game to wake him up a little but i keep thinking Jorgi is saying "He'll come good. He'll come good"

Yeah not sure why Podolski is getting so much love just because of 'past' performances. Why not give a FEW MINUTES to guys like Gotze, Schurrle and Reus at least so in future games if they're needed because of injuries/suspensions, they don't piss their pants and are used to this stage. It can only do them well not just for now but to groom them for future.

For me already, those 3 are better and would do more than Lukasz who can also be quite selfish ala Robben somtimes and is an individualist.

Don't understand why Lars Bender would play as RB suddenly now either, a position foreign to him (even though he'll do a good job I think anyway) when you can play Howedes there as RB same way Boateng plays there. OR what I would do is put Lahm on right and play Schmelzer.

Eat your heart out Mehmet Scholl (that is a major arse hole).

Mehmet Scholl is one of the nicest persons to ever grace the world of football. His critique aimed at Gomez was rational and by far not as one sided as other media outlets after his analysis made it out to be. He likes Mario, Mario likes him - that's exactly why Scholl is not afraid to be a little harsh on him even when he scores.

Mario Gomez had a great day, but he still is nothing more/less than a brilliant poacher with (often times painfully) average technical abilities.

I think that's a pretty rare quality these days. Pippo, Ruud.... there aren't very many left. Gomez imo is the kind of striker that a team pays millions for, because they know he will score goals.

Mario Gomez had a great day, but he still is nothing more/less than a brilliant poacher with (often times painfully) average technical abilities.

LOL! u almost make it sound like a bad thing!! isn't that everything u look for in a striker? to just score?
i'll tell u what, if u prefere highly talented and technical forwards with below average coolness in front of the goal, why don't we make a swap; u give us gomez and we give u any forward u want from italy (they're all extremely technical afterall)
boy, i would love that :P

Podolski will get his 100 cap next game. He has played it safe imo and why change the starting 11 ? the formula is working .

Portugal has a player with very good technical abilities, i'm sure they would have liked to swap him for Mario Gomez with his average technical abilities in the match against Denmark.

Oh and about Scholl: i've heard Van Buyten talking about him. If that is true then major arse hole is too kind for Scholl. When Van Buyten was new with Bayern all he did was harassing him...very mature.

I don't know what you're talking about Gerd but Mehmet Scholl has always been a very nice guy. A great talent as well and somewhat of a legendary player.

He likes Mario and Mario respects him as most do as well.

As for Gomez being a great poacher, I'm with others. It's not like there are that many DEADLY strikers who know how to consistently put the ball in the back of the net. Average technique or not or whatever, the guy is great at what his main role is and that is scoring.

Gomez and Falcao are the top two poachers in the world and there just aren't many like them.

Well done Super Mario! 2 amazing goals and to combine that with his PERFECT header against Portugal, he's not only scored 3 vital goals and winners that have brought Germany 6 points but they were all GREAT goals which isn't something we usually say about his goals. :P

wow, it's officially Bender who'll play at right-back now. interesting. don't think he'll do bad there, though.

Death group? 9 Points I'd rather say. :)

But our play in the second until the goal was so full of fear, I am glad, Denmark didn't score in that time, it would've been the end.

Back
Top Bottom