GERMANY Schönheit und Effizienz

Re: Germany - Schönheit und Effizienz

I don't have something with you guys or with your country, i like Germany.
But i see that your press is insulting Greece constantly.
E.g. Bild newspaper.
I want to lose Germany (not only by Greece but generally) just because of your media, in order to stop.

BTW good luck for Friday's match, the better will qualify :)

Don't take the Bild newspaper serious, they are just a newspaper without any serious reports in it and they aim at the same audience as The Sun does in England, if I am not mistaken. And all other newspapers aren't insulting Greece constantly, I think "insulting" isn't the proper term, "criticizing" would be the better one and I think they're correct regarding the happenings of the Greek politicians during the last decades. More often I saw, also in this forum, harsh and insulting words towards our chancellor and the government, so I am not sure, what came first.

Nevertheless I don't think this should be discussed here, as we are a football forum and I am looking forward towards a match which will be closer than what I like it to be. The better one will continue and even if I like Greece as a country(was there every summer when I was younger) I think we will reach the semi-finals as we play the more efficient football and Greece are missing Karagounis.

Yes "criticizing" is better, "insulting" was google translate's advise :P

I thought Bild was a serious newspaper, i was amazed when they said about Samaras and even more.

Anyway, i also think that Germany will win but i'm sure we'll fight to do our best.

i see a boring, one sided match on friday like the championsleague final in munich.

90 or maybe more minutes on one goal. hopefully with the correct winner ;)

i hope for a early goal for us!

I see something like this:
samaras_merkel.jpg

As I said, they are far away from being a serious newspaper, you shouldn't take their reports as German opinion and acting towards Greek. This is just ridiculous and has nothing to do with good journalism. Sadly this is their normal "style" of winning information and writing articles...

Btw, I wonder if you can read these pages, have you learned German and can speak it?

Sport24 published it translated -> http://www.sport24.gr/football/Euro/Euro2012/h_vild_apokalei_mal_ton_karagkounh.1824785.html

But i can speak a little German, actually i was learning for 3 years at secondary school and now i remember the "basics".

Okay, cool, I have respect for everyone learning German as I consider it a very complex language (so complex that parts of the German population seem to have problems with it, too :D).

But yes, I can only repeat myself not to focus too much on BILD's articles, they're not representative. The majority here is thinking of Greek as a weaker opponent than Spain or Italy, but not as weak as San Marino f.e. and expects a close as the one against Denmark.

Yep, you know, to sell more - all the yellow press ever cares about, no matter where they are located.
I don't know how that is in Greece, but over here, taking a paper like BILD seriously pretty much translates into illiteracy.

Just out of curiosity anyway then, not that it matters or is a good representative of German journalism, what is the article saying?

Just out of curiosity anyway then, not that it matters or is a good representative of German journalism, what is the article saying?

A reporter booked a room in the same hotel the Greek team resides in. He basically just attempted (and failed) to joke about all the things he witnessed involving players and officials - like the coaches smoking-habits, Karagounis cursing on the phone, laid-back attitudes and such. It was really just a sorry, sketchy excuse for a real journalists work. Nothing of interest in there.
Though I honestly can't tell how someone could be offended by that. It's so obviously childish from start to finish. Like I said: Failed humor, satire or whatever you want to call it. It's not worth reading, let alone getting a headache over.

Fantastic first half. Best i have seen this tournament.
Samaras should have had 3 red cards.

Amazing performance. And at all times aimed straight at scoring. The 3 guys behind Klose were phenomenal. Khedira and Hummels the usual beasts in defence. Boateng and Schweinsteiger need to buckle up, though.
I'll watch this a few times over, I think. :)

When he's fit, he shows his usual class once again. Textbook performance from Klose. For the rest, Germany have too many too good players. Praises wouldn't end for this team.

Good game, although the two goals from Greece weren't really needed. The first one fell in a period, where we weren't that concentrated and the second ones wasn't a penalty in my opinion, Boateng has his back turned towards the ball, he couldn't even see it coming.

Nevertheless in my opinion the best performance we showed during this tournament and now we are worth being called one of the favorites to win the cup.

Löw has a ridiculous amount of talent to choose from up front, so many different options to choose from that could break down any sort of defence.

Khedira was incredible.

I really liked Özil today. He was literally impossible to separate from the ball and obviously had a lot of fun playing with technically gifted guys like Klose, Reus and Shuerrle up front. He does remind me of Zizou sometimes - the way he handles the ball, keeps it away from his opponents. You can see Zidane was his biggest influence.

you are so laughable hahaha...

born and raised in germany, german mother, lived his whole life in germany. and he is tunisian? do you smoke your ouzo down there in greece?!

what the hell...

Back
Top Bottom