[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Farming Simulator 19

Really chilling game, but I'm not a farmer. But I got it for free on Epic some months ago or so.

Continuing Ghost of Tsushima, in the last chapter now, and playing Zombi Army 4 Dead War with my friend, another pretty good multiplayer effort from Rebellion, was free on Plus last month.

finally having some time to unearth old games :D
have a little back catalogue of 5-6 games now to dive into.
starting with ABZU, so relaxing, great music as well

ABZU Gameplay

ACC last weekend
now that my new screen for the sim racing cockpit has arrived last friday, i tinkered with the settings and when i was roughly done, i had some awesome moments in ACC!
had a friend from munich visiting me this weekend and he was hooked immediately. so i let him drive and he couldnt stop himself! :D he did very well for the first time driving a Sim!
so this week is all about training sessions in ACC! need to get my driver ratings up!
ACC this week!

@iGreedyFekkerHD yeah, Abzu is great! like flower, it puts me in a very calm mood... perfect to end a day in a relaxing way!

Last edited:
Monster Magnets "Dopes to infinity" on vinyl.
My 1979 Stratocaster through my orange amp and Marshall cabinet.
Videogames?
Not yet,it's still monday though

ACC last weekend
now that my new screen for the sim racing cockpit has arrived last friday, i tinkered with the settings and when i was roughly done, i had some awesome moments in ACC!
had a friend from munich visiting me this weekend and he was hooked immediately. so i let him drive and he couldnt stop himself! :D he did very well for the first time driving a Sim!
so this week is all about training sessions in ACC! need to get my drive ratings up!
ACC this week!

@iGreedyFekkerHD yeah, Abzu is great! like flower, it puts me in a very calm mood... perfect to end a day in a relaxing way!
Have you tried SRX: The Game?

AC Valhalla, but damn it... Although the Nordic theme is really cool, the game is SOO repetitive. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to finish it due to boredom.

Have you tried SRX: The Game?
Watched some review videos. This is not my cup of tea. I’m not into mud racing, buggies or the likes... no bike games either. No LMP, Formula 1 is ok-ish, but I prefer everything between road cars and GT3 class.

Last edited:
Watched some review videos. This is not my cup of tea. I’m not into mud racing, buggies or the likes... no bike games either. No LMP, Formula 1 is ok-ish, but I prefer everything between road cars and GT3 class.
Fair enough. Maybe you should try Automobilista 2 with the new update then!

Guys thanks, but I’m “trapped“ on PS5 till the hardware market returns to normal.

so all my hope relies on the ACC port later this year.

AM2 looks great, I followed the release of the latest update.

I would not play AM2 because it's a subscriber bullshit only. If you want to play this game, yea give us money xxx and you can play for some months. And after this give us money again... never ending story.

Guys thanks, but I’m “trapped“ on PS5 till the hardware market returns to normal.
Yeah could my graphics card pick a worse time to die?! I've been looking to get a new PC for a while as mine is now 6-7 yrs old. It was pretty decent at the time even if not top end by any means but time to upgrade. As you say though the prices are stupid so I thought, I'll just wait. Then last week my graphic card decided to die. My laptop's ok for a bit of retro PES but that's about it. Now it's going to be a case of waiting as I'm not paying stupid money.

Yeah could my graphics card pick a worse time to die?! I've been looking to get a new PC for a while as mine is now 6-7 yrs old. It was pretty decent at the time even if not top end by any means but time to upgrade. As you say though the prices are stupid so I thought, I'll just wait. Then last week my graphic card decided to die. My laptop's ok for a bit of retro PES but that's about it. Now it's going to be a case of waiting as I'm not paying stupid money.
awww man, bad time for this to happen. sorry to hear; any console to fall back to?
maybe you can get lucky with those bots and alerts giving info on restocked cards. Have you heard about that?

That sucks man!
I'm still waiting for a new console,guess it's the same issue.

awww man, bad time for this to happen. sorry to hear; any console to fall back to?
maybe you can get lucky with those bots and alerts giving info on restocked cards. Have you heard about that?

No, no console. No I hadn't heard about that. I looked at a couple of older cards on ebay but those that aren't silly prices for a second hand G card have the sort of comments like this is an old card, hasn't been used in a couple of years, not sure if it's working or not so be aware as I don't take returns or similar so I'm not going to be bothering taking a chance on that.

I suppose one option would be to by a custom build one with decent specs but get it without the graphics card for now or just get the oldest card they have which will still probably be better than what I have now anyway. Then upgrade the graphics card once prices are sensible.

No, no console. No I hadn't heard about that. I looked at a couple of older cards on ebay but those that aren't silly prices for a second hand G card have the sort of comments like this is an old card, hasn't been used in a couple of years, not sure if it's working or not so be aware as I don't take returns or similar so I'm not going to be bothering taking a chance on that.

I suppose one option would be to by a custom build one with decent specs but get it without the graphics card for now or just get the oldest card they have which will still probably be better than what I have now anyway. Then upgrade the graphics card once prices are sensible.
yes, thats a good alternative. decent gaming PC's can be bought from around 1.500 Euro and up, afaik...
maybe @bsmaff can guide you a bit here!

yes, thats a good alternative. decent gaming PC's can be bought from around 1.500 Euro and up, afaik...
maybe @bsmaff can guide you a bit here!

Yeah, plus I'm not even going anywhere near top end, don't play enough games to justify that but just something Graphic Card wise that will run current games well on good settings (not worried about 4k or anything). I'd transfer my HD to it too, no point paying £100 extra just for windows 10 to be put on it. So I guess it's a case of getting the cpu, m/board and psu good enough to run better than the level of card I may get to future proof improving the card at a later date.

I can get back on topic here and say I might have been playing Tennis Elbow 4 demo had it not died! I did try with the integrated graphics for a laugh and it just about ran it - in slow motion :LOL:

PC Gaming is something not good to get into at the moment, or even look into upgrading.
With scalpers and everything at the moment, new components are impossible to get, and older components like the RTX 1000 and 2000 series GPU's are now selling for more now than they were new 2-5 years ago.
Pretty much anything GPU wise on PC is an absolute no go.

As @PRO_TOO stated there are some bots and discord groups which prompt when cards become available, but the problem is, like the PS5 people are currently buying them up just to resell as you can make an easy £1000 if your lucky enough to get a 3080 or 3080Ti. Or in the PS5 sense an easy £200.

But the problem isn't just the new cards, as stated the 1000 and 2000 series are now selling for more now, than they were new.

You can easily get hold of new processors and motherboards, but then I think now since it is 6 months from release of new CPU's people are ignoring them as the next gen AMD is going to change motherboard socket and there is rumours they could be PCI-E 5.0, so most people including myself are waiting for the 6000 series AMD CPU's.

I will dig out the Discord group if I can about the Nvidia launches, but as I said if you miss the alerts by just 1 minute, you won't get one.
Anything other than an Nvidia founders edition is just not worth purchasing the 3070 is £450 if you can get one - That is one hell of a card, but getting on which scalped is near impossible.

PC Gaming is something not good to get into at the moment, or even look into upgrading.
With scalpers and everything at the moment, new components are impossible to get, and older components like the RTX 1000 and 2000 series GPU's are now selling for more now than they were new 2-5 years ago.
Pretty much anything GPU wise on PC is an absolute no go.

As @PRO_TOO stated there are some bots and discord groups which prompt when cards become available, but the problem is, like the PS5 people are currently buying them up just to resell as you can make an easy £1000 if your lucky enough to get a 3080 or 3080Ti. Or in the PS5 sense an easy £200.

But the problem isn't just the new cards, as stated the 1000 and 2000 series are now selling for more now, than they were new.

You can easily get hold of new processors and motherboards, but then I think now since it is 6 months from release of new CPU's people are ignoring them as the next gen AMD is going to change motherboard socket and there is rumours they could be PCI-E 5.0, so most people including myself are waiting for the 6000 series AMD CPU's.

I will dig out the Discord group if I can about the Nvidia launches, but as I said if you miss the alerts by just 1 minute, you won't get one.
Anything other than an Nvidia founders edition is just not worth purchasing the 3070 is £450 if you can get one - That is one hell of a card, but getting on which scalped is near impossible.
i'd have a deeper look at these alerts to...
i'd be good with a 1080ti or similar. max euros i want to spend right now for a 6-8GB card (11GB could be too much price wise, right?) is around 400. i wish i could get a new card, with guarantee as i dont trust the used cards to much.
dont need anything fancy... just wanna run racing sims in 1080 max or 4k mid details. a Ryzen 5 3600 is laying at home, RAM and PSU are ready too. all i need is a decent gfx card and id order a mainboard, nvme and a case immediately.

@bsmaff Thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated. :))

Quick question if I may, I saw a video recently about the Ryzen's that have the G on the end that are ok for running general games (compared to the usual integrated graphics at least) bearing in mind I'm not looking to play top end AAA games right now as I don't have any new one's anyway. Do you think that might be an interim option, to get a custom build with no graphics card but with one of the 'G' Ryzen's to at least have some capacity to play something in the meantime. Then get the graphics card down the line to add to the system.

i'd have a deeper look at these alerts to...
i'd be good with a 1080ti or similar. max euros i want to spend right now for a 6-8GB card (11GB could be too much price wise, right?) is around 400. i wish i could get a new card, with guarantee as i dont trust the used cards to much.
dont need anything fancy... just wanna run racing sims in 1080 max or 4k mid details. a Ryzen 5 3600 is laying at home, RAM and PSU are ready too. all i need is a decent gfx card and id order a mainboard, nvme and a case immediately.

Yeah that's kind of the level I'd be happy enough with really. Guess it's just going to be a case of wait until the prices drop and keep a look out in the meantime in case. Have to start a retro PES ML on the laptop to keep me occupied :)

@bsmaff Thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated. :))

Quick question if I may, I saw a video recently about the Ryzen's that have the G on the end that are ok for running general games (compared to the usual integrated graphics at least) bearing in mind I'm not looking to play top end AAA games right now as I don't have any new one's anyway. Do you think that might be an interim option, to get a custom build with no graphics card but with one of the 'G' Ryzen's to at least have some capacity to play something in the meantime. Then get the graphics card down the line to add to the system.

Yeah that's kind of the level I'd be happy enough with really. Guess it's just going to be a case of wait until the prices drop and keep a look out in the meantime in case. Have to start a retro PES ML on the laptop to keep me occupied :)
sliding in here... before @bsmaff ;)

some Ryzen have an IGP: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_AMD-Ryzen-Prozessoren ...for "the lighter" software.

GPU scalpers only exist because of bitcoin mining. IMO, scalpers should be scalped and miners should... clear minefields by walking through it while naked, or hell... get a pickaxe driven through their skull. Also, ransomware viruses only exist because of crypto currency. Scum of the earth.

I would not play AM2 because it's a subscriber bullshit only. If you want to play this game, yea give us money xxx and you can play for some months. And after this give us money again... never ending story.
what!? since when does AM2 feature a monthly subscribtion system!?
never heard of that!

what!? since when does AM2 feature a monthly subscribtion system!?
never heard of that!
I read this in the reviews:

Ganz ehrlich... wenn ich gewusste hätte,dass es sich hier anscheinend um ein Abomodell eines halbfertigen Spiels handelt, hätte ich AM2 nicht gekauft. Gegenüber vieler zumeist Influencer-Meinungen ist das Fahrmodell und auch das Force Feedback eher mittelmäßig und nicht auf einem Level mit AC/ACC oder iRacing. AM2 nutzt die alte PCars Engine und sieht dementsprechend "okay" aus, mehr aber auch nicht. KI kann man getrost vergessen.

Ich finde besonders schade, dass hier ein Spiel mit mauem Content und vielen technischen Problemen bereits mit massenweise Paid Content versorgt wird. Das Spiel hat höchstens Beta-Status und kostet 37 Euro. Dazu kommen monatlich DLCs für 9 Euro. Sorry aber da gibt es deutlich bessere Rennsims, die mehr Inhalt bieten und zudem technisch auf einem höheren Stand sind.

It is not from me. But a little bit susspesct for my choice.

I read this in the reviews:

It is not from me. But a little bit susspesct for my choice.
first of all, please provide a link to this review so i can put it in context. thank you.
second, it reads to me like he's not a fan of the software! :D
offering DLC is not a subsciption model!
i havent driven AM2 yet but from the yt videos i've seen, i'd say its a good looking racing sim!

carlist-jpg.7845

tracklist-jpg.7846
well, that content looks quite ok for me, for 40 bucks!

Last edited:
first of all, please provide a link to this review so i can put it in context. thank you.
second, it reads to me like he's not a fan of the software! :D
offering DLC is not a subsciption model!
i havent driven AM2 yet but from the yt videos i've seen, i'd say its a good looking racing sim!

carlist-jpg.7845

tracklist-jpg.7846
well, that content looks quite ok for me, for 40 bucks!
If it's fine for you ok, then get it. I will not. ;)

Back
Top Bottom