[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Everyone who grew up with playstation had amazing moments with Gran Turismo series. For every sim racer that game had special place in the heart. Growing up and you need something more immersive and realistic and yeah ACC comes to table but there are few simulators that made some stuff better than other, rFactor 2 for it`s physics and force feedback, RaceRoom for the wide variety of car classes and rock solid physics. Don`t forget original Assetto Corsa, it`s unreal what transformation that game have with community content, sol and custom shaders patch made the game best looking sim out there with dynamic 24h weather. Great time to be alive :D

A lot of FIFA 20,not a great game,but still enjoyable,gives me a lot of wow moments,plus goals being scored very randomly,the good Vs the bad etc, and on modern games,can't play Pes anymore,sadly!

And started playing ME Andromeda,know it got criticism when it was released,but I think it's good enough,enjoying it a lot.

Last edited:
And started playing ME Andromeda,know it got criticism when it was released,but I think it's good enough,enjoying it a lot
I couldnt stomach Andromeda.
Coming from original ME trilogy, full of epic moments, after completing it with one custom made character who I took through all three parts... Having NPC's still remembering my choices from part 1... Andromeda felt like a cheap copy and a joke. I was extremely dissapointed.
Graphics were bad, story was dull, it was full of bugs and glitches...

Having said that - I had similar story with No Mans Sky. Had it on the shelf for few years. Recently intalled it and cant stop playing it. Its absolutely brilliant. And new Expeditions added so much fun and immersion to the whole experience. No longer Im flying around with no goal in mind. I have specific tasks, rendezvous points - Im working towards something.
And even tho most of the time I've no idea how to get it - journey itself is a great fun.

Maybe Andromeda got some TLC further down the road as well..?

Coming from original ME trilogy, full of epic moments, after completing it with one custom made character who I took through all three parts... Having NPC's still remembering my choices from part 1... Andromeda felt like a cheap copy and a joke. I was extremely dissapointed.

Having said that - I had similar story with No Mans Sky. Had it on the shelf for few years. Recently intalled it and cant stop playing it. Its absolutely brilliant. And new Expeditions added so much fun and immersion to the whole experience. No longer Im flying around with no goal in mind. I have specific tasks, rendezvous points - Im working towards something.
And even tho most of the time I've no idea how to get it - journey itself is a great fun.

Think I've had No man's sky installed,but never played,but might give it a go, looks like a lot of fun,saw a bunch of YT today!

Never played ME 1-3,but I guess I'd be disappointed too if.
Looks like a game far away from OG ME.

Need to find games very different to what I'm usually playing (triple A bs).

NMS: With all the latest updates, it’s awesome how good the game became over time.
I do not regret spending 20 bucks when it was on sale. The collecting stuff part can be a bit much for me at times.

I do look forward to the next Elite Dangerous update though.

NMS: With all the latest updates, it’s awesome how good the game became over time.
I do not regret spending 20 bucks when it was on sale. The collecting stuff part can be a bit much for me at times.

Never even heard of Elite.
It looks very good, but I need to wait for Odyssey DLC, as currently there's too not enough ground exploration.

As for NMS - most of needed resources are very cheap to buy, so the grind is only during initial stages of the game.
For the moment im continuing with Expeditions, while also doing initial story mode missions, where I learn the basics.
Found some undiscovered little moon and built my first base.
20210523_005601.jpg
Its a slow burner, but very immersive and satisfying.
But most of the fun is on the ground, hence Elite Dangerous in its current, mostly flying simulator state, would probably not be as fun for me.
I'll keep an eye out on Odyssey DLC, allegedly coming to consoles Fall '21.

Star Citizen is garbage

hence Elite Dangerous in its current, mostly flying simulator state, would probably not be as fun for me.
Yeah... I was wrong.
Been playing Elite over the last week and Im having great craic.
The thing about No Mans Sky is that almost every single planet has plants and life. Its great if you want variety and fun, but its not that great if you look for realism.
Elite gives you a nice change of pace and planets and space looks absolutely stunning.

Yeah... I was wrong.
Been playing Elite over the last week and Im having great craic.
The thing about No Mans Sky is that almost every single planet has plants and life. Its great if you want variety and fun, but its not that great if you look for realism.
Elite gives you a nice change of pace and planets and space looks absolutely stunning.
so glad i left your comment without an answer from my side till now!
great that you found this title to be something special by your own! :)

both games are in space and thats it for the major things they have in common, imo! as i said, like them both but i prefer the more realistic approach in ED!
i'm not a fan of all the minecrafts and what not "collecting stuff like crazy"-games... and yes, the pace is totally different... letting myself drift away in space... is so calm... can be!
anyway, cant wait for the odyssey update later that year on PS5, to finally set foot on planets! besides that, planet exploration with the SRV can be fun too!

edit: ah... let me add one thing real quick! please have a look for "ED fuel rats" videos on youtube. youll see what great community is here to be found! when i first heard their stories... i was just... :SHOCK: then... :APPLAUD::BOP: brilliant stuff!

edit2: a quick example!

Last edited:
Vigor.
I played this when it was released a few years back,and Xbox exclusive.
But I picked it up again,a bit more thinking/tactical game Vs PUBG/Warzone.
You have a base/house that you can upgrade,deconstruct weapons for parts,find food etc.

When you enter the map/Warzone you can chose to sneak around and scavenge for stuff,you can kill other players and steal their stuff.
If you get killed you lose everything.
But the kicker here is that you can head for the exit anytime you want to,if you don't get killed you make it out with all your stuff,or if you want stay in for the shrinking map and win the round.
So a lot of tactics.
I usually loot shit,try to get a kill then get the fuck out and upgrade my base.
Love it!

Downloaded and started Day Z,man what tough fucker that is.
Still shooting people in Vigor and a few games of FIFA 20

Downloaded and started Day Z,man what tough fucker that is
It is brilliant once you start getting your head around how to survive.
Unfortunately, after a while there's not much to do there, especially on consoles.
Littered with bugs as well, but you can look pass them. I've been playing it non stop for nearly a year before I got bored.
Its one of the best games you can play with mates by far, but even solo I had great time.
DM me if you need any tips.😉

Ps. My mates downloaded Vigor, but said no one is playing it on Playstation. They couldnt find anybody to start a match outside the base.. :LOL:

Reactions: Tom
It is brilliant once you start getting your head around how to survive.
Unfortunately, after a while there's not much to do there, especially on consoles.
Littered with bugs as well, but you can look pass them. I've been playing it non stop for nearly a year before I got bored.
Its one of the best games you can play with mates by far, but even solo I had great time.
DM me if you need any tips.😉

Ps. My mates downloaded Vigor, but said no one is playing it on Playstation. They couldnt find anybody to start a match outside the base.. :LOL:
Sounds brilliant,yeah om going for it.
Weird,I always get games,Vs Xbox and switch players,can't speak for PS4.

Zelda Breath of the Wild (brilliant game!) and Mass Effect Andromeda.

Decided to give Andromeda another chance (while waiting for ED Odyssey) and this time it really clicked.
Have to force myself to ignore weird and creepy facial expressions, but at least im no longer glitching into the mountains and getting stuck anywhere.. Seems like most issues got patched.
Went pass the stage where I gave up on it last time and the story really picked up.
Enjoying it quite a lot.
Its not The Trilogy, but its a damn solid game.

Vigor,Day Z and decided to give FIFA 19 a spin.
Weird game,I like it and I don't like it,so different from the 1v1 20/21 but it can get very frantic,playing on my old setup (Ultimate difficulty) but it's enjoyable.
@Emroth glad you gave ME one more go,it's a decent game

Back
Top Bottom