Football Manager Series

Anecdotal facts are never useful in arguments. I know professional women players who play football manager (both current and former) and also female gamers who play it and now? See not useful at all for an argument. What is useful is looking at the business case and where women's football is now:

Women's football is growing and also part of the football world. You now have the big tournaments have good viewership numbers in main countries, you have higher attendance for important games in women's leagues and Champions league. In Spain and UK the Women's game is now a legit alternative to the men's game for many having affordable prices and being more kids friendly.

So investing in it is a smart move into the future since the women's game is growing and will continue to grow.

Just from a business standpoint alone it is understandable regarding long term goals and even if you put that aside, the size of women's football and attendance and viewership numbers alone make it a valid point to be in the game the same as some of the men's leagues in it.

Add to that viral marketing and PR opportunities (look at how much EAs implementation of Women in Career Mode is mentioned this year all through the media) and it is an easy business case to make.

Also: I started playing Championship Manager 2 even when I didn't fully understand it because I could play my favourite team. Seeing how nowadays gaming is also something girls do who says there won't be girls/women who will become interested in managing their favourite women's team that has their favourite players in.
My comparison and argument is mainly with the devs statement regarding international management and the % playing as an international manager. I highly doubt the % will be higher in women's management mode. I know from a business point of view the market is there and I know more females are into videogaming now but Football Manager is a different beast of a game.
The points I've made come from personal experience and I'm glad you know women playing the game. If 20-30yrs old females are playing Football Manager I'm speechless and I would love to see that if there are any YouTube videos.

My comparison and argument is mainly with the devs statement regarding international management and the % playing as an international manager. I highly doubt the % will be higher in women's management mode. I know from a business point of view the market is there and I know more females are into videogaming now but Football Manager is a different beast of a game.
The points I've made come from personal experience and I'm glad you know women playing the game. If 20-30yrs old females are playing Football Manager I'm speechless and I would love to see that if there are any YouTube videos.
Look up Holly Percival/Hollyplays she has been streaming Football Manager in the past and even won a streamer contest for FM ;)

https://poddtoppen.se/podcast/12719...a-football-manager-podcast/holly-plays-to-win

There is also for example FM_Girl on Twitch.

But literally it takes 5 seconds on Google to find Female FM Streamers.

And I do believe it will be higher: the lower salaries and budgets will make a good challenge for FM players

Last edited:
I'm also looking forward to the women's part of the game. And if I understand that correctly you can move between male and female parts in one save so you can start managing a women's team and then change to the men's team. I see a potential for some seriously good challenges :))

Personally don't see the need for any new challenges.
Starting unemployed an average player/manager and starting at some European league is all the challenge and experience I need.

I will start a game with women's football but personally I hope that it isn't a case of one match engine fits all and a good tactic in the mens version works in the womens version.

The line where they mention they need more time to manage the new engine, reminds me of Konami before Efootball 2022.

The line where they mention they need more time to manage the new engine, reminds me of Konami before Efootball 2022.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
People I know state Unity is pretty easy to program for and yes the first release sounds like it is going to be a downgrade but FM always has been worse the 1st year they have changed to a new engine.
It takes them a year or two before the game has better features and plays a better game.

I have faith they will eventually sort the product out and fix any issues they have quickly and sure there will be a lot more patches this year than they had previously.
I am sure though Unity will bring big improvements to the graphical match engine and mods will probably be easier to develop.
As long as the majority of fixtures are there and the game is very similar majority of people will be happy.

I am looking forward to the new engine and taking Sandecja to the Polish title and knockout stages of the Champions League.

I'm trying to claim almost any interesting game in the Epic Store and last FM (before FM 24) I have there is FM 2020. Of course I could miss something but I would be very upset to find that out :D

Do you know where I can find:

- Adboards pack
- Different scoreboards (like those from the game: Bundesliga, EFL, european competitions…
- A simple skin, like the one from FM Touch… I rather look for different menus than having tons of info in the same page

Thanks a lot guys!

There *was* an adboard pack, but SI threatened legal action as it's the only place they can advertise within the game, so it was removed from the internet. It was originally for FM21 or 22, and doesn't work for 24.

Such a shame, because I was amazed just how deep it was.

For everything else, try sortitoutsi.net.

Reactions: #71
Thanks Chris! It’s a pity as those elements really improve your graphical experience…it would help to feel like you’re actually playing a different competition.

I’ve been looking for the others on different websites but I haven’t found quite what I was looking for. I was hoping there was a mod with several scoreboards or, at least, some from the major leagues.

My main gripe with what seems to be coming out of SI is features are being removed and it seems as if the game is going to slowly get massively dumped down so that console players and PC players have the same experience and to attract the esports generation to play the game more.

I am starting to really worry about the game now and the direction in what it is going.

If regular players have been following the news closely, some of that may well have filtered through. Earlier in the summer, Sports Interactive's first blog on FM25 revealed as much about what wouldn't be making it to the new entry as what would. The social media screen is out; the data chalkboard is out; modes such as Create-a-Club, Challenge Mode, Versus Mode, Fantasy Draft are out too, with returns lined up for some of those over time. One of the biggest, announced at the start of September after we spoke - alongside a slight delay, from its usual early November release to later that month - is the removal of international management this year.

Don't forget about SI's official partnership with the English Premier League. In 2023, EA signed a deal that would pay the EPL $588M (USD) over 6-years, which is $98M/yr. Did SI pay this much? No idea, but I guarantee you it wasn't cheap. Also, sometimes large deals like this end up with the outside party gaining some creative control over the product. It may not be much, but it is something.

Don't forget about SI's official partnership with the English Premier League. In 2023, EA signed a deal that would pay the EPL $588M (USD) over 6-years, which is $98M/yr. Did SI pay this much? No idea, but I guarantee you it wasn't cheap. Also, sometimes large deals like this end up with the outside party gaining some creative control over the product. It may not be much, but it is something.
They did address it in the interview, with also them mentioning that EA and SI are on good terms. From what you can gather from the interview it is that they didn't pay a too steep price but found a middle ground:

"Jacobson received a call from someone at the Premier League, effectively asking, in his words, "So if this was possible, would you be interested? And if you were interested, how much would you be interested?" He gave them a figure in response, "and they laughed."

"They said 'Well, we were thinking 10 times that number.'"

After some back and forth, for some time longer, the two agreed a deal. "A huge effort has gone in over a very long amount of time," Jacobson says, "but yeah, delighted to have that one - and it's not the only new licence that we have for FM25.""

""Look, I think the EAFC team is awesome, I'm a fan of their work," Jacobson says, when I ask him what he made of the reveal. "There are things that we actually couldn't have done this year without their help. You know, we've made one big licence announcement - that's a licence that has always been exclusive to one partner," meaning EA Sports.

"They could probably have quite easily asked for that to still be the case. But that's not the case. That particular licence, the Premier League licence, is with both us and EAFC" In Jacobson's eyes the two developers "will complement each other" by sharing it."

Last edited:
They did address it in the interview, with also them mentioning that EA and SI are on good terms. From what you can gather from the interview it is that they didn't pay a too steep price but found a middle ground:

"Jacobson received a call from someone at the Premier League, effectively asking, in his words, "So if this was possible, would you be interested? And if you were interested, how much would you be interested?" He gave them a figure in response, "and they laughed."

"They said 'Well, we were thinking 10 times that number.'"

After some back and forth, for some time longer, the two agreed a deal. "A huge effort has gone in over a very long amount of time," Jacobson says, "but yeah, delighted to have that one - and it's not the only new licence that we have for FM25.""

""Look, I think the EAFC team is awesome, I'm a fan of their work," Jacobson says, when I ask him what he made of the reveal. "There are things that we actually couldn't have done this year without their help. You know, we've made one big licence announcement - that's a licence that has always been exclusive to one partner," meaning EA Sports.

"They could probably have quite easily asked for that to still be the case. But that's not the case. That particular licence, the Premier League licence, is with both us and EAFC" In Jacobson's eyes the two developers "will complement each other" by sharing it."

This is a bit off topic but how did SI get an agreement with the EPL to use their license and not Coinami after all these years of PES?

Miles helped EA with FIFA which may be a good thing for FIFA.

Hopefully it wasn't a full conversation with EA giving SI advice on how to rinse as much Christmas money out of kids as they can.

Is this some kind of April fools joke? Has Miles gone completely mental by trying to destroy their product? Wtf is going on?

Is this some kind of April fools joke? Has Miles gone completely mental by trying to destroy their product? Wtf is going on?
They did say FM was taking another turn towards FM 25 onwards.

Developers have been helping each other for years. It is usually fans who think there is some rivalry.

So it is not really a surprise, you can even find interviews where both praise each other.

Since FM 22 onwards there has been a partnership between SI and Epic where these games were available for free for about a week or two.

If you redeemed them, you got to claim them - same as now.
Come on, you just need to click on the link to see that this is not true. https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-store-free-games-list/

This is a bit off topic but how did SI get an agreement with the EPL to use their license and not Coinami after all these years of PES?
It's a different license package since it's a different type of video game.

Back
Top Bottom